Galvanized wire basket tail light protectors - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,833
Registry
Galvanized wire basket tail light protectors

Not sure what these came off of around here. these will work on Series or ROW defenders.

$32.50 shipped
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140507-00121.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	94369  
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:24 PM
evilfij's Avatar
evilfij
Status: Offline
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the internet
Posts: 14,688
Oooh early camel trophy style. Too bad only 2.
__________________
*not legal advice*
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:24 PM
cbfritz_03
Status: Offline
Carmen
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 1,520
Those are neat.. and I like those wood floors btw
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,833
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
Those are neat.. and I like those wood floors btw
1810 Virginia heart pine, they only used the red heart of the tree for floors back then
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:40 PM
cbfritz_03
Status: Offline
Carmen
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 1,520
That's interesting..I've never heard of red heart before. I pulled a house apart board by board once (called myself Naileen for a few months) it was long leaf pine. Pulling nails was like trying to get them out of concrete, and I was surprised how much heavier in weight the boards are than the ones you find in home improvement stores now. Like balsa in comparison.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:41 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,686
Registry
Does the Tanberg receiver works?

That thing is pretty cool and reliable.
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,833
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
That's interesting..I've never heard of red heart before. I pulled a house apart board by board once (called myself Naileen for a few months) it was long leaf pine. Pulling nails was like trying to get them out of concrete, and I was surprised how much heavier in weight the boards are than the ones you find in home improvement stores now. Like balsa in comparison.
Yep. http://www.heartwoodpine.com/why-heart-pine/
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:53 PM
cbfritz_03
Status: Offline
Carmen
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 1,520
Sinker cypress is interesting too..

https://www.krantzrecoveredwoods.com/Default.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,833
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
Does the Tanberg receiver works?

That thing is pretty cool and reliable.
It's on the coffee table because I need to take the rosewood sides off and open it up. Hoping the issue is just a blown fuse. Yep Tandberg was considered "studio quality" back in the early 80's. Have a Denon moving coil cartridge turn table to go with it, to play my old bootleg Hendrix's etc vinyl on. Always wanted to pick up a Nachamichi Dragon to complete the setup but cassete's died in favor of the now defunct cd's.
Dragon's still sell for over a grand, 30yrs later.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Maximal
Status: Offline
Max
none
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Saratoga/Syracuse NY
Posts: 208
Would you take $20 since I have no idea where to find 2 more?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,833
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
Sinker cypress is interesting too..

https://www.krantzrecoveredwoods.com/Default.aspx
yep- difference is my floors aren't reclaimed, they are original to my 1810 house and have the patina of 204 years of hard use. That same room has wainscoting, a paneled stair case, huge mantle and 10ft ceiling. The walls are real plaster over lath. Don't get me wrong, its a work in progress (ghetto fabulous). Seems like when I have time I have no funds, when I have funds I have no time. Like all restorations, all it takes is time and money.

I'm in to that sort of stuff as opposed to the modern no molding, no detail work, "clean look" done with modern materials.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:21 PM
cbfritz_03
Status: Offline
Carmen
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
yep- difference is my floors aren't reclaimed, they are original to my 1810 house and have the patina of 204 years of hard use. That same room has wainscoting, a paneled stair case, huge mantle and 10ft ceiling. The walls are real plaster over lath. Don't get me wrong, its a work in progress (ghetto fabulous). Seems like when I have time I have no funds, when I have funds I have no time. Like all restorations, all it takes is time and money.

I'm in to that sort of stuff as opposed to the modern no molding, no detail work, "clean look" done with modern materials.
I was hoping you'd say that...and that's your house? Old wood envy! I'm the same. Lucky you and your treasure. I love the craftsmanship of old buildings. If you don't mind... would you please send me a picture of the staircase and mantle? I was within inches of purchasing an old home but did not because of commuting distance.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,765
Turn them over and they'll make great cup holders
__________________
A friend of mine runs a land rover / range rover specialty repair shop. Based on his experience, they are capable of stopping anywhere, anytime, at any cost.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,833
Registry
Lamp protectors sold over on Guns & Rovers.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:04 AM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,686
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
It's on the coffee table because I need to take the rosewood sides off and open it up. Hoping the issue is just a blown fuse. Yep Tandberg was considered "studio quality" back in the early 80's. Have a Denon moving coil cartridge turn table to go with it, to play my old bootleg Hendrix's etc vinyl on. Always wanted to pick up a Nachamichi Dragon to complete the setup but cassete's died in favor of the now defunct cd's.
Dragon's still sell for over a grand, 30yrs later.
Holy blast from the past... I haven't seen a Nakamichi in a long time.

Those are more money than a D.
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Lemonhead
Status: Offline
TB
1997 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 309
I have a Nakamichi RX505 that's been sitting in a box for probably 15 years - crazy to think how much money was spent on that thing. Also have some Luxman stuff and my B&O turntable in boxes - but that's back in fashion these days (vinyl is back big time).
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old May 9th, 2014, 09:56 PM
ArmyRover's Avatar
ArmyRover
Status: Offline
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,617
I have a old Technics SL-1200 turn table collecting dust in the garage.
__________________
"If you can't stand behind our Soldiers, than by all means feel free to stand in front of them"

Unknown Author


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 10th, 2014, 07:30 AM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
I have a old Technics SL-1200 turn table collecting dust in the garage.
I'd be interested in that ...
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 10th, 2014, 07:38 AM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
1810 Virginia heart pine, they only used the red heart of the tree for floors back then
Are they face nailed or tongue and groove? My attic and second floor have the same floors. The first floor is red oak with painted trim. The stair railings are chestnut.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old May 10th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,833
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Are they face nailed or tongue and groove? My attic and second floor have the same floors. The first floor is red oak with painted trim. The stair railings are chestnut.
Tongue and grooved, hand adzed on the back/underside to sit flush on the pit sawn joists and then face nailed. Much more solid floors than the later additions of the house from the late 1800's.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ht, protector

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tail Light Boot Installation - Fixing Hosed Tail Lights JimC Misc. Chit-Chat 1 July 11th, 2017 04:14 PM
Wing Protectors and Sill Protectors (for a 110) ssegall77 For Sale - Parts 5 August 1st, 2008 09:47 AM
94 D90 wire harness & 94 A/C wire harness mdmuf Wanted 1 August 24th, 2007 09:33 AM
AUX Light wire routing steinhnj Misc. Chit-Chat 1 September 26th, 2006 10:18 PM
90 roof basket the same as 110 basket? GliderKing Defender Technical Discussions 5 June 9th, 2005 06:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Copyright