Defender Tune Resistors - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old April 24th, 2016, 07:31 PM
CapeRoverKid
Status: Offline
Brandon
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Fairhaven, Ma
Posts: 9
Registry
Defender Tune Resistors

I have 4 3.9v8 Defender or Range Rover Classic Tune Resistors.
asking $50.00 each
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old April 26th, 2016, 09:09 AM
CapeRoverKid
Status: Offline
Brandon
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Fairhaven, Ma
Posts: 9
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeRoverKid View Post
I have 4 3.9v8 Defender or Range Rover Classic Tune Resistors. asking $50.00 each
pictures added
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4081153210.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	624.1 KB
ID:	148119   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2438812859.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	148120  

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 26th, 2016, 09:28 AM
cellulararrest's Avatar
cellulararrest
Status: Offline
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Newburyport, MA
Posts: 1,544
Just FYI, these are resistors for the speed sensing circuit. Not tune resistors. They should be 6.8kΩ
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old April 26th, 2016, 09:42 AM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest View Post
Just FYI, these are resistors for the speed sensing circuit. Not tune resistors. They should be 6.8kΩ
Technically it's a current limiting resistor that links the 9v coil output to the ECU ... this signals to the ECU that the engine is running and turns on the fuel pump.

Ask Josh how we know this in excruciating detail ....
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 26th, 2016, 09:45 AM
cellulararrest's Avatar
cellulararrest
Status: Offline
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Newburyport, MA
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
Technically it's a current limiting resistor that links the 9v coil output to the ECU ... this signals to the ECU that the engine is running and turns on the fuel pump.

Ask Josh how we know this in excruciating detail ....
You coulda just read this Rover 14CUX Hot Wire Mass Flow EFI: Service and Troubleshooting lol. Is Josh's truck finally "reliable" again? It wasn't at romp, was it?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 26th, 2016, 09:50 AM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest View Post
You coulda just read this Rover 14CUX Hot Wire Mass Flow EFI: Service and Troubleshooting lol. Is Josh's truck finally "reliable" again? It wasn't at romp, was it?
define reliable?
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 26th, 2016, 10:11 AM
rover4x4's Avatar
rover4x4
Status: Offline
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Old North State
Posts: 7,526
Registry
Honda Civic
__________________
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
defender

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TUNE UP KIT&ALLOY LUGS WANTED 83 110 mountainviewrover Wanted 4 April 6th, 2008 12:44 PM
Re-tune ecu without catalytic converters Help! bstraw Defender Technical Discussions 0 December 23rd, 2006 10:48 AM
tune resistors and cats vesparover Defender Technical Discussions 3 March 13th, 2006 10:34 PM
"tune resistors" boxerhips Defender Technical Discussions 3 January 17th, 2006 07:10 AM
NAS spec D90 tune resistor help required UKlandyandy Defender Technical Discussions 8 May 7th, 2005 07:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Copyright