MARLOW (K.E.R.R.) Kinetic Rope; Never Used, though carried in the back of the D90 for a while. Rovers North has a knockoff for $129.
$120 shipped, Conus.
Brand Name Marlow K.E.R.R. kinetic recovery rope.
The K.E.R.R. was designed and developed by Marlow and British forces to provide fast and effective recovery of armoured vehicles. It allows quick and easy deployment for rapid recovery without the need for special vehicles.
The K.E.R.R. works in the following way:
- One end of the K.E.R.R. is connected to the trapped vehicle and the other to the towing vehicle
- The towing vehicle accelerates to a maximum speed of 16mph (26kph), snatching the rope with itís energy
- The towing vehicle is slowed or halted and itís kinetic energy is transferred into potential energy within the stretched rope
- The rope transfers the kinetic energy to the trapped vehicle and after a pause the trapped vehicle rises free
- If the vehicle is not freed on the first attempt, the process can be repeated
- Once free, continued towing with the K.E.R.R is possible