Defender Spare Tyre Covers - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old April 28th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Dougnaus
Douglas Scott

I will not post the numerous badgering e mails from Pat that I received for no reason other than to prompt an angry response from me and to get back to the real reason most of us joined this site. We are Defender owners and enthusiasts. I want to insure everyone who has purchase a cover and who want to purchase the remaining few that theses are Factory originals that were purchased from the Land Rover Dealer in Victoria after the D-90 line was dropped from the Australian market. Two years ago. The Land Rover Part Numbers are still on all the bags and I will provide a copy of the receipt of the purchase from the dealership to all future purchases. Also including a copy of the page that shows this option in the Dealer Parts reference book.Kind regards, Your Friend in Aus.Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Pat
Patrick M.
D90 '96 300Tdi 5 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougnaus
" numerous badgering e mails from Pat that I received .... "
I know it, and you know it; you lie -period-
Pat

PS Look how an original LR Defender Tire Cover looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TCover.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	5587  
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Dougnaus
Douglas Scott

Once again. You prove my point Pat. Ignorance is more expensive than education.Go to any Land Rover Dealership and ask them to pull up options and accessories available for the Land Rover Defender in Australia and you will find the picture and the part number. Good Luck finding one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2006, 01:17 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

At the risk of being accused of being Pat, I see nothing wrong with some criticism here - whether for aesthetics or price.

I prefer no cover at all and consider this one a bit flashy with the big Defender letters in blazing white. The only thing missing is a big, white "V8" on the left half and "4WD" on the right.

Oh, yeah, and the price is ridiculous! I'm not faulting the seller here, mind you. If that's where the market is then so be it. Amazing how many eager beavers there are for two pieces of black vinyl and a decal.
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Dougnaus
Douglas Scott

Thank goodness you can still buy a Jeep in America. Quality is and will always be what seperates the men from the boys. As for the price. Its still cheaper than Atlantic and Rovers North and that's before shipping mate.
Old April 30th, 2006, 11:42 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

1. AB's is the stiff back type at $179. RN's is not stiff back (like the one sold here) at $109 (large). Of course, neither have "Defender" plastered on them but you can get a rhino, elephant or safari look from RN.

"Quality is and will always be what seperates the men from the boys"

Come on, Douglas. We're talking vinyl here I doubt your cover is any better in quality than the others. However, it has been exposed to that exotic Australian air so perhaps it is better. Hmm...
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Pat
Patrick M.
D90 '96 300Tdi 5 speed

Arthur
you proved to me that reason and common sense are not completely extinct. Thanks.

Douglas
I have the right to consider your whole offer disrespectful;
if you have some serious offer to make, go ahead, if not just don't try to be smarter than the rest of us.

Pat
Old May 1st, 2006, 01:46 AM
Dougnaus
Douglas Scott

Once again, Pat rears his ugly head and proves me right, again. First Pat's of the D-90 site. Let's compare apple to apples. Not apples to oranges. Secondly you might want to thank your wonderful leader Bush for the devaluation of your dollar and lastly shipping from Australia VIA registered Airmail is not like the car you chose to purchase. CHEAP does not mean free. You get what you pay for. Don't like it don't buy it.You can always find duct tape at your local hang outfor all you Walmart Shoppers'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
cover, spare