Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:47 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Galvanized bulkhead removal bar from a NAS 90 Soft top

Started out rust free, blasted and galvanized

This the bar that goes behind the front seats in a NAS Soft top (may also work with SW but not sure)

Make a fair / reasonable offer + shipping from 80227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bulkhead bar.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	33680   Click image for larger version

Name:	bulkhead bar (2).jpg
Views:	187
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	33681  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2010, 05:10 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Still avaliable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Trying to make space in the garage so feel free to make an offer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Nice piece, not to thread crap but I still wish the bars were lower so that we could recline our seats further back to almost laying down like regular cars hehe. I would love to sleep comfortably in my D90, like you know when you stalking women etc.

Just kidding :D

Robert Deniro
Old January 6th, 2011, 07:05 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Neil - ya kill me. O.... maybe I should say that - Neil don't kill me by the way what color is Neil's truck I want to keep an eye out for one in my neighborhood at night with what would appear to missing a driver's seat.

------ Follow up post added January 6th, 2011 09:08 PM ------

Just to add to Dave's thread if anyone is looking to convert a ht to a st and needs this bar and the B pillar supports, I had a machine shop here in SD that will make you up a pair of the B pillar inside the tub supports that are connected with this bar.
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:52 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
do you have the two other parts where that bar attach to?
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

That is it what my post was about if I am understanding you correctly. Goes to the B pillar support from the inside of the tub. If you need them, I have the name of the machine shop that will fab them for you. Takes me out of the loop.
Old September 26th, 2016, 02:21 PM
WBSurfer
Chris
1995 RRC

Registry
Yep....reviving an old ass thread. I've been scanning threads on process to remove the ROW 90 rear bulkead and add the NAS removal bar set up but without much luck. Seems a rather simple task but I don't want to end up hacking something off with an angle grinder that I shouldn't have. Anyone have a link, thread recommendation, photo step by step of the removal and installation ?

Also, I'm looking for that removal bar set up seen above. I've seen them in several sites but curious if any are better than other.

Lastly, as I'm sure a ton of guys have been through this, feel free to chime in with advice and thoughts to help me knock this little project out.

Thanks in advance.
Old September 26th, 2016, 03:05 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
1991 D90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBSurfer View Post
Yep....reviving an old ass thread. I've been scanning threads on process to remove the ROW 90 rear bulkead and add the NAS removal bar set up but without much luck. Seems a rather simple task but I don't want to end up hacking something off with an angle grinder that I shouldn't have. Anyone have a link, thread recommendation, photo step by step of the removal and installation ?

Also, I'm looking for that removal bar set up seen above. I've seen them in several sites but curious if any are better than other.

Lastly, as I'm sure a ton of guys have been through this, feel free to chime in with advice and thoughts to help me knock this little project out.

Thanks in advance.
Ill let you know how it goes. I am starting the removal of my bulkhead tonight (stripping interior), with the goal of being done by the weekend, wrenching (cutting) on it for a couple hours a night after work. I am replacing it with the SD NAS style cage.

I don't think there is anything you can cut off that you will need. The only differences I have seen is around the wheel well area the rivets on the body are above the wheel well on ROW vs lower on the NAS. Some ROW people leave the upper lip. I am going to hack it off. If it means the panel is now floppy ill put some Sikaflex on it, rivet it and or weld if I have to make it look nice. I had a local body shop supply mix me up some aerosol paint to cover the areas that get hurt by the angle grinder.

Britpart makes a bulkhead removal bar kit.
Old September 26th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Chowbird
Tim
'84 D90

Adam, the amount of work you've done in a short amount of time is impressive. Keep the photos coming, they're helpful.
Old September 26th, 2016, 05:29 PM
mmgcny
Michael
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSanta85 View Post
Ill let you know how it goes. I am starting the removal of my bulkhead tonight (stripping interior), with the goal of being done by the weekend, wrenching (cutting) on it for a couple hours a night after work. I am replacing it with the SD NAS style cage.

I don't think there is anything you can cut off that you will need. The only differences I have seen is around the wheel well area the rivets on the body are above the wheel well on ROW vs lower on the NAS. Some ROW people leave the upper lip. I am going to hack it off. If it means the panel is now floppy ill put some Sikaflex on it, rivet it and or weld if I have to make it look nice. I had a local body shop supply mix me up some aerosol paint to cover the areas that get hurt by the angle grinder.

Britpart makes a bulkhead removal bar kit.
Which cage did you get? I thought that they are a bit different than true NAS with regards to the rear bulkhead.
Old September 26th, 2016, 05:59 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
1991 D90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgcny View Post
Which cage did you get? I thought that they are a bit different than true NAS with regards to the rear bulkhead.
I don't have a NAS truck to compare it to but it looks same/similar to me. It will work with the bulkhead if you cut some sections out. I'm just going to do the whole thing. http://www.safetydevices.com/expedit...agon/276/1784/

------ Follow up post added September 26th, 2016 04:59 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbird View Post
Adam, the amount of work you've done in a short amount of time is impressive. Keep the photos coming, they're helpful.
Thanks! I'll be sure to update my build thread with pictures as it comes.
Old September 26th, 2016, 06:23 PM
mmgcny
Michael
None

Adam - your right. The ST ones that SD makes are different. I never look at the others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
90, nas, soft top