Garmin 2610 GPS/Nav system - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:45 PM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

Garmin 2610 GPS/Nav system

color touch screen, voice direction, SD loadable mapping/trips (128mb card included). this has been a great little unit but i need to free up $$$ to get ARB's and gears...

unit comes w/ ac adapter, integrated speaker, base module and 128mb card.

$175 firm

thanks,
-snosrfr
Attached Images

Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
Doug Crowther
Doug Crowther
94SW,4.6HSE,93LWB,83 110

color screen ? If so I'll take it
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
fbhd
Grant Patitz
Series 3 Stage 1

Smile

If Doug doesn't end up wanting it, I do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrfr
color touch screen, .....
Yup, the 26xx series I think were all color. Definatly the 2620 and 2610

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:27 PM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Crowther
color screen ? If so I'll take it

thanks Chris.

Doug, i just im'd u.

thanks

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Yup, the 26xx series I think were all color. Definatly the 2620 and 2610
you're right on - they were all color.

the difference between the 2610 and the 2620 was the 10 has the ability to accept additional data via SD cards and the 2620 doesn't. it was a lower priced model for those that didn't need to store addt'l maps like trips, topo's and such - i.e., the mallcrawlers

-snosrfr
Old May 3rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Doug Crowther
Doug Crowther
94SW,4.6HSE,93LWB,83 110

paypal sent
Old May 3rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
the difference between the 2610 and the 2620 was the 10 has the ability to accept additional data via SD cards and the 2620 doesn't. it was a lower priced model for those that didn't need to store addt'l maps like trips, topo's and such - i.e., the mallcrawlers

-snosrfr
Yes and no. I have the 2620. Slightly more $$ than the 2610 only because it had a larger hard drive and has the ability to hook directly to a computer via USB to upload more maps directly onto the HD.

Either way.. killer price on the 2610!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

Quote:
Yes and no. I have the 2620. Slightly more $$ than the 2610 only because it had a larger hard drive and has the ability to hook directly to a computer via USB to upload more maps directly onto the HD.

Either way.. killer price on the 2610!
you can connect the 2610 directly to the puter via USB too. i preferred the 2610 because i could have multiple maps/trips already on cards and not have to mess w/ uploading directly to the unit.

either way, garmin's are definitely el primo in the gps/nav arena.

Doug,
i got your paypal notice and it's pending to my account. i'll trust ya not to cancel and will ship the unit out in the morning

guess i kinda forgot to add in s&h, so i'll just eat that...

i'll im ya the shipping info in the am

thanks,
-s
Old May 3rd, 2007, 08:42 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
you can connect the 2610 directly to the puter via USB too. i preferred the 2610 because i could have multiple maps/trips already on cards and not have to mess w/ uploading directly to the unit.
Yeah in hindsight, I would have prefered that ability of cards and gone with the 2610 too. They were extremely cryptic with the 2620 and its ability and space available regarding the entire "upload to the unit" promotion. They made sure they featured the advantages of the new hard drive and its storage but what they hide very well was that out of the huge drive space, only a small % was in fact available for uploads. You also cant selectively delete the pre-loaded data to free up more internal space.

Its a great model and I really like them. Now 2 years after owning mine, its served its orginal purpose very well for road guidance and when I was traveling a lot for work since getting it. Now I rarely use it for getting around town and since I am not traveling for work anymore, I may start checking the forums and see what all is involved with smoking the maps loaded on it and reloading it with the latest Topo suite. I'm getting the "Your maps are out of date" message a lot so I am kind of curious about seeing what the possibilies are now that others have most certainally hacked the units.

Quote:
[/size]
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

Quote:
Yeah in hindsight, I would have prefered that ability of cards and gone with the 2610 too. They were extremely cryptic with the 2620 and its ability and space available regarding the entire "upload to the unit" promotion. They made sure they featured the advantages of the new hard drive and its storage but what they hide very well was that out of the huge drive space, only a small % was in fact available for uploads. You also cant selectively delete the pre-loaded data to free up more internal space.

Its a great model and I really like them. Now 2 years after owning mine, its served its orginal purpose very well for road guidance and when I was traveling a lot for work since getting it. Now I rarely use it for getting around town and since I am not traveling for work anymore, I may start checking the forums and see what all is involved with smoking the maps loaded on it and reloading it with the latest Topo suite. I'm getting the "Your maps are out of date" message a lot so I am kind of curious about seeing what the possibilies are now that others have most certainally hacked the units.
you should be able to pay a minimal fee to get the updates. yeah, once i get the lockers in the pigs i'll probably either go w/ another 2610 or maybe splurge on a nuvi350 (a bit faster refresh, more compact and uses the mini sd like my smartphone). let me know if you have any luck finding hacks - i'll keep an eye out too.

-sno
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:53 AM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

follow-up...

Doug,

ya might want to check this out - some s/h/w updates:
http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-00273-03

cheerio,
-sno

and here's another good blurb:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/21/w...ps-and-drive/3

fyi... the thing i loved about the garmin (btw - the only gps units i've ever KEPT) is that it required very little and more so, very direct and consitent "touch" entries to do everything; resize map parameters, switch viewable screeens, choose display data etc...

bottom line, Doug, i think u'll like this lil' unit

-sno

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
gps