Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old March 14th, 2013, 12:44 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Any chance I can get somewhere in line for this if it's not spoken for? I've got an SG bumper (as seen in my avatar), and my plate suffered "iceberg damage" (also seen in the avatar : ) last time I waded through a frozen lake .
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2013, 01:15 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

SG bumper

Jason,
Can I get a few pics of your bumper whenever you get around to it? I just installed one on my truck. Mine is very tight to the body which makes it have great approach angles. I bought mine for about $225 (believe me it was only worth that much). Spent 10 hours grinding all of the crap that was welded on it included a piece of steel over the winch hole and welded light grids, then another 280 at a machine shop to fix the crap that I couldn't do and install a new winch plate, then another 140 to get it powder coated. Boy did I get myself into a real deal. LOL. Anyone I haven't seen an other SGs up front so I just want to compare mine. It has an offset winch line hole so you can run a CA license plate up front which I am happy with as I was running without a front tag for a number of years.
Clay
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:20 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
Jason,
Can I get a few pics of your bumper whenever you get around to it? I just installed one on my truck. Mine is very tight to the body which makes it have great approach angles. I bought mine for about $225 (believe me it was only worth that much). Spent 10 hours grinding all of the crap that was welded on it included a piece of steel over the winch hole and welded light grids, then another 280 at a machine shop to fix the crap that I couldn't do and install a new winch plate, then another 140 to get it powder coated. Boy did I get myself into a real deal. LOL. Anyone I haven't seen an other SGs up front so I just want to compare mine. It has an offset winch line hole so you can run a CA license plate up front which I am happy with as I was running without a front tag for a number of years.
Clay
Absolutely, I know I've got your email address somewhere but pm it to me just in car and I'll snap some pics this weekend.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
Quote:
Jason,
Clay
Clay, let me know if you need more photos. I had to cut the front part of the frame in order to mount the bumper. I will clean it up with a grinder since we used a torch to cut it quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1021[1].jpg
Views:	68
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	68108   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1023[1].jpg
Views:	69
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	68109  

Name:	100_1017[1].jpg
Views:	61
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	68110  
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
Sal text me just after SCRUBS. Its going to NJ.
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:12 AM
ROVERMAN1
Freddie
83 110 & 1993 NAS 110 1997 XD

I was second in line and licked......Hummm, so much for playing By the rules........
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:02 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVERMAN1 View Post
I was second in line and licked......Hummm, so much for playing By the rules........
sounds like Sal sent him a message before you put yourself second in line. I believe it, too...Sal has a spidey sense for parts coming up for sale.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:03 AM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
sounds like Sal sent him a message before you put yourself second in line. I believe it, too...Sal has a spidey sense for parts coming up for sale.

Joshua is right. Sal text me right after SCRUBS. Sorry.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:54 AM
ROVERMAN1
Freddie
83 110 & 1993 NAS 110 1997 XD

No problem :0)
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

I should also have posted that I was getting in line so if this came across as not a joke than I apologize on my wording as I was trying to be funny. I think it was taken that way but I didn't know Henery was new so sorry Henery I hope it didn't deter you from future purchases.
Quote:
screw "could be" are you guys licking this thing. If not licked, pissed on, drooled on.
------ Follow up post added March 14th, 2013 12:10 PM ------

Fred,
Thank you for posting the pics. I thought it might be weird to have to cut the frame. I was able just to grind the outer bowed out little piece of metal going between the frame and the jackmount to get the bumper on. And since I had to do a lot of modding on it, I did have any clue what was the stock configuration for the bumper. Muchos Gracias

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
Clay, let me know if you need more photos. I had to cut the front part of the frame in order to mount the bumper. I will clean it up with a grinder since we used a torch to cut it quickly.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:50 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
Joshua is right. Sal text me right after SCRUBS. Sorry.
Can we at least assume that Sal actually HAS an SG bumper ?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 15th, 2013, 07:46 PM
budzny
Real4X4
NAS 97 ST/NAS 93 110/62
Birthday Committee Team

Guys, I actually have two SG bumpers that I purchased since 05. One is like brand new and other one needs powdercoating to make it perfect. Talking about hoarding, Im nothing compared to Master Ron B! but Im allowed to have parts in the living room during snowstorm!

Sal

------ Follow up post added March 15th, 2013 07:50 PM ------

New SS cat converter, muffler and power steering box in the living room!

Sal
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:53 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Let the record show that I was being sarcastic in my prior response....hence the smiley face. I'm fairly certain Sal has more Rovers than I do.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 15th, 2013, 07:54 PM
budzny
Real4X4
NAS 97 ST/NAS 93 110/62
Birthday Committee Team

Here we go!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	68193  
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM
budzny
Real4X4
NAS 97 ST/NAS 93 110/62
Birthday Committee Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Let the record show that I was being sarcastic in my prior response....hence the smiley face. I'm fairly certain Sal has more Rovers than I do.
No worries!

Sal

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts