Full Aluminum Hard top and Rear Door - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old March 5th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Full Aluminum Hard top and Rear Door

This is an Aluminum Hard Top with full Safari windows and Factory Sun/Moon roof. The glass is new, as are all the seals. The paint is new but I have a feeling that most will want to repaint The inside is coated with a textured spray called Body Schutz by 3M. It is similar to Line-x but lighter and meant to be painted over. Color on the inside is black. Can easily be sprayed over. The rear full 1 piece door is included. This is diamond plated on the inside and insulated. Any and all Diamond plate can be removed easily. There are only small skrews holding it on. The holes of the tire carrier have been filled with liquid Aluminum. They can be re-drilled if anyone wants the door mounted tire carrier. Comes with seatbelt mounts. This is a complete and in perfect condition top. I can take better pictures on request. The truck is not here right now, and the top is still mounted so it will be ready for a new home in about 2-3 weeks. I can answer any questions. Asking price is $3,400 or best offer. I can and will ship at the buyers expense but I have heard horror stories of tops destroyed so it will be at buyers risk. Pickup is better. Thanks!

(pics are not good, sorry! I'll take more soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rollcage4.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	2677   Click image for larger version

Name:	rollcage3.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	2678  

Name:	P1010290.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	2679   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010231.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	2680  

Name:	seatbelt.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	2682  

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2005, 09:50 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Are you selling pieces of the body to finance the running gear?
Old March 5th, 2005, 10:21 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I think he is trying to lose weight for the trail.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2005, 08:21 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
David, I truck shipped a top with no problems. I called a moving Co. and they threw it on a truck from NJ to GA for about $400... Just wanted to let you know.
Old March 9th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Thanks for the info. Still for sale.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:44 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

David,

Are you converting to a ST setup? Did you have to change out your front doors? Where did you find the alum hardtop setup? A little while back someone posted on the boards about potentially dublicating the fiberglass top using aluminum. How difficult is it to install? It looks like the guys at Trek did a GREAT job with your truck!

Brian
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Hey,

Not converting to a soft top. The AL top will work with any doors, I think. The setup came with my truck. The previous owner bought it from RN. I replaced most glass and all seals. It is cake to install, just a few bolts. And the fit is MUCH nicer than the fiberglass top. Smaller gaps and better at keeping water out. Trek hooked me up with some wheels. The rest was done by a few people! Thanks

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 13th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Price drop, $2800 OBO!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

$2,700 and I'll throw in my sliding door tops. Just reconditioned with new internals, and new bolts and nuts.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 26th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

$2,500 OBO! I am going to put it on ebay soon, but I would rather sell it to someone here.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Adam Armendariz
Adam Armendariz
1994 Defender 90 Metal HT

I am interested in the hard top and live in central California. Does the top fit a 1994 D-90? Would I need to change out the roll cage to make it fit?? You can e-mail me at sylvia100@charter.net if that is easier. Let me know. Also are the sliding door tops still included??
Old April 7th, 2005, 05:45 PM
smokeyhotshot
Josh Thalacker
97 NAS D-90

Is the top still on the market?
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Sorry, the hard top is sold. Thanks!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
aluminum, door, hard top, rear door