FOR SALE - Set of Used Oil Cooler hoses / window studs - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old August 29th, 2005, 03:19 PM
eric_besore
Eric Besore

FOR SALE - Set of Used Oil Cooler hoses / window studs

OIL COOLER HOSES
I just ordered a set of new Oil Cooler hoses from roverconnection.com, and so I will have a set of used oil cooler hoses off my D90 (NAS 1995 3.9) if anyone is interested in them. They are the OEM hoses, look fine, but with all the recent talk of engine fires I thought it would be prudent to replace them. Just to be clear THESE ARE FOR REBUILDING - I am definately not recommending anyone use them as is, the fittings on them can be connected to new hose, renewing them.

I am thinking $50 (reduced them down from $75 original asking) for the pair plus a few bucks for shipping, and of course I can put up photos of them in situ. I have read that some people are taking the old ones and putting new hose on them, reusing the ends which apparently are a difficult to obtain thread pattern.

I won't have them out for a week or so, as I have to wait for the new lines to arrive and install them.

If anyone is interested let me know. eric_besore@yahoo.com.

WINDOW STUDS
I also have a set of 4 oem window studs/sleeves for the softtop removable windows, a little corrosion but can be cleaned up. I can provide some pics of these two. Maybe $30 plus shipping.

Follow-up Post:

bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2005, 09:12 PM
eric_besore
Eric Besore

bump
Old August 30th, 2005, 03:06 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Please dont sell used oil hoses - its just not the right part to install used. Either rebuild them and sell them that way, or just get rid of them. I gave away my set for someone to rebuild - enough Rover people have been good to me, so I figured I could spread some good karma. Similarly, I would hate for someone's truck to catch fire while running some used unrebuild hoses they got from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 30th, 2005, 04:51 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

It think it is ok, I would consider them as cores to rebuild and then swap with my old ones if I did not have new ones. I mean it is nice to give away and $75 is a bit much but it is still ok to sell.
Old August 30th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

75 $ for used oil lines! WOW what a deal! I have mine to sell to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill take 65$ or 55$ Or what ever! hell for 75 I might throw in the little clamp that holds them together!!!!! For 85 I will include the sand plate!!!!
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:09 PM
eric_besore
Eric Besore

Yeah, okay $50 for the pair. And yes, they are used, so I wouldn't recommend installing them as is, I am just offering them up in case someone wants to rebuild them. They are $100 each OEM brand new, so I didn't think $75 for the pair was all that much to ask for. I just shelled out $250 for new ones so I am just trying to recover some of the cost, and rather than throw them away, maybe like I said before, someone can rebuild them.

If you don't want them that is fine, but don't complain that I am selling... last I checked it was still a free country.

And if others of you have used lines, maybe you should consider sellign them so others can rebuild theirs with no hoses, there is an entire thread dedicated to the idea of this, and if you aren't using the old ones, why not sell them so someone can use them to rebuild? I don't see why that is so bad.

Eric
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

don't be sore! you are correct it is a free country. grow some skin or put a band aid on it.
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:54 PM
eric_besore
Eric Besore

grow up Bowtracer....

Bowtracer,

You a real funny guy. I have never heard that one before. I think you shouldn't waste your time on a thread complaining that someone is selling somehting someone else might find useful - if you are intersted don't bother posting - or making fun of my last name. If I am asking too much money, then no one will pay.

By the way, what are you like 3 years old?

I have read other people are looking to reuse the fittings on the old hoses, so I am just seeing if anyone else wants them.
Old August 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

- if you are intersted don't bother posting -
well you are sore! you can't handle getting crap for selling a part that causes peoples rovers to burn!
are you sure the hard to find fittings are the ones you are selling? i think if you read most of the posts on oil lines you would read that people with extras pass them for rebuild. the great part of this board is the giving that takes place! not ripping somone off!!
whats up with bumping your own post after a day?

again free country! your words!

i should have not made refrence to your name! for that i am truely sorry. as for the rest NO!
Old August 30th, 2005, 04:18 PM
eric_besore
Eric Besore

Still for sale two USED oil cooler lines, intended to be rebuilt with new hoses on the existing fittings,
--$50 for the pair.

Yes they are for sale, not free, which apparently is evil. This thread is titled "For sale - parts," last I checked.
Old August 31st, 2005, 02:18 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Fair enough to sell used parts, but for 75 I assumed you were advertising them as "good" (which they of course are right now). I'll admit I gave away oil lines which had already failed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
window