Extended rear shock mounts - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Closed Thread

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Ok, I have to make a set for a buddy so I figured I would do a run of ten to make a little extra cash. Not sure who the manufacture is but they came with my used safari guard stage three suspension. So I am assuming they are old safari guard ones. Anyway if your interested I am asking $200 a set shipped. If your interested please let me know and when I get ten orders ill knock them out. These relocated the shock position to run long travel shocks and I believe it helps with lateral travel as well. Application are for D90's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-868705225.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	573.2 KB
ID:	73247   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4233247875.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	73248  

Old May 28th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

So I have three sets, if anyone doesn't want powder coat Ill do them for $170 shipped. You just have to do your own finish.
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Why are your shocks upside down

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
If they are Australian OME's (which they are not) that would be the right way up.

http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/html/faq.html#10

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

I installed them the way Bilstein has you install? Letters so you can read them? By the way did you get the message I left you today Joel?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1048119181.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	590.8 KB
ID:	73302  
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:25 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I thought they were 7100s. Your undercoating didn't last long

I got your message, were you calling me on behalf of Larry?
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:37 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
My shocks mount the same way FWIW. It's actually smart if you think about it. Put the chromed shaft up out of the way from stones and debris.

Joel, did you ever get my PM on the driveshaft?
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

Quote:
I thought they were 7100s. Your undercoating didn't last long

I got your message, were you calling me on behalf of Larry?
Ok, Joel you and I need to take a step back. Larry hates you as much as you hate him, and let me tell you that he would never support you or your business in any way! I have no issues with you when your not being an asshole, you are actually a pretty good guy. I don't know why you keep gunning at me? Insulting me and my work? The bed liner is holding up great its just mud, and i know how to install a shock or two. I support local small business's and you are convenient to me, if you have an issue with me bc I work with Larry I am sorry but I am not going to stop working with him bc you don't like him? If you don't want to sell me stuff bc I work with him let me know and I will find my shit else where. The parts I am calling you about are for my buddies 04 d2 he is trying to sell and needs to replace a couple things and I figured you where my best bet! What's up dude what did I do to you for you to be such a cock sucker to me? I try I go out of my way for anyone, I even drove parts that you sold to Maryland for you? What's up man? If I did something Let me know?
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:06 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
My shocks mount the same way FWIW. It's actually smart if you think about it. Put the chromed shaft up out of the way from stones and debris.

Joel, did you ever get my PM on the driveshaft?
I did not get a PM re: driveshaft. I am used to seeing 5100 with the boot on them, thats what is missing here, and made me think maybe I was looking at an upside down 7100 LOL
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:34 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
Ok, Joel you and I need to take a step back. Larry hates you as much as you hate him, and let me tell you that he would never support you or your business in any way! I have no issues with you when your not being an asshole, you are actually a pretty good guy. I don't know why you keep gunning at me? Insulting me and my work? The bed liner is holding up great its just mud, and i know how to install a shock or two. I support local small business's and you are convenient to me, if you have an issue with me bc I work with Larry I am sorry but I am not going to stop working with him bc you don't like him? If you don't want to sell me stuff bc I work with him let me know and I will find my shit else where. The parts I am calling you about are for my buddies 04 d2 he is trying to sell and needs to replace a couple things and I figured you where my best bet! What's up dude what did I do to you for you to be such a cock sucker to me? I try I go out of my way for anyone, I even drove parts that you sold to Maryland for you? What's up man? If I did something Let me know?
Wow. First off, I wasn't attacking your work Brian, it was a simple question, sorry if my comments about the shock or the undercoating came across a little dry, you don't know me that well and I can see how you might take offense.
I just wanted to make it clear that I don't deal with Larry, or his associates. If you have chosen to continue your association with him- please don't waste your time calling me for parts. If "your buddy" needs something, then feel free to pass my number along to your buddy. Larry has a long history of having his buddies call me because he knows that I refuse to deal with him. Hang around him long enough and you will find out why. He is a liar and a thief, plain and simple, and just about everyone in the Land Rover community knows it by now. The ones who don't know it yet, it is only a matter of time.
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
who is Larry? ....
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:52 AM
ROVERMAN1
Freddie
83 110 & 1993 NAS 110 1997 XD

Who is this Larry???????? I want to know as well!!!!
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Trooper90
John Capps
1986 ninety

Sooo....This thread took a turn....
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

Quote:

Wow. First off, I wasn't attacking your work Brian, it was a simple question, sorry if my comments about the shock or the undercoating came across a little dry, you don't know me that well and I can see how you might take offense.
I just wanted to make it clear that I don't deal with Larry, or his associates. If you have chosen to continue your association with him- please don't waste your time calling me for parts. If "your buddy" needs something, then feel free to pass my number along to your buddy.
10-4 sounds like a solid business plan! Larry has treated me a hell of a lot better then you ever have! Anyway good luck, if my cash isn't good enough for you then do you really think I'm going to send my buddies to you? What's your issue dude? Grow up! SMH I don't understand why it has to be this way? Anyway thanks for highjacking my thread! And by the way you where an ass to me way before I ever met Larry! Good luck!
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:11 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVERMAN1 View Post
Who is this Larry???????? I want to know as well!!!!
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/members/roverbuild-8619.html

http://british4x4.us/about-us

AVOID at all costs, unless you like not getting your vehicle fixed, having parts stolen off your vehicle, or you enjoy picking it up with an empty gas tank. Ill leave it at that.

------ Follow up post added May 29th, 2013 10:11 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
10-4 sounds like a solid business plan
You are correct, I am saying that I refuse to do business with a crook. You work for the crook. Guilt by association. What it boils down to is, I would rather be thought of as an honest asshole than an accomplice to a likeable crook. How about you?

The funny thing is Brian, it was when we were sitting around the campfire at Uwharrie last fall and you announced that you were going to flat out copy the parts that were being sold by RTE and HLC Fab and sell them for less that I lost a lot of respect for you, but I let it slide and I gave you a fair shot. Once again I should have gone with my first instinct I guess. Have a nice day.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

The funny thing is Brian, it was when we were sitting around the campfire at Uwharrie last fall and you announced that you were going to flat out copy the parts that were being sold by RTE and HLC Fab and sell them for less that I lost a lot of respect for you, but I let it slide and I gave you a fair shot. Once again I should have gone with my first instinct I guess. Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

Since our little camp fire which I vaguely remember bc I was so intrigued by your RTE an my bourbon that everyone seemed to enjoy! I upgraded my last safari's company by spending a few hours with Bill! You know the guy that owns and runs RTE discussing how to improve my products, along with a few conversations with Wolf and other fabricators. You took what I said out of context, an you are trying I belittle me on the forum! Why don't you stop twittling your dick an go back to work, and leave my shit alone! Oh by the way I am up to six ppl who want these hoops! You want a set? If not go bother some one else who gives a shit! It's funny cause you and I work out of our garages yet Larry owns a 6000 sqft shop with a wait list and has been in business for over 12 years and has more then one financial backer, along with being financially invested in RTE! I get most of my work through him on referrals! The best part is we don't talk shit about anyone else! We worry about ourselves and our customers, I'm sure Larry has pissed off just as many ppl as you have! It comes with the territory of owning a thriving business! At the last Uwharrie I personally sauté you out to say hi bc I did not want any ill will bc of Larry, but you where to busy getting stoned in you tent like a fucking teenager!

------ Follow up post added May 29th, 2013 10:51 AM ------

Could some one delete this Fucking thread please
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Oh I've pissed of my customers? Really? Any disgruntled customers of mine out there? How about satisfied customers? If you are wondering how I could just call your buddy out like this its because I have nothing to hide.

I didn't even have a tent at Uwharrie! LOL
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

Quote:
Oh I've pissed of my customers? Really? Any disgruntled customers of mine out there? How about satisfied customers? If you are wondering how I could just call your buddy out like this its because I have nothing to hide.

I didn't even have a tent at Uwharrie! LOL
How many think your an ass hole! It's funny bc I have had more then one person pm me saying your a Dick!
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:58 AM
seventyfive
mike
'99D2, '03D2

matt hines and i were also around the campfire when you said your end goal was to copy other manufacturers and under cut them.
even i, of all people, was speechless. yes we enjoyed your company and liquor...but not that comment.

this is a small community. if your intentions have changed, then good luck with your endeavors, otherwise that was not a smart comment to make...especially at uwharrie.
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
seventyfive
mike
'99D2, '03D2

are those mounts DOM? how is the bolt secured in the tube? with a cantilevered set up like that you may see some bending.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts