Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Time to start another list of 25 David.... lol...
Advertisement

Old June 3rd, 2010, 11:43 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy View Post
Time to start another list of 25 David.... lol...
lol.

It went surprisingly fast. I think I'll get the next project done first.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:17 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Buck, those vent side grills were all black pc or natural alloy ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2010, 08:30 AM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

place the new grills on while my father was busy yesterday. Still hasnt said anything, wonder how long it will take.
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD View Post
Buck, those vent side grills were all black pc or natural alloy ?
I ran a pair (both sides) for Cube in natural AL as thats what he wanted. I ran 4 more 300 tdi vents and powdercoated them all black. I have just the one left. If you need one in natural, I am trying to work something out with my mill guy where I can do short runs on down time. Well see if he goes for it, he wouldn't in the past but times are tough.

Let me know!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Hi All,

Every set is gone! That was a little fun actually. Thanks for all those who bought.

I wanted people to know that because of the surprising (to me) interest in the vents, I went and talked to my mill house. He is willing to mill up sets on a small batch basis on his down time. Times are tough, or else he would have never done this. Anyway, I am making 6 more sets this week and have already sold one. So if anyone is interested and can stand to wait 2 weeks for shipping, pm me and let me know and I can get it all put together.

Take care guys.

Buck

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:37 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
How much time is involved in each set? I hope its automated, that's a lot of holes, and they're not even round...

Old June 8th, 2010, 08:52 AM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

My father still has not noticed
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:02 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Does anyone happen to know if they will sit flush (or below) with the top of the fender when mounted or do they stick up above the top of the fender?
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Mr Lucas they sit a bit "proud' of a bare fender but fit very nicely with fender top protectors

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old June 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
How much time is involved in each set? I hope its automated, that's a lot of holes, and they're not even round...
It's full CNC other than cutting the bar stock and loading and unloading the fixture. The bitch of it is the hexagon holes. They take a 3/32 endmill that can only run very slowliy to make. It was worth it though. I didn't want just a drilled look, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_lucas View Post
Does anyone happen to know if they will sit flush (or below) with the top of the fender when mounted or do they stick up above the top of the fender?
The new ones are .040 over stock. So basically they will sit pretty much exactly like the stock ones do.

Cheers

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old June 16th, 2010, 03:16 PM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
any luck with the new grilles?
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett View Post
any luck with the new grilles?
So, you want to see one?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:36 AM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
indeed
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckon37s View Post
so, you want to see one?
oh yeah !

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old June 19th, 2010, 07:06 PM
mightymg
Lane Farka
97 D90, 05 LR3, 95 RRC LWB

It will be on mine first ! SUKAS

95 RRC LWB-- DD
97 D90 37 " krawlers, coilovers, beadlocks, stretched
05 LR3 - Mamas/ tow rig

- Moab rally vids 2010
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

So, I thought I would have a picture for you all by now but we ran into some issues. The curve on the back of the grill that follows the body line is going to give us some issue. This isn't a pos stamped piece so we can't just bump it. So now we have to start with a 1/2 piece of material and callor the back. I have to go buy a stock center section to test it against as mine is pretty badly damaged (thank you KOH).

So it will take some time. Also, it will be expensive. I don't know if you guys want to fork out $400 for this thing, but it's looking like that will be the go to market price. It will be sick as $%*& but...

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old June 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Drawings?
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:25 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Drawings?
Kieth at Rovertracks is sending me out a grill surround so I can CMM the curve and finish the solid model of the grill. I won't be done for a while. But, I am going to pursue this and will keep you guys in the loop as it goes. I HATE the stock grills. Every one I have owned started to droop.

BTW, I have 5 more pairs of the wing top vents and 5 more TDI side vents finished and ready to pick up from Powder coat. This was what was left of the raw material. Anybody who is thinking about getting them, jump now!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s View Post
BTW, I have 5 more pairs of the wing top vents and 5 more TDI side vents finished and ready to pick up from Powder coat. This was what was left of the raw material. Anybody who is thinking about getting them, jump now!
Looking forward to getting mine. After seeing them up close (Joshua's) and looking at my badly fading slightly cracked ones, I couldn't pass up on the chance!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
wing