Fabricor Trail Rack & Basket - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old September 5th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Seriesman
Michael Elliott
1997 D-90 Hardtop (#2369)

Fabricor Trail Rack & Basket

I have one of the later model Fabricor rear swing away racks and basket for sale. The rack holds one tire, two jerry cans (water or gas), and a high lift jack. I also have the matching removable basket that can be attached to the top to add extra storage space. I used this on my 1973 Series 3, but have been advised by British Pacific that it will also fit a Defender. If you want to run it on a Defender I think most likely you would have to remove the factory NAS tow hitch/bumper assembly, but if you are creative and can weld/fabricate parts you might be able to use both at the same time. I am not sure at this point, but it is something to consider.

Both parts are in good shape and have been painted silver. I also have two spare bushings for the swing away assembly, which is fitted with a grease zerk that works and in my experience did not rattle at all. Often times I need to use my Series 3 as a "truck" with the tailgate down while driving, thus the rack is no longer on the truck.

$150 for both pieces. I would prefer a local sale as this thing is pretty heavy. Shippment would most certainly require truck shipping by Menlo or some other similar carrier.

Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0010.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1408   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0013.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1409  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0011.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1410   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0012.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1411  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2004, 12:26 AM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

Hi, I might be interested. How much modification needs to be done to the truck to make this fit? Do you have any pics with this on the truck? Thanks..
Old September 6th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Seriesman
Michael Elliott

Sold to Ed in SF. Thanks D-90.com. My wife loves you guys.....Pretty soon my yard will stop looking like a junk yard.

Now if I can just get rid of those factory D-90 side steps...did you get my follow up e-mail on that Jason?

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2004, 05:13 PM
javelinadave
-
-

You know your are a true LR owner when your friends start to whistle the theme from Sanford & Son when they look at your yard or garage.
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:44 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I got to say, Ed got a great deal there! These things were way more expensive when they were still being made and damn near impossible to assemble providing you were lucky enough to get all the right parts or directions.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old September 7th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Seriesman
Michael Elliott

Thumbs up

Chris,

I hear you...and I even agreed to deliver the damn thing.... It is in nice shape, complete with all parts including extra bushings, and does not rattle.

No problem though as long as it goes to a good home and gets used. I hate having things all over the place that are not getting used and I know that there is no way I will ever use the rack again given the way I use the Series truck.

Now, if I can just get someone to call me back on the side steps (only $50 in LA...Wicks where are you?!?!!? ), then I will have the yard completely empty of all Rover and Jeep parts and my wife will give me the roller back for my MillerMatic....

Michael
Old September 7th, 2004, 02:33 AM
EdHsu
Ed Hsu

Yes, I can’t resist a great deal. I guess I just got real lucky. Besides, Michael was such a great guy to deal with. Thanks D-90 and Michael.
Old September 7th, 2004, 04:38 AM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

OK, I'll take the side steps since I missed the trail rack. I can pick it up this week - drop me an email to let me know when you are going to be around...
Old September 8th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Seriesman
Michael Elliott

Jason,

Again, please accept my apology. I wish I had two sets... I sent you an e-mail on the rust/fabrication issues.

Michael

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ac, rack