Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old December 4th, 2007, 09:02 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
Around here, when I needed a Y-pipe, the custom shops actually refused to work on my truck because "it's too much work". NRP's were sold out everywhere. A couple places quoted me $1500 to use stuff out of a catalog, which I ended up buying myself for $450 from e-bay. Dealership said "we don't carry parts for defenders anymore". This was because the previous owner decided to gut the cat's, and I couldn't pass inspection, though the pipes were all in great shape still. All things considered, used Y-pipes aren't a bad deal at all.

Now ask me about the time I went in to get my transmission fluid changed. I had to lend them my manual, show them where the plugs were, and lend them my siphon tube. I try to avoid "professional" help. For some reason, it's a bad thing with Defenders.
Hans, ...I was directing that comment to the fellow from the west coast. Sounds to me that you should have handed the "professionals" a tuition bill for the education,....I wonder how shops like that stay in business?
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2007, 09:43 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
And I thought you meant "professional help"...as in he needed to see a shrink! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR
I believe you might spend your money more wisely and seek professional help rather to purchase a "used" exhaust.......but what do I know, I'm just a lowly wrench turner
Old December 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
And I thought you meant "professional help"...as in he needed to see a shrink! lol
I DID!................at least someone else got it,......
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2007, 06:50 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Carey...speaking of professional help....what are you turning wrenches into these days? LOL.

....and for christs sake will someone buy the frigging Y-pipe before I drive to Rockland and buy it myself to add to the collection that my industrial park manager is making a career complaining about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:09 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I get 70.00 apiece for the cats from the scrappers. Just leave them out I'll send help.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
fs