Disco 200tdi transplant for RHD defender engine/trans/etc - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old October 7th, 2015, 08:27 PM
DailyDrivenDefende
Michael
1989 110, 1985 90 200TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
I don't think you are stupid. But I do think you are reading alot into others' messages that isn't really there. Like Pendy used to say, "Advice is only as good as the person applying it. Don't make me give you bad advice."
So, why do you feel dejected? Because the answers to your questions aren't what you want to hear?

LOL. Maybe I am. I simply "thought" some were implying that I am asking illegitimate questions which I am entitled to ask.

What question did I have? I asked for mileage for the engine. Do I feel dejected because the answers to my questions aren't what I wanted to hear? Let me ask you this, what did I want to hear? I asked for a mileage of the engine, a number, for everyone's reference.

Can we keep this as a for sale thread instead of turning this into my psycho therapy? Yes, I mean "you" who is reading this thread and getting ready to reply.

I love it when people get all heated up and feel the urge to chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2015, 10:33 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe View Post
If it's a 20 year old engine we should assume it has at least 200K miles
10k miles a year in a defender in the uk?

Come on.
Old October 7th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDrivenDefende View Post
I would want an engine with known mileage every time all the time if possible.

You are buying a used engine, you need every information possible to make a sound purchase.

Rings wear, bearings, turbo, cylinder wall... all that leads to blow bys aside from lack of power, diluting oil with fuel. Not a good combo for the engine and for the folk in the car when the engine decides to run away.

Back on the topic, I am shopping for an engine. Zak Moiser has one for sale $4700. I am tempted.
Then you should do that. Posting another fellows price (a known crook in fact) for an engine in a for sale thread is incredibly poor form, speaks volumes about who you are, and is totally contrary to forum rules. Perhaps you should read them.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2015, 01:10 AM
DailyDrivenDefende
Michael
1989 110, 1985 90 200TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Then you should do that. Posting another fellows price (a known crook in fact) for an engine in a for sale thread is incredibly poor form, speaks volumes about who you are, and is totally contrary to forum rules. Perhaps you should read them.
It was meant as a sarcasm or a joke as these engines are so far in between even that particular engine seemed attractive. If that broke any forum rules, I apologize. One more thing if it offended you or anyone else, I sincerely apologize.

That aside. It is amazing how some judge a person based on a couple of internet posts on a public forum. That "suggests" incredible amount of mannerism and speaks true "volumes" about his/her character. Judge a person because one should. Go ahead feel free to judge. I am a crook and the worst person in the world.

See what I mean by someone actually gets all emotional about someone's post and propels to judge someone's character? That post IS exactly what I meant.

Judge me all you want. I am actually entertained by that response. What did I ever do TO YOU to make you so upset that you would actually judge me? Do you get on all of your neighbor's domestic dispute and judge them because you rightfully can do so? Is this what you would call social justice?

Judge me and jump on me for I asked for a mileage on an engine.

You will be judged by some higher being you should be scared of for judging others.

BTW can we stop this incomprehensible irrational behavior and unexplained animosity toward a person asking for a mileage, as I have suggested in a previous post? Maybe that wasn't so clear to someone that s/he would actually read the forum rule and judge a person but won't read a peaceful resolution that was suggested?

I really wish we can abide by the forum rule and keep the posts clean, informative, and serve its purpose.

I seriously don't understand these nonstop barrage of random people who has nothing to do with sales of the engine posting here and talking down on another forum participant. Why?

One thing that never ceases to amaze me though, people are vicious and this is a prime example.

Mack, good talking to you on the phone. I am still working on the schedule to go visit you. Please let us keep in touch!
Old October 8th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I hadn't been on this forum for a week or so and saw this thread, have a customer who wants a 200 engine for his truck, and read it with interest.

Posting someone else's comparison sale by name and price in a for sale thread regardless of intent is always wrong, you shouldn't need anyone to tell you that. That is what the pm function is for between you and the seller.

The only judgement/emotion being reached is that you choose not to abide by the rules of the forum and behave in the manner outlined. This is a for sale thread, not someplace for you to post about your feelings of persecution, start another thread about that but don't post in his.

Please read the rules, expected etiquette is outlined. Typically if you were interested you would send the fellow a pm and take the conversation offline and have a conversation there about what you want to know outside of his ad.

If you have an issue with how someone responds to you that's what pm's or the alert icon in the upper right corner are for.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old October 15th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Still for sale
Old January 21st, 2016, 09:15 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Bump, still have this. I will let it go without the transfer case for $2700. I have the engine out of the truck and can post some more pics soon.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 01:29 AM
Raquen
Matthew
none

Bump. Still for sale?

local in the SF bay area. and have a RHD
Old January 22nd, 2016, 03:00 AM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Yes I have it, come on down.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 09:41 PM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

FWIW- I drove this truck at Macks a few months back and the engine felt and sounded quite good. If I had more space right now I'd buy it as a spare.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 04:32 AM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

FWIW, I am finishing up a Disco TDi into a LHD vehicle and have a complete parts list of what I used to do it (part no, source, and price). I did not go the 300TDi manifold route. Not saying my way was cheaper, just different.

I will pass this along if anyone would like to use it for a LHD truck.

GLWTS Mack!
Old January 30th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
It's out of the truck and going into the shed. Ready to be bolted into a rhd truck for an easy conversion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	140866  
Old January 30th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Front
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	140867  
Old January 31st, 2016, 08:25 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Wow, that brings back some memories. Looks exactly like what I started with. GLWTS.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1461364270.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	513.6 KB
ID:	140891  

Old February 11th, 2016, 01:08 AM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Bump
Old February 11th, 2016, 08:16 AM
wanabewheelin
Michael Sword
1989 110 200TDI, RHD

Registry
Hey Mack, reading back through your thread, did you have a chance to get new numbers with the engine cold and perhaps a video of it running before you pulled it? Just curious . . . GLWTS, great price!
Old February 11th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Yes I took a video I will have to try to find it, my phone was damaged and I lost all my pics and videos for a period of time. I didn't do the compression test but I can hook up a battery and try to do it.
Old April 9th, 2016, 12:23 AM
RAKinsler
Robert Kinsler
1986 Defender 110 RHD Diesel

Hi Macker, I am out in DC but am starting the process to map out my plan for what I want to rebuild on my RHD 86 110. Top of my list is a 200tdi swap (just have a straight diesel now). Did you get a chance to do the cold compression test? Any idea on shipping costs to the east cost?
Old April 10th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Shagey71
Sam Hagey
1995 RRC LWB - Alpine White

Registry
This is still for sale? PM'd

'95 RRC CountyLWB - dripping all over central TX
'83 110 HCPU - in piceces, all over central TX
'90 RRC Truggy - loud and proud
'95 RRC CountyLWB Beluga Black - SOLD
'01 P38 - POS Leaked Electricity - SOLD
Old April 10th, 2016, 09:28 AM