Dash Center Trim Panel BTR9614 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old February 20th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
Dash Center Trim Panel BTR9614

This just arrived today from the UK. I was planning on making a cutout in the center of this for my round analogue clock, but it's not wide enough. Also, there's a small scratch/gouge in it by where the wiper wash switch goes because they squeezed it in a small box with some other parts, but I think you could just cut that out to make room for a rectangle hazard switch like the Carling.

$10 shipped in the lower 48.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old February 20th, 2015, 06:15 PM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Offline
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 8,741
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
This just arrived today from the UK. I was planning on making a cutout in the center of this for my round analogue clock, but it's not wide enough. Also, there's a small scratch/gouge in it by where the wiper wash switch goes because they squeezed it in a small box with some other parts, but I think you could just cut that out to make room for a rectangle hazard switch like the Carling.

$10 shipped in the lower 48.

Chip:

The round clock definitely should fit if you cut it - the hole size is pretty standard at 2-1/16" (same as VDO). It's essentially a 1-hole version of this (which is identical overall dimensions to the factory face plate):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_2243_2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	114224   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_2238.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	114225  

__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 20th, 2015, 06:45 PM
woldd90's Avatar
woldd90
Status: Offline
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,329
I have a silver one.... I would part with. Same as the NAS, but made of aluminum.
__________________
Scott

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old February 20th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Chip:

The round clock definitely should fit if you cut it - the hole size is pretty standard at 2-1/16" (same as VDO). It's essentially a 1-hole version of this (which is identical overall dimensions to the factory face plate):
Hmm, okay, yeah you're right. I held it up to it with the mounting ring still on it. This one has a convex surface though so there will be gaps. I think I better get one that's flat.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 20th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
I have a silver one.... I would part with. Same as the NAS, but made of aluminum.
What's it look like?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 20th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
Ah ha. Looks like this is the one I need. Made by Bearmach. Part # BA 2706.



------ Follow up post added February 20th, 2015 05:18 PM ------

Dash trim panel is now sold. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 20th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
You know, I suppose I could just re-use the original one I have. I could make a little backing for the round clock to glue on then cover it all with a new piece of textured vinyl/faux leather. Might be a fun little project.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 20th, 2015, 08:34 PM
RBBailey
Status: Offline
RBBailey
1965 IIa
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Damascus, Oregon
Posts: 1,580
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
You know, I suppose I could just re-use the original one I have. I could make a little backing for the round clock to glue on then cover it all with a new piece of textured vinyl/faux leather. Might be a fun little project.
I've been thinking the same thing about mine.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 21st, 2015, 01:08 AM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBailey View Post
I've been thinking the same thing about mine.
Great minds think alike.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
dash

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MTC4618LOY Center Dash Trim 90/110 FS SafariHP The Vendors Loft 4 October 13th, 2015 08:40 AM
Rubber Center Bulkhead Trim Panel Rosproline157 For Sale - Parts 7 May 13th, 2013 09:15 AM
(Replace that old ragged seat box trim) F/S "Brand New" Seat Box Insulator Trim Panel Buddie For Sale - Parts 5 April 30th, 2012 03:40 PM
Trim - Center Dash bjf Wanted 10 May 25th, 2011 11:06 AM
Blank Stainless Center Dash Panel (bling) JimC For Sale - Parts 0 November 18th, 2004 03:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Copyright