Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old December 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
taoseno
Todd Kendrick
1995 D90 #2206 Original Owner

Registry
Drop Curtain made by Art Vigil

I have an "Art Vigil" drop curtain for sale for $125 shipped CONUS. Does not work with Badger tonneau...........but will help keep you warm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001 (2).jpg
Views:	135
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	63345  
'95 D90 #2206
'66 109" P/U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2012, 04:05 PM
dbj2003
Brandon Jones
94 Defender 90 POE

I'll take it
Old December 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM
taoseno
Todd Kendrick

Registry
sent pm w/ paypal info...............
'95 D90 #2206
'66 109" P/U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2012, 05:10 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Can I get second in line as I wanted to have a few of these made.
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Rufus
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118

Registry
I have one of Art's drop curtains and they are sweet. I use it inside the ST or the fiberglass HT in the winter and it makes a big difference

D90 Yahoo Group member since 2001
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:05 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

drop curtain

Rufus,
I actually went ahead and put snaps on the one I had both upper and lower to make it have a better fit. I totally agree with it keeping the cabin warm. I aslo ran it using a best top bikini and a 94 tonneau (cheap version of the half cab set up) and it worked pretty well. I should have never let it go as I want one back. .
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
taoseno
Todd Kendrick

Registry
Sold.......thanks
'95 D90 #2206
'66 109" P/U
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Glad to hear these are still floating around.

Kind Regards,
Art
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:17 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

drop curtain

Art,
If you are ever going to do another run, I will take one. I modified yours when I got it by putting snaps down at the bottom and affixing male snap screws to the tub so I could get it to seal better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vigil View Post

Glad to hear these are still floating around.

Kind Regards,
Art
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
Art,
If you are ever going to do another run, I will take one. I modified yours when I got it by putting snaps down at the bottom and affixing male snap screws to the tub so I could get it to seal better.
Hi Clay! Hope you're doing well. I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. I'm preparing for a big move in a few months to England, so shipping might be a bit of a pain - ha ha!

Really though, If anyone wants to take one of these into an upholstery shop, I'm sure they'd be able to duplicate it easily.
I sold them for a few bucks more than it cost me to have them made, so don't plan on retiring from the profits.

Kind Regards,
Art Vigil
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

curtain

Art,
I hope your moves go well and that you still are on the forum and that you post pictures of really nice defenders in the U.K. so that we all are jealous. As far as profit on selling items I know exactly what you mean, the tire carriers, brake bars, and bumpers have a slim to none profit on them.
Clay.
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:32 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vigil View Post
Hi Clay! Hope you're doing well. I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. I'm preparing for a big move in a few months to England, so shipping might be a bit of a pain - ha ha!

Really though, If anyone wants to take one of these into an upholstery shop, I'm sure they'd be able to duplicate it easily.
I sold them for a few bucks more than it cost me to have them made, so don't plan on retiring from the profits.

Kind Regards,
Art Vigil
Art,

Do you have a pattern. I would be interested in making a run of these for the crowd. I have sewing and fabric welding capabilities. Also PM sent
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:00 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Thomas,
I am down for one dependent upon price (my budget would be $200 or less). The good thing with Art's design is you can run it while still having your full top on though I think there would be a little room for improvement on a tighter fit. Art went with the velcro straps as there was too much variation in where the snaps on the B pillars from LR ended up. I am glad you are trying to go in the route that Art was and not trying to compete with or use Chris' design safer that way as Chris has a great following on the board.
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:11 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Thomas,
I am down for one dependent upon price (my budget would be $200 or less). The good thing with Art's design is you can run it while still having your full top on though I think there would be a little room for improvement on a tighter fit. Art went with the velcro straps as there was too much variation in where the snaps on the B pillars from LR ended up. I am glad you are trying to go in the route that Art was and not trying to compete with or use Chris' design safer that way as Chris has a great following on the board.

Price would be inline with that. I am also thining of putting a little insulation in it...... I have had a lot of success making tarps with insulation and you would be surprised what a difference 1/4" of foam makes... somebody has to have one laying around...
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:37 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

The concern for me with the foam that if it gets wet, would the foam fall apart or create mold over a period of time. I would rather see a tighter fit to the B pillar than insulation. Even if you enclosed it with 2 pieces of Vinyl that is an extra step that raises production costs.

Another thing I noticed with Arts is that there are about 5 straps across the top, 5 hoop about 4 inches long and 5 loop apposite the hook. If you attemp to put the drop curtain on with your full top, you full top interferes with 3 of those straps so you have a gap between the top of the drop curtain and the B pillar. If you could have a double sided snap with on side being female to afix to the B pillar and the other side of the snap being male so that the top can snap that would cure the problem of not being able to use the snaps.
Just my 2 cents.
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:56 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
The concern for me with the foam that if it gets wet, would the foam fall apart or create mold over a period of time. I would rather see a tighter fit to the B pillar than insulation. Even if you enclosed it with 2 pieces of Vinyl that is an extra step that raises production costs.

Another thing I noticed with Arts is that there are about 5 straps across the top, 5 hoop about 4 inches long and 5 loop apposite the hook. If you attemp to put the drop curtain on with your full top, you full top interferes with 3 of those straps so you have a gap between the top of the drop curtain and the B pillar. If you could have a double sided snap with on side being female to afix to the B pillar and the other side of the snap being male so that the top can snap that would cure the problem of not being able to use the snaps.
Just my 2 cents.
I have experience making foam insulated ventilation ducts.... No mold, mildew or rot..... I guess having an RF welder comes in handy... It seems like there is demand. I have a sample en route. I will keep you posted.
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:09 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

curtain

Cool. You might one to make one with foam and with out and one without to see what the best sound insulation design would work (if any)as the cab of a ST 90 is noisyanyway and all the better of you can get some sound deadening. I have dynomated the doors, the seat box, the tub...but I am still stuck the wind noise from the 2 piece windows and noise from the top.
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:14 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Art,

Do you have a pattern. I would be interested in making a run of these for the crowd. I have sewing and fabric welding capabilities. Also PM sent
Sorry Tom, I don't have anything left. It'd be simple to make a pattern from a D90 as they weren't an exact fit and were attached with velco straps.
Good luck,
~Art
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Cool. You might one to make one with foam and with out and one without to see what the best sound insulation design would work (if any)as the cab of a ST 90 is noisyanyway and all the better of you can get some sound deadening. I have dynomated the doors, the seat box, the tub...but I am still stuck the wind noise from the 2 piece windows and noise from the top.

We have sound proofing foam here at work, I have it in 1/4" and 1/2". I will work with Josh on this very soon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts