Complete Range Rover 2.5 VM diesel engine & 5-speed swap 'KIT' $3500 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Zak Mosieur
1987 Defender 110/300tdi
Complete Range Rover 2.5 VM diesel engine & 5-speed swap 'KIT' $3500

I just received another shipment from the UK and have two complete VM Range Rover 2.5 turbo diesel engine kits here. The VM diesel is a very reliable, and in the opinion of those who have actually had experience with them (as opposed to the opinions of those people who just read about them on the internet, and then consider themselves experts) they are incredibly reliable, robust, powerful and uch higher-engineered than even Rovers own tdi engines. These are gear-driven, with no timing belts to worry about, and have separate cylinder heads and look like a smaller Cummins turbo-diesel engine. Land Rover needed a more powerful and smoother running engine to put in the top-of-the-line Range Rover, to distinguish it from the lower models in the lineup, and sourced these VM diesels to do the job until their own 300tdi came out. In short, a great engine, and factory fitted to Range Rover Classics from 1988 - 1992. Will drop right in on the V8 mounts.

I am offering one kit up for $3500, available for pick up here at my shop in Portland, OR, or it can be shipped anywhere in the USA. Kit includes complete engine with all ancillaries, LT77 5- speed gearbox with correct transfer case for diesel engine gearing, diesel and air filter housings, wiring harness, radiator and intercooler and frame, all mounts, crossmember, shift sticks and knob/ boots, exhaust downpipe.. Pretty much anything you would conceivably need to do a swap into your classic.

I have been doing conversions here at my shop and have begun to document and take pictures of the swaps. I can also offer technical advice, should you have any questions. I also am stocking NEW parts for these engines as well as 200tdi, 300tdi and some TD5. I have a container sailing once a month now and always have new vehicles and engines coming in - You can find more information and photos here, as well as see what the New Arrivals of the month will be - I have a real nice Defender 110 on its way now that will make someone a very nice truck!

You can also email me direct at

Thank you for reading -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine kits 018.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	68695   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine kits 021.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	68696