Defender front bumper - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old October 15th, 2015, 12:06 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Oh, I am. But he said in a pm to me that "people just started pay palling him like crazy and that it is now all gone." He only seems to be online in the morning, per his responses to me, and I thought I'd try to reach out and remind the buyer how things work.

------ Follow up post added October 14th, 2015 09:09 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Damn! When the smoke clears if there is still a clutch pedal assembly I would like it. Thanks and good luck to all parties involved.
Ha! You know what, on principal alone, if I get this worked out as it should be, I'll give you one! I was already getting a good deal before I got royally screwed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2015, 12:20 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Oh, I am. But he said in a pm to me that "people just started pay palling him like crazy and that it is now all gone." He only seems to be online in the morning, per his responses to me, and I thought I'd try to reach out and remind the buyer how things work. ------ Follow up post added October 14th, 2015 09:09 PM ------ Ha! You know what, on principal alone, if I get this worked out as it should be, I'll give you one! I was already getting a good deal before I got royally screwed!
Hope it works out. I still put the onus on the seller. It's a dick move of buyers but again as a seller using the excuse the money just showed up is lame.
Old October 15th, 2015, 12:30 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Thank you. I appreciate it! I hope it works out too, as all matters can be corrected here and everyone has an opportunity to save face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2015, 01:11 AM
csbarizona
Christopher Byrne
1985 Land Rover Ninety 2.5NA

Whoa! I was second in line for the bumper, and was contacted by Oliver asking for my address this morning for a shipping quote. Based on that contact, I assumed that the first in line passed on one or both bumpers. Oliver gave me the shipping quote and his paypal address and I paid for it.

I am happy to rescind if the first in line still wants them both. It was absolutely not my intention to jump over anyone. I'm new here, but have bought and sold hundreds of guitar and bicycle items on other enthusiast forums and was following what I thought was standard protocol. The seller sells to the first in line, and if that person goes south, then turns to the second in line, etc.

Again, my apologies.

Chris in Tucson
Old October 15th, 2015, 01:19 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Not a problem! I appreciate your explanation and it's clear that it wasn't you fault. Thank you. On this forum, if someone backs out, they will either post a "de-licking" or the seller will announce that the deal fell through. Oliver was actually at fault for confusing you by sending his PayPal info. I would have made the same assumption.

That's one bumper accounted for. Thank you Chris! You're a stand up guy!

I still have one more bumper and two clutch assemblies to go!

Last time he and I spoke, Oliver was going to put the parts in a truck he has going to LA this weekend where I have a RURR coordinated already coming up to me. That was as of 5:42 a.m. this morning.
Old October 15th, 2015, 07:32 AM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

I have a front bumper you can have if there is a good way to get it from Virginia.
Old October 15th, 2015, 08:44 AM
sirjond
Jonny
1995 D90 ST Alpine White

Clutch Assembly #1

1st - I licked it and pm'd without reading all the posts (my bad)

2nd - I get response from Oliver that someone is ahead of me (because he is a good guy. He then states that he has more coming and would honor the same price for me when they come in, again because he is a good guy)

3rd - I get a pm from Oliver the buyer hasn't paid (which I know for a fact has happened on here before - maybe I don't post ALL the time, but I have been on this forum for many many years and I know what goes on. BUT, I bet the rules don't state that, so sorry)

4th - I send money to Oliver's paypal

and now I believe I need Oliver to step in and clear this up...
Old October 15th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Oliver Whiting
Oliver Whiting
84 110, 94 NAS90,Bunch of EX-mods

parts

Several people pm'd me very promptly for the parts and asked for quotes for shipping. I have t worked through in chronological order. Some after receiving a quote for freight have not paid so I move on to the next. Some have gone back and fourth a few times about freight and how best to ship. We thought we had a shipping method worked out but no money in hand for parts or freight and shipping methods had to be change because of a third party not wanting to transport loose parts in a car hauler full of vehicles.

They are just parts. No need to get all worked up about it to all involved. Those who paypal'd for parts and freight. All parts are boxed and will go out FedEx today.

I have more clutch assemblies and a bumper or two we will get this sorted out
Old October 15th, 2015, 11:15 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
I bought the 2 NTO bumpers and two clutch assemblies that you advertised for sale. I also wanted the trims, but the pic in your ad showed damaged units, not NTO units. I requested clarification of condition for the trims so that I would know whether or not to PP $200 or $225. While I waited for you to get back to me about the condition of the trims we discussed my shipping options. Since there wasn't a Fastenal or greyhound option from your location, you stated that you "have a customer's truck heading out to L.A. this weekend and that you could package them up and send them with the truck." That sounded like a great option. That was the last message you sent me other than to tell me that "people just started paypalling you like crazy and that now everything was gone!"

As I was waiting to hear from you about the trims, less than 24hrs, you sold everything to other people. Seems as if you were soliciting other buyers while keeping me on the hook. That, sir is not right.

I, of course, have all our pm's saved if you need to review them. I'm still waiting for a response.
Old October 16th, 2015, 01:03 PM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Oliver, Just sent the PP.
Thanks,
Eddie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
bumper, defender, front bumper