Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old September 6th, 2016, 05:05 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Defender rear speaker panel for 6 1/2" speakers

This is the solution for mounting 6 ˝ rear speakers in hard top Defender 90’s and Defender 110’s.

As some of you may know, I have been working on this for some time now. I'm happy to say I have installed 5 of the kits now, and I a ready to offer them for sale.

Made from Baltic Brich ply and professionally upholstered, this panel system is a replacement for the stock, existing above door rear panel. The new panel mounts solidly above the tail-door, utilizing 4 brackets that hold the stock panel in place. The speaker surrounds accept a 6 ˝” round speaker, also increasing the enclosure volume. The stock grab handles may also be used, or omitted for a clean look.

Upholstered with Katzkin Automotive Leather, the system has a very stock look and a good colour match to the existing trim,(a variety of other colours are also available). Even with all of the contours, and rounded face edges, there are no seams or wrinkles in the finish.

The system has been designed to fit with Land Rover “build tolerances” in mind. A universal fit, installation is simple and lines up nicely with existing trim and headliner, and also fits flush to the top of the rear door seal.

Included in the kit is the main panel, 2 surrounds, all required stainless hardware for mounting, and a complete set of detailed step by step installation instructions with photos.

Price for the panel and surround kit is $525, with shipping in the continental US an additional $39.

These are made to order panels, and production time is about 7-10 days. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about this panel system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_5508R1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	157071   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5509.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	157072  

Name:	1Material.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	157073  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2016, 05:08 PM
spyder625

Registry
St nas 90

Will you be making the Soft Top NAS 90 speaker replacement holders?
Old September 7th, 2016, 10:43 AM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder625 View Post
Will you be making the Soft Top NAS 90 speaker replacement holders?
Are you referring to the speaker enclosiures in front of where the rear seat belts wind up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2016, 01:57 PM
spyder625

Registry
Rear

where the rear seat belts end up on a ST
Old September 7th, 2016, 06:22 PM
4RF RDS
Kevin
2000 110 XS CSW

Registry

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	157156Scott, can't figure out how to send you a pic in PM so here is what I did. Sorry yours looks so much better but I could not wait... These boxes are for golf carts, weatherproof and come with a 1.5 inch tweeter and a cone mid range on the opposite side. A 6.5 inch hole for your own speaker and a simple plug and play port on the side for wire hook up.
Old September 7th, 2016, 07:55 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Looks pretty straight forward. How does it mount to the truck? How is the sound quality?

If you ever want to get your speakers up top, I'll make a panel for you. I wanted the speakers up higher, figuring with the Puma rear seat being taller, a lower down speaker would lose a lot of sound right in to the back of the seats.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
defender, speakers