Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old November 30th, 2007, 09:00 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

FS Defender Y pipes

Last 2 exhaust parts that are lingering from cleaning up the old shop...

1x 93-95 NAS Defender Y pipe, with 02 sensors, NRP, unknown miles, nice shape. Reduced to $250.

1x 97 NAS Defender Y pipe, Genuine, 24K miles, exc. shape $300.

One last try here then they go to ebay.

Thanks!

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 30th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Pictures?
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Seriously? Its a Y pipe. Looks like a pipe in the shape of a Y with some surface rust as all exhaust parts have.

Search some old threads I have posted pictures of both items in previous posts. This is a last attempt to help someone here before they go to ebay or in the trash.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 30th, 2007, 11:17 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Man you have to have some sweet dumpsters to go dumpster diving in :D
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:26 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Yup, I always try to sell the stuff, but about 80% of the time it turns into a cluster f*&k.

Instead of just selling a mint Genuine Y pipe that runs like 1200. new for a couple hundred bucks, everyone wants a picture, wants to know what the shipping will be, what it will fit when I already posted what it came from and you end up spending way too much time try to basically sell our trash.
I go through phases. Some months it all goes to scrap. Some months I try to sell it and help folks out, but after a few weeks of getting yanked around with pictures, shipping quotes and people who say they want stuff and then never pay for it... then I just toss it all again.

That isn't directed at Andrew or anyone specific... it just gets to be a hassle. I don't have time to deal with that kind of stuff, so I guess I should just shut my cranky mouth and just toss this stuff and stop creating a hassle for myself... its just that I hate to see good parts go to scrap. Oh well.

Old November 30th, 2007, 11:34 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Don't worry Mike. One of these days I'm going to give you about a month's warning that I'm coming up. I'm then going to drive up with a trailer and camp there for a week, close to the dumpsters . Anything you wont throw out for me, I'll make it real easy and convenient for you to sell to me cheap!

charles
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:38 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

The stuff gets picked up every week is the problem.

At the Warren shop we could "make a pile" but here in Rockland it all has to go asap as the Industrial Park we are in now has rules about such things. Its a good thing, it makes the place look nice, but it means we can't pile crap around outside like we used to.

Thanks,

Old November 30th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
looking nice is overrated. so is being cheerful and upbeat. rules exist for one reason only. just let us know when you have some more bits to toss out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
The stuff gets picked up every week is the problem.

At the Warren shop we could "make a pile" but here in Rockland it all has to go asap as the Industrial Park we are in now has rules about such things. Its a good thing, it makes the place look nice, but it means we can't pile crap around outside like we used to.

Thanks,
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Seriously? Its a Y pipe. Looks like a pipe in the shape of a Y with some surface rust as all exhaust parts have.

Search some old threads I have posted pictures of both items in previous posts. This is a last attempt to help someone here before they go to ebay or in the trash.
LOL! I know how you feel Mike, I often feel the same way when I sell things...esp. when I advertise them as Brand New! Anyway, I was just curious as to the condition since it was used. I don't need to replace mine but thought it might be worth replacing it with the stainless one if it looked really nice.
Old November 30th, 2007, 06:07 PM
PCRover
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW

Email sent re '93-'95
Old November 30th, 2007, 06:29 PM
DaineseUSA
Michael Pham
97 d90 SW #0273

it's called life.... deal with it

M>
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:11 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
PM sent this afternoon.

97 D90 SW
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:23 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaineseUSA
it's called life.... deal with it

M>

Actually, I'm trying to help out those in the hobby. It isn't my life, its an effort to sell some used stuff to help folks out. I don't need to do it, and the easiest way for me to "deal with it" is toss the stuff in the dumpster.

Old December 1st, 2007, 09:29 PM
PCRover
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW

Sent Email, no response, are they still available?
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:30 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Actually, I'm trying to help out those in the hobby. It isn't my life, its an effort to sell some used stuff to help folks out. I don't need to do it, and the easiest way for me to "deal with it" is toss the stuff in the dumpster.
Hey Mike, don't worry about it. We all appreciate you offering your "Junk" to us when you can! You know what they say, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

I know everyone here appreciates the treasures you offer us.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Happy to say Holly says they they were both sold on Friday.

Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Turns out the 97 Genuine Y pipe is still for sale.

Old December 4th, 2007, 07:26 PM
DaineseUSA
Michael Pham
97 d90 SW #0273

--Actually, I'm trying to help out those in the hobby. It isn't my life, its an effort to sell some used stuff to help folks out. I don't need to do it, and the easiest way for me to "deal with it" is toss the stuff in the dumpster.--- ECR quote

Never said it was your life... but I do know that even when we try and do good for people, there are those that push a little harder and are not satisfied.
If you are going to do a good deed, then do it...and if you are going to trash something...then trash it, whats the big deal?

M>
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:37 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaineseUSA
--Actually, I'm trying to help out those in the hobby. It isn't my life, its an effort to sell some used stuff to help folks out. I don't need to do it, and the easiest way for me to "deal with it" is toss the stuff in the dumpster.--- ECR quote

Never said it was your life... but I do know that even when we try and do good for people, there are those that push a little harder and are not satisfied.
If you are going to do a good deed, then do it...and if you are going to trash something...then trash it, whats the big deal?

M>
I believe you might spend your money more wisely and seek professional help rather to purchase a "used" exhaust.......but what do I know, I'm just a lowly wrench turner
Old December 4th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR
I believe you might spend your money more wisely and seek professional help rather to purchase a "used" exhaust.......but what do I know, I'm just a lowly wrench turner
Around here, when I needed a Y-pipe, the custom shops actually refused to work on my truck because "it's too much work". NRP's were sold out everywhere. A couple places quoted me $1500 to use stuff out of a catalog, which I ended up buying myself for $450 from e-bay. Dealership said "we don't carry parts for defenders anymore". This was because the previous owner decided to gut the cat's, and I couldn't pass inspection, though the pipes were all in great shape still. All things considered, used Y-pipes aren't a bad deal at all.

Now ask me about the time I went in to get my transmission fluid changed. I had to lend them my manual, show them where the plugs were, and lend them my siphon tube. I try to avoid "professional" help. For some reason, it's a bad thing with Defenders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
fs