I think i was mixing up the dryer with the little exhaust thing. But yeah it was easy to disassemble and the desiccant looked in good shape so I just baked it for a few hours.
Mine was just a two piece housing which screws together with an o-ring to seal it.
Originally Posted by MonLand
Internals can be had for fairly cheap (and probably cheaper if you want to look harder / generic route since the media filters can likely be cut, the desiccant is not Rover specific, the metal ring can likely be salvaged/repainted/treated against rust).
The large cap at the end held by 6-8 screws has two air line fittings. If any of those go bad, it seems hard to replace them. You can also get a new cap, I got an aluminum cap and the fittings on there look serviceable. Of course, at this point, there is not much left of the original dryer!
Sorry for digging this old message back. I just discovered this thread!