For Sale: Magnaflow Y-pipe - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old July 8th, 2014, 01:52 PM
defender1844
Status: Offline
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 576
For Sale: Magnaflow Y-pipe

I bought my truck in November from Oklahoma and it had straight pipes on it. I had to get something to pass inspection so I bought the Magnaflow knowing I was going to do something custom within the next few months. So the y-pipe only has about 2000 miles on it. I've now got a 4.6 with ported and polished heads and a crower cam. I'm addressing the exhaust this week and having long tube headers installed. The y-pipe is not compatible with the headers and I'm going with larger diameter cats so it didn't make sense to cut the cats out of the y-pipe. So it's for sale with very low mileage. I'm asking $300 plus shipping and I can have it shipped out by the end of the week.

Mit
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old July 8th, 2014, 02:05 PM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by defender1844 View Post
I bought my truck in November from Oklahoma and it had straight pipes on it. I had to get something to pass inspection so I bought the Magnaflow knowing I was going to do something custom within the next few months. So the y-pipe only has about 2000 miles on it. I've now got a 4.6 with ported and polished heads and a crower cam. I'm addressing the exhaust this week and having long tube headers installed. The y-pipe is not compatible with the headers and I'm going with larger diameter cats so it didn't make sense to cut the cats out of the y-pipe. So it's for sale with very low mileage. I'm asking $300 plus shipping and I can have it shipped out by the end of the week.

Mit
Interested. PM sent.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 8th, 2014, 02:27 PM
61rover's Avatar
61rover
Status: Offline
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,116
Registry
Also interested.....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old July 8th, 2014, 02:45 PM
defender1844
Status: Offline
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 576
sold and paid for. This is the best site on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:17 PM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
Always fun when a large box is waiting for you at home. The y-pipe is better than described. Thanks for the transaction.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:25 PM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Online
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 8,748
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Always fun when a large box is waiting for you at home. The y-pipe is better than described. Thanks for the transaction.
So when are we selling me your old one ?
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:36 PM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
$100 donation and it is yours (the amount I donated to Charles). No dents, looks good, performs great. Smog check results to back that up. It was picked from his D1 parts car. No idea on the milage. Swapping b/c I liked the sound of the Magnaflow cats from my prior y-pipe which 75% of it is now on Huff's rig.
Damn, parts move around..... And to think Pedro is not involved. Is that even possible?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:39 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,692
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
$100 donation and it is yours (the amount I donated to Charles). No dents, looks good, performs great. Smog check results to back that up. It was picked from his D1 parts car. No idea on the milage. Swapping b/c I liked the sound of the Magnaflow cats from my prior y-pipe which 75% of it is now on Huff's rig.
Damn, parts move around..... And to think Pedro is not involved. Is that even possible?
When I say something I meant it. I haven't bought Rover parts since Conclave 2013
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 16th, 2014, 06:46 PM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
Buying? I was implying as the Sherpa.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 16th, 2014, 07:39 PM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Online
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 8,748
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
$100 donation and it is yours (the amount I donated to Charles). No dents, looks good, performs great. Smog check results to back that up. It was picked from his D1 parts car. No idea on the milage. Swapping b/c I liked the sound of the Magnaflow cats from my prior y-pipe which 75% of it is now on Huff's rig.
Damn, parts move around..... And to think Pedro is not involved. Is that even possible?
Done deal!
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:54 PM
cgalpin's Avatar
cgalpin
Status: Offline
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 11,625
Registry
Wait doesn't Jeff need this?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
I'm here for the D's
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 16th, 2014, 10:18 PM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Online
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 8,748
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Wait doesn't Jeff need this?
Bingo; it's his! Full circle.
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 16th, 2014, 10:22 PM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
Seeing Lav's post, guess it is now heading to Huff's!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 16th, 2014, 10:32 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,692
Registry
And you asshats have the balls to mention me in this... the nerves.
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 9th, 2014, 04:22 PM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
Comparing OEM to the Magnaflow, the aftermarket uses larger diameter pipes and maintains the full diameter through the bends. Nice product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2866538463.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	569.6 KB
ID:	100447  
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 9th, 2014, 06:14 PM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
High and tight with plenty of clearance to the frame and tunnel. Sort of stands out given everything else is covered in mud...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2724520033.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	527.0 KB
ID:	100452   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1049405877.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	576.6 KB
ID:	100453  

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old May 28th, 2015, 09:45 PM
WeBeCinYa's Avatar
WeBeCinYa
Status: Offline
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 2,388
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
High and tight with plenty of clearance to the frame and tunnel. Sort of stands out given everything else is covered in mud...
Russell-I am about to buy this exact Y section for my 94. Did you swap yours out yourself? How is the sound compared to stock pipe? You got a hell of a deal, I am about to drop 573+tax.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 28th, 2015, 10:02 PM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
Yes. Easy install and swapped in a loaner y-pipe a year earlier. 45 minutes tops. Don't even need to jack up the D.
Throatier sound for sure. No resonating. I like it and would select the same again.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 29th, 2015, 10:20 AM
WeBeCinYa's Avatar
WeBeCinYa
Status: Offline
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 2,388
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Yes. Easy install and swapped in a loaner y-pipe a year earlier. 45 minutes tops. Don't even need to jack up the D.
Throatier sound for sure. No resonating. I like it and would select the same again.
Thank for the info. Just placed my order. Can't wait to get that can of marbles removed godamighty.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
for sale

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Magnaflow Y-pipe for 94/95 bradfordish Wanted 5 April 3rd, 2014 09:59 AM
headman headers and magnaflow y-pipe defender1844 Defender Technical Discussions 7 March 30th, 2014 02:49 PM
Magnaflow Y-pipe ? jorge Defender Technical Discussions 11 April 25th, 2010 12:15 AM
Coming Soon, SS Y-pipe + Off Road Pipe Trailhead 4x4 The Vendors Loft 39 September 30th, 2009 09:02 PM
Is a NAS 110 Y-pipe the same as a 1995 D90 NAS Y-pipe evilfij Defender Technical Discussions 5 February 12th, 2009 06:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Copyright