HD CV's and Half shafts - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old November 21st, 2006, 10:56 PM
muskyman
Thom Mathie

HD CV's and Half shafts

Hey guys...not trying to come invade without anything to add so hey I have a awsome deal for someone.

I have a pair of brand new never installed GBR HD CV's with the ABS tone rings and a pair of custom half shafts. the CV's are 23 spline at the star as are the shafts. the shafts are 24 spline at the diff and these are drop in replacements for the stock Defender 90 stockers.

the shafts were custom cut using the largest blanks that will fit without modifications, they run with one diameter from the top of the 24 spline thru the seal area and to a shoulder cut to suport the CV. you will not break these!!!

for pics see herehttp://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28275

I have decided to go a different way so I am just looking to get a fair price for them.

they are in IL but I will gladly ship

$625+ shipping

Thanks

Thom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Who made the custom shafts, what material and fabrication specs?. Thanks for any info.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 09:13 AM
muskyman
Thom Mathie

the Custom Alloy Axles are made from a proprietary alloy steel that is forged then induction heat-treated to optimize torsional strength, and then 100% magnafluxed. They were done by a company that has been doing this type of stuff everyday for 30 some years.

the specs are simply a product of what they need to do, They are the maximum diameter at the 24 spline Diff end and run a very slight taper to the inner seal area where they are the same size as a stock shaft(the seal area is about 1/4" bigger then the rest of the stock shaft) then have another small taper up to the thickest area of the shaft at the shoulder where the CV spacer ring seats.

if you look at the pics I posted on dweb you will see one of the 2 short shafts, thats a maxi-drive shaft next to it and you can see how these dwarf even the oversized maxi's. With shafts all fancy alloys aside bigger is better. these are really strong bling bling shafts:D

Lastly I have bought shafts from this company a half dozen times in the last 20 years for other projects and I have yet to evern break one of there shafts. whoever buys this stuff will not be let down!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2006, 03:32 PM
muskyman
Thom Mathie

SOLD!!..thanks D-90.com

I now have a set of used GBR HD CV's with the maxi-drive halfshafts...all used but in perfect condition. $550

and in a couple weeks I will have a pair of rear maxidrive shafts with the GBR drive flanges as well.

$500

hope someone can use them:D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts