Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 12th, 2005, 08:41 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRhinoProducts
If you read the post it clearly states this has nothing to do with Red Rhino.

Jason

Listen, one problem is your ID is Red Rhino. You cannot then disassociate your company from any classified post. You don't see anyone else promoting a company in this manner, why should you? It certainly doesn't send a good signal. Furthermore, disclaimers on selected posts don't cut it. It's unethical so do away with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2005, 09:48 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by artm
Listen, one problem is your ID is Red Rhino. You cannot then disassociate your company from any classified post. You don't see anyone else promoting a company in this manner, why should you? It certainly doesn't send a good signal. Furthermore, disclaimers on selected posts don't cut it. It's unethical so do away with it.
Ok.. let me step in a bit to clear up some possible misconceptions..

First off, when it comes to Vendors participating on sites, every site owner handles it their own way. While most sites tightly reign Vendor interaction withing the public posting areas, here, I openly encourage Vendors to interact in all sections of the community as long as they follow the Vendor guidelines I have in place. These guidelines are available for any visitor to read when they go to the Vendors Loft.
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...read.php?t=741

As for Jason's signature, Jason's account is a Vendor account. He properly requested his account to be changed after he joined and his use of his business signature promoting his company properly follows the guidelines I ask of all Vendors (see item #6). Some do it, some don't, but then again, I don't strictly monitor the Vendors signatures since most of us already know who is a Vendor here. The rule of having a business signature I ask Vendors to create is in place to provide a quick and easy way for a visitor (more for the benefit of newer visitors) to identify and contact that Vendor if they should see something in some post somewhere else on the forums. The point is, here on this site, the Vendors are asked to have their business info in their signatures.

Rather than having multiple accounts, it is far easier for me to simply change someones account that needs it, to a Vendor account. The only difference with the Vendor accounts vs a regular Members account is that Vendors can create new threads in the Vendors Loft. Other than that, the accounts can participate in all other sections normally. If that vendor wants to sell something privately in the classifieds, they may but it does walk a fine line. For example (and I site this only because it is fresh in my mind) Jason's listing for his bead locks seems fine to me in the Classified section but on the other hand, after seeing this and the Garage sale thread, I kind of first thought those 2 should have been listed in the Loft. But how do we know where that line is? How do we know, all this stuff is not really in his home garage and not at the shop? Is he going to take it to the shop to ship it as he sells stuff? I have to rely on the Vendors to be honest about using their judgment in posting.

As for Eric's comments about Jason spamming people on this site, to my knowledge, the only 2 people that received a spam from Jason (again, through this site), were Mike and myself. No one posted or reported a complaint that they had been spammed from here, as people had just 2 months prior when Tony made that mistake. I saw everyone bitching on Pirate and I saw everyone bitching on DiscoWeb about it, but as far as I recall, no one said "boo" here so no administrative action was taken. I cant do something about something I don't know about. I need the members to reports things such as that. I personally receive over 250 emails a day, most of which keep my spam and virus filters pretty busy, so spam I get, may not be what everyone else gets even if its from a Vendor within our community.

So lets just continue this thread with the main topic of parts. I asked Mike his opinion on if we should move the thread but in the meantime, if you want to get in with Jason's parts run, carry on.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 12th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Bikahoga
Brett
1994/D-90

Hey I am looking for the bar that attaches to the rear door and goes over the spare tire with the break light. I need the light and bar if possable. I need price and shipping price to 21403 Maryland. Thanks Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2005, 02:49 PM
RedRhinoProducts
RedRhinoProducts
Big-Ass Disco
D-90 Source Vendor

Sorry Brett, I think that's an NAS part he probably won't have it. I will check though. As for everyone else the doors aren't looking too good but I will keep you posted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
part, parts