FS/FT RoversNorth roof rack - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old April 19th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

FS/FT RoversNorth roof rack

Have a roversnorth stainless roof rack on my d-90, the rack is intended for a soft top and doesn't quite fit right on my station wagon. It's also a bit different than what I would like. It's bare stainless with stained wooden planking as front to rear runners. The wood needs to be sanded and refinished and the rack itself could benefit from a buffing wheel.

Rather than making the changes to the existing rack and have it painted or powdercoated, I'd rather just trade it for a hannibal rack or sell it.

Pictures available upon request.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Cyborg
Larry Walton
'97 D-90 ST #2066 UK 4X4

Hey Hans, Does it have all the hardware to be mounted onto a ST?

Larry
Old April 19th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Yep, it's mounted on my SW at the moment with the same hardware. It has two risers on each side that bolt to the external roll cage, and in the back it has a ladder on the left side and a support riser on the right that bolt to the rear body tub that hold up the back of the rack.

I'll try and get some photos up tomorrow or wednesday.

-Hans

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2004, 04:08 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Hans,
can you email photos to me pjb2003consults@aol.com pls.
I'm thinking of my 1994
Old April 25th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Actually, I just had a radical change of plans due to what might be called the "holy grail" of 4x4 projects. As a result I have decided to put a halt to modifying the Defender for a while, since my time is a bit limited lately. The following story may sound like total B.S. but I swear to you that it is a truthful summary of what actually and really did happen the day after my wife bought herself a 2001 Corvette.

Wife said to me, "Hey Honey, can you fix up the Jeep (it's an '84 CJ-7) in the driveway so that I can drive it when it snows? Please? I'll pay for it all. Just make sure to get it running and the transmission fixed before it gets cold again. We'll use the money from selling my old car for it."

So I remind her about the very small remainders of body panels separating the rust holes.

She says "Well, then why don't we just put that fiberglass body on it, like you wanted to do before you got the land rover? But you'll need to put bigger tires on it too or it won't look right next to your truck. It will still cost me less than getting something new that won't do good in the snow and you can drive it whenever you want to. Don't worry, I'll pay for it all. But you can't paint it yourself, take it to somebody that knows what they are doing"

Needless to say, my answer was quick and definitive. Sure honey, you pay for it and I will do the work on the Jeep. First parts order goes out monday before she changes her mind. But I did make her agree to one thing, I patch the current body for now and before we do the fiberglass swap it gets a mopar MPI system. I knew I married her for a reason.

-Hans

Old April 25th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

WOW! Lucky guy.
Old May 8th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Marc Weinstein
Marc Weinstein
defender 90 '94

Hans, Hi I have a 94 st and would be interested in the rack whenever. I travel across L.I. all the time to my house in Montauk. E-mail me when you might want to sell it. Thanks, Marc.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ac, fs, rack, roof, roof rack