Dual battery controller - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old March 3rd, 2016, 06:54 PM
cascade90
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500

Dual battery controller

OK, I'm going to give this a try post pics and offer up. This Nat'l Luna controller is fairly new and worked well when I took out of my 90.
$100 for the set-up shipped to lower 48
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1777651202.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	542.2 KB
ID:	144135  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2016, 07:13 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Licked. Pm inbound

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old March 3rd, 2016, 07:21 PM
cascade90
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500

Man that went fast. Sold to gpete sorry guys. He went with it first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:15 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Whoever gets this.....I will happily give them mine as a spare!! You're going to need it. (It's either Luna or David Dearborn's fault....but I had to have mine yanked out.)
Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:23 PM
cascade90
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500

I find that odd, but that's ok. I ran that one for nearly 6 years without any issues. They are an electrical item and no two are the same. If I was going to continue running two batteries I would have continued using. I guess I'm just saying I had good luck.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:33 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
7 years without problems.. Freezing temperature .. Nothing but good thing to say about this product..

My 2cents.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:40 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverenvy View Post
Whoever gets this.....I will happily give them mine as a spare!! You're going to need it. (It's either Luna or David Dearborn's fault....but I had to have mine yanked out.)
I'll take it. I'll email you a shipping tag too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old March 4th, 2016, 07:12 AM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
If Wolf doesn't get it I sure want it as after 7 years without a hickup.. My chance could turn! Getiing a free national luna as a spare could give me another decade of trouble free split charging!
Old March 4th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
It's all yours Wolf. I'd love to contribute to your awesome build......but beware of the following.

To be honest, I don't know what's going on. It could have been a poor installation, a bad unit, a good mechanic that didn't understand the system?!?

ULC installed the system and the dual batteries. But the dual batteries were crap and had to be replaced in the first year, partially because the system wasn't running properly. Then I had EuroCar Werks here in Houston who put the truck back together correctly after the ULC debacle, couldn't get it to work after 3 tries.

When it was first installed, it worked fine for 6 months. But then ULC did more work and then the second battery and the system didn't work at all....from the moment I rescued it the second time. From that point it wouldn't work at all, then after Euro worked on the system it would switch on but on a delayed basis. Then it quit all together. Euro disavowed the system since they didn't install it, ULC went into bankruptcy after I won my cc dispute for 5 figures.

I finally had Euro yank it, and wire the batteries together. Now I've got a dedicated trickle charger......which is great since with all my new electronics they will drain the batteries if not run every 2-3 weeks. When I'm not driving it, I leave it plugged in and the batteries stay topped off. It doesn't solve the camping back up issue it was originally installed, but such is life.

I'll never use the unit I yanked out, even if I did decide to reinstall a battery management system. I know Nat Luna has a good reputation, its why I had it installed. It could very well be any of the above that's the problem, and I couldn't in good faith charge anyone for it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts