Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old January 21st, 2013, 04:03 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
I'm not positive what these parts are worth but was hoping to get about 1K for everything. Let me know if that is out of line. I'm not a Rover guy, I'm a Cruiser guy. The top and cage is my fathers, he swapped to a hard top and no longer needs this stuff.
If we are to look out for each other, as many have said/implied, then shouldn't the very people that jumped on this purchase said in their PMs "dude, this is worth $4k, but lets work out a price that is fair to both of us." Perhaps they did.

Let the guy sell it on eBay without the grief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Along these lines, Would it be bad form if I listed my SW cage on eBay instead of offering it on here first?
Old January 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I already said I'd buy your SW cage for $100, so technically it's already mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2013, 08:40 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

never mind
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:49 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
never mind
I just wasted 10 minutes looking at the pics?
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:03 PM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72
Land Rover Defender 90 2.5td

Registry
I really need this cage. I'm tired of looking like a mobile zoo. It's on eBay @ $1650. I have to think about cutting the wall behind my seats, shipping it to NYC, setting it up, and then selling my zoo cage. I'm not sure if it's worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...90056b&vxp=mtr
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by couga861900
I really need this cage. I'm tired of looking like a mobile zoo. It's on eBay @ $1650. I have to think about cutting the wall behind my seats, shipping it to NYC, setting it up, and then selling my zoo cage. I'm not sure if it's worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...90056b&vxp=mtr
You should keep your current cage and add this one on the inside.
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
You should keep your current cage and add this one on the inside.
I second this - you can never be "too" safe.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 21st, 2013, 09:48 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind

Especially in Park Slope! You never know when a hipster with an ironic mustache is going to jump out in front of your rig causing you to swerve, causing you to roll on your side.

Glad you quoted me. I think coug has me blocked!
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:55 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Especially in Park Slope! You never know when a hipster with an ironic mustache is going to jump out in front of your rig causing you to swerve, causing you to roll on your side.

Glad you quoted me. I think coug has me blocked!
That's the continuous plan!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 21st, 2013, 10:00 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Dear god, I'm dying from laughter.. jesus.. just these last four posts.. are killing me..
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:08 PM
Mace
Jason Mace

I'm beginning to like you guys lol
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:08 PM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72
Land Rover Defender 90 2.5td

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
That's the continuous plan!
Both roll cages would never work. It simply would not fit. the front part of the cage would be the problem. Plus, I would really look like a mobile zoo. To much cages.

I think the hipster would be on a funny looking skateboard. You know the extra long ones that looks like a surfboard.
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:09 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I can picture the hipsters loving the irony of a soft top cage under a hard top cage. That and those Chinese boost wheels really make for a statement.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:00 AM
RobTheGob
Rob
1963 IIa 88 & 1995 NAS D-90 SW

Registry
I realize that this is just one small corner of the internet and that in most cases the idea here is that enthusiasts are selling/buying with other enthusiasts, but lets face it: "an offer to sell is not a contract".

Apparently - if he had sold the setup for $1000, someone would have either got an incredible deal or simply flipped it and made a ton...

Given the huge discrepancy - I don't blame the OP for backing out and respect him for being so forthright with his intentions, once he realized how far off his asking price was.
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:21 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
$2,650 hammer price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...torefresh=true

It sat at $2,524.99 for nearly a week, then jumped $125.01 in the final half second.
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
$2,650 hammer price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...torefresh=true

It sat at $2,524.99 for nearly a week, then jumped $125.01 in the final half second.
I think people from the board would have paid close to that to be honest (if given the chance).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 28th, 2013, 03:25 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

It probably sold to someone from the board.
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:50 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
I was surprised by how much Mace focused almost all of his description and pictures on eBay on the Tickford soft top, even after the "feeler" here showed that clearly no one even cared about the soft top. Most here just saw that top as a freebie with the cage, yet in the ad there are only 7 pics of the cage, and like 17 of the Tickford top in various states of being drenched by a hose. 2 paragraphs dedicated to the holes in the Tickford, and one on the cage. If you're going to have a feeler here, at least listen to the feedback, right?

I couldn't even tell some of the cage pieces. Like were the longitudinal bars included? And the uprights for the rear C pillar are two different pieces in 1994 I believe, but I could only see the bottom-most portion in the eBay ad (the section that the logitudinal bars attach to appear to not be there). Couldn't really tell though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay Ad Mace
I have a factory soft top for a 1994 D90. The top is in good condition, but two of the zippers need to be repaired (one rear window and one DS window) The windows have been replaced and are in good condition, but one managed to get a small hole in it from being folded and stored. There is also a missing snap on the Drivers Side top of the soft top. Honestly, why there are snaps on the top of the soft top I have no idea.

The rear cage is the B pillar back. I do not have the front portion that goes around the windshield. I have the frame tie-ins and the mount that goes from side to side behind the front seats. I do not have all of the bolts unfortunately. I believe that there are some B pillar supports for a hard top cage in there as well. You can see the cage parts in the pics.

I pretty much have what you see. If you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Also included is a full length bikini top. This is one of the ones that goes all the way over the back seat and is designed for the stock cage.

Additional pictures
http://s169.beta.photobucket.com/use...d%20soft%20top

I'd prefer local pickup, but will ship if the buyer pays and sets up the shipping method. If I do ship, it's not going to be to a third party Uganda addy US only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roll cage Mace for sale.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	65375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roll_cage_parts.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	65376  

Old January 28th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Mace
Jason Mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I was surprised by how much Mace focused almost all of his description and pictures on eBay on the Tickford soft top, even after the "feeler" here showed that clearly no one even cared about the soft top. Most here just saw that top as a freebie with the cage, yet in the ad there are only 7 pics of the cage, and like 17 of the Tickford top in various states of being drenched by a hose. 2 paragraphs dedicated to the holes in the Tickford, and one on the cage. If you're going to have a feeler here, at least listen to the feedback, right?

I couldn't even tell some of the cage pieces. Like were the longitudinal bars included? And the uprights for the rear C pillar are two different pieces in 1994 I believe, but I could only see the bottom-most portion in the eBay ad (the section that the logitudinal bars attach to appear to not be there). Couldn't really tell though.

It was someone from the board and I believe he is going to use it for his own truck. Which is cool

I'm not positive why, but there are not any longitudinal bars from my dad's truck. Donno if it was right on the end of the production run or what. But it did not have them.

The C pillar supports are on there. But I do not think that the under body parts are there. I would assume that the B and C pillar underbody supports are still on his Rover. It's been a while since I added the new cage and did the hard top conversion.

Can you even remove that B pillar underbody support without pulling the body? The rover is currently in Wisconsin and obviously I'm in Vegas. So I can't go look at it right now.

As for the pics, I would have taken a ton more of anything, but nobody asked me any real questions about the cage so I didn't.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
1994, 90, ac, cage, d90, factory, soft top, top