LT77 & LT230 from 200TDI - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old July 8th, 2009, 11:24 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

LT77 & LT230 from 200TDI

I have removed the LT77 from my 1992 200TDI defender and it is now for sale. There was some minor damage to the bellhousing cause by Frogs Island 4x4 leaving the head of a sheared bolt inside when they replaced the input shaft last year (by the way did I mention it has a nearly brand new input shaft? ) but it is all good now and ready to fit. Short bellhousing so it should fit most Series or 200TDI I believe.

I also have the LT230 transfer case along with it. I am open to reasonable offers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
serial numbers of both boxes and a report or photo regarding lt230 input gear spline wear would be helpful in determining a price to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh
I have removed the LT77 from my 1992 200TDI defender and it is now for sale. There was some minor damage to the bellhousing cause by Frogs Island 4x4 leaving the head of a sheared bolt inside when they replaced the input shaft last year (by the way did I mention it has a nearly brand new input shaft? ) but it is all good now and ready to fit. Short bellhousing so it should fit most Series or 200TDI I believe.

I also have the LT230 transfer case along with it. I am open to reasonable offers.
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

OK, will grab those this afternoon. The input shaft was replaced very recently, a couple months before I bought it in Nov I think and I only drove it from Halifax back to Ottawa before tearing things down so it is perfect.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
andrew

thanks, I meant the input gear spline in the transfer box. these wear in conjunction with the spline on the tailshaft of the transmission, due to lack of lubrication. later ones had a cross drilled input gear to provide better oiling. the interim fix was an oil feed plate located right behind the rear pto cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh
OK, will grab those this afternoon. The input shaft was replaced very recently, a couple months before I bought it in Nov I think and I only drove it from Halifax back to Ottawa before tearing things down so it is perfect.
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM
oilburner
JL
large pile of parts

Andrew - If you aren't sure you can pull the T case input gear out through the PTO cover to inspect.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Serial numbers
lt230 - 22D218832D
lt77 - 50A0099555

not sure when I would ge enough time to check internals more, just wrote my todo list for the next 3 weeks and it added up to about 3 months of work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
200tdi, lt230, tdi