Ray Bone
Ray Bone
defender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3897427395.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	530.3 KB
ID:	155834

Free. You pay shipping. Bulbs are LED and they are less than 2 years old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2016, 02:19 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bone View Post
Attachment 155834

Licked, I can grab them one of these nights or this weekend I'm headed to brooklyn. I will PM in a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2016, 04:52 PM
TNRoverGuy
Chris H.
'97 NAS D90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bone View Post
Attachment 155834

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
Licked, I can grab them one of these nights or this weekend I'm headed to brooklyn. I will PM in a bit

Ugh. Dibs on these if you change your mind, John.
Old August 17th, 2016, 04:56 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
EAS compressor, mount, fittings, case, and miscellaneous from a 2008 LR3. Before I toss it, wonder if someone needs any of these parts for rebuild or core return (compressor) or trail damage to case and mount. Tossing in the garbage at the end of the week.
To be clear, I meant if your case was damaged. This one is sound.
Old August 18th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Land Rover Daddy
Carl Pollard
1988 Defender 110 - FFR

I would be happy to have the Plastic grille since the MOD painted mine OD...

Daddy: "I'm going to check the load on the roof rack, I don't want anything to fly off at a high rate of speed."

Mommy: "You don't travel at a high rate of speed"
Old August 20th, 2016, 09:01 AM
asetliff
Adam Setliff
2A 109 Four Door 07 RRSC

Quote:
To be clear, I meant if your case was damaged. This one is sound.
I need the drier. Its the black plastic piece about the size of a small oil filter. Let me know.
Old August 20th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by asetliff View Post
I need the drier. Its the black plastic piece about the size of a small oil filter. Let me know.
driers shouldn't be reused
Old August 20th, 2016, 11:21 AM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
driers shouldn't be reused
They are re-build able

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 FHC
Old August 20th, 2016, 12:33 PM
jashof
Jason Hoffman
1986 90, RHD 200TDI

I have an entire rear axle setup off of a 1986 90(minus brakelines), full third member, Drum brakes, no real rust. Works great. Hubs a little leaky but otherwise ready to go. Local pickup (Issaquah, Washington) or RURR only.
Old August 20th, 2016, 03:14 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverman2010 View Post
They are re-build able
Even the plastic ones? Or are they different than the ones on a RRC?
Old August 20th, 2016, 03:44 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Even the plastic ones? Or are they different than the ones on a RRC?
Charles, RRC and p38 suspension air dryers are rebuildable you find the moisture media on eBay from a couple of bucks to ridiculous expensive.
the top unscrews to empty/fill. not sure of newer systems as they are replaced as an assembly I/E LR-3 and L-322 and up, you get compressor, dryer and slave tanks (the little tanks next to compressor not the main reservoir tank) where applicable.
Old August 20th, 2016, 03:54 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Thanks, I need to do mine. I just assumed it wasn't! I'll give it a try for sure.
Old August 20th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I needed that, but got a new one. If it is still available, I know someone that needs one.

Quote:
EAS compressor, mount, fittings, case, and miscellaneous from a 2008 LR3. Before I toss it, wonder if someone needs any of these parts for rebuild or core return (compressor) or trail damage to case and mount. Tossing in the garbage at the end of the week.

Attachment 155832

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old August 20th, 2016, 11:46 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Replied to the PMs in order received.

Sorry to derail this thread, but here's some unsolicited musings from my recent LR3 fun:

1. LR3 went to bump stops overnight with multiple suspension fault codes. Compressor was inop.

2. Multiple options explored for EAS compressor repair. I surfed through disco3.co.uk extensively as well as domestic sites.....

A. Drier desiccant (aftermarket, no genuine kits available now) on eBay for $70 or so. Looks easy to do but 50/50 on wether it fixed the problem or last beyond a year.
B. Dunlop drop in replacement compressor (with drier). Less than $500 through the usual suspects, and does not require a dealer update to your computer. Also does not require core return. Plug and play for the old Hitachi factory compressor. I went this way as I wanted to take the truck into the hills that next weekend, and it appears I got a dud as it had a hard time building pressure (with warning message about slow to raise"). To be fair, this one does have good reviews from regulars on this board and our vendors. Of note, my fairly rust free truck still had issues with stuck/heat enlarged air lines and fittings, so I had to order the Land Rover line kit ($60ish shipped IIR). After all that, Returned.
C. Ordered the updated Land Rover (AMK) complete compressor/mount/case kit from Zach at a raging price (Less than $700). Installed in under an hour, and it pressurized without issue immediately. This also has all new lines that fit into this updated kit. Took it into the dealer to update the computer (required) as well as a height calibration (more on that in a bit) for around $150. Most of these kits do come with an updated 70A relay, and you should also check the fuse while you are under the hood.
D. Tons of info online about why your D3 drops on just one corner(s) and how to diagnose a leak vs compressor vs valve blocks, etc.

3. Now, the LR3 was leaning heavily (3/4") to the passenger side and causing uneven tire wear. Research showed that many folks have this issue and there isn't much on the way of verified fixes. Some even said dealers claimed this was within factory tolerances....which amazes me as it eats tires this way. The dealer had a tough time leveling the truck with height calibration, and it didn't last more than one day. Since the dealer had such a rough time with calibration, I figured it could be the height sensors. I found a great deal on all four corners for $125 shipped (genuine in box) on eBay. This was cheaper than buying one at a time and hoping to fix the lean. Bingo...after install (did fronts without removing wheels, rears I removed wheels) which took less than 45 minutes for all four, truck self leveled to within 1/8". Solved.

Just wanted to throw this out there as these trucks all behave the same it appears! With all this "maintenance" work, I should just dump this truck but it is such a competent family off roader, I just keep wrenching on it.

Now to fix the Electronic Parking Brake fault. Just did all brakes and parking brake shoes/hardware. Tried to set to bed mode and got the fault. There is a link on disco3 about prying open the EPB actuator above the rear diff and un-jamming and greasing a thingamabob....Yikes.
Old August 21st, 2016, 12:15 AM
671rover
671rover
94 d90

Quote:
Replied to the PMs in order received. Sorry to derail this thread, but here's some unsolicited musings from my recent LR3 fun: 1. LR3 went to bump stops overnight with multiple suspension fault codes. Compressor was inop. 2. Multiple options explored for EAS compressor repair. I surfed through disco3.co.uk extensively as well as domestic sites..... A. Drier desiccant (aftermarket, no genuine kits available now) on eBay for $70 or so. Looks easy to do but 50/50 on wether it fixed the problem or last beyond a year. B. Dunlop drop in replacement compressor (with drier). Less than $500 through the usual suspects, and does not require a dealer update to your computer. Also does not require core return. Plug and play for the old Hitachi factory compressor. I went this way as I wanted to take the truck into the hills that next weekend, and it appears I got a dud as it had a hard time building pressure (with warning message about slow to raise"). To be fair, this one does have good reviews from regulars on this board and our vendors. Of note, my fairly rust free truck still had issues with stuck/heat enlarged air lines and fittings, so I had to order the Land Rover line kit ($60ish shipped IIR). After all that, Returned. C. Ordered the updated Land Rover (AMK) complete compressor/mount/case kit from Zach at a raging price (Less than $700). Installed in under an hour, and it pressurized without issue immediately. This also has all new lines that fit into this updated kit. Took it into the dealer to update the computer (required) as well as a height calibration (more on that in a bit) for around $150. Most of these kits do come with an updated 70A relay, and you should also check the fuse while you are under the hood. D. Tons of info online about why your D3 drops on just one corner(s) and how to diagnose a leak vs compressor vs valve blocks, etc. 3. Now, the LR3 was leaning heavily (3/4") to the passenger side and causing uneven tire wear. Research showed that many folks have this issue and there isn't much on the way of verified fixes. Some even said dealers claimed this was within factory tolerances....which amazes me as it eats tires this way. The dealer had a tough time leveling the truck with height calibration, and it didn't last more than one day. Since the dealer had such a rough time with calibration, I figured it could be the height sensors. I found a great deal on all four corners for $125 shipped (genuine in box) on eBay. This was cheaper than buying one at a time and hoping to fix the lean. Bingo...after install (did fronts without removing wheels, rears I removed wheels) which took less than 45 minutes for all four, truck self leveled to within 1/8". Solved. Just wanted to throw this out there as these trucks all behave the same it appears! With all this "maintenance" work, I should just dump this truck but it is such a competent family off roader, I just keep wrenching on it. Now to fix the Electronic Parking Brake fault. Just did all brakes and parking brake shoes/hardware. Tried to set to bed mode and got the fault. There is a link on disco3 about prying open the EPB actuator above the rear diff and un-jamming and greasing a thingamabob....Yikes.
I guess I am lucky, rebuilt the old hitachi compressor for both a LR3 and a RRS from kit purchased from eBay for around $80.00 It's been holding up for more than a year now. I just changed the front air struts on the RRS about 4 months ago. I could hear squealing nose from the front end whenever I went over bumps prior to replacing. The drier/desiccant can actually be reused after you empty out the desiccant and put it in an oven until it turns pink, just need to clean and blow out the cotton filter.
Old August 26th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Land Rover Daddy
Carl Pollard
1988 Defender 110 - FFR

I have some FFR parts I'd like to part with
Battery box & much of the associated wiring
fender stiffeners out of my 110

Not sure if anyone would want this stuff, but I hate to waste anything...

Daddy: "I'm going to check the load on the roof rack, I don't want anything to fly off at a high rate of speed."

Old August 26th, 2016, 03:38 PM
RoverPaisa
Abel
1988 40th Anniv. RRC Chamonix White

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Rover Daddy View Post
I have some FFR parts I'd like to part with
Battery box & much of the associated wiring
fender stiffeners out of my 110

Not sure if anyone would want this stuff, but I hate to waste anything...

Licked! Pending they fit a series 3. Does this go in the back for two seats?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website:

Abel DLT

Los Angeles, CA
Old August 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Land Rover Daddy
Carl Pollard
1988 Defender 110 - FFR

It goes in the back to house batteries and the radio equipment mounts up top.

Old August 26th, 2016, 03:54 PM
RoverPaisa
Abel
1988 40th Anniv. RRC Chamonix White

Registry
I will pass.. Thanks for the offer it will not leave much room for my plans.

My Website:

Abel DLT

Los Angeles, CA
Old August 27th, 2016, 03:17 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
I might be interfere in the stiffness. How long are they and are they steel or aluminum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts