Complete F&R 4.10 ARB Air Locker Setup! - FOR SALE - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:42 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Complete F&R 4.10 ARB Air Locker Setup! - FOR SALE

For sale, I have a complete ARB front and rear air locker setup, as I purchased from Dale (rovertrader) in late 2011 while I was deployed in Iraq/Kuwait. < http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=34575 >

Following my return home and with squadron schedules, summer transfer, etc., I never got around to getting it all installed in my 94 ST as intended, and it's been sealed up since I received it.

In addition to the GBR-built 4.10-geared complete third members and good condition used compressor and switches that I bought from Dale (and noted in the old post above), I also bought a new ARB wiring harness (to/from the switches and compressor) and a new set of braided stainless F&R air lines and fittings for the setup instead of using the standard delicate blue vinyl ARB lines that I otherwise would have had to replace.

$1500 plus shipping costs, or we can coordinate pickup.

I also still have the Rover Tracks front and rear heavy duty axles that I also bought from Dale and also never installed and will pass them on for the same $650 or all of it for $2000 as Dale offerred up.

I was told several days ago that instead of transferring this summer to my next assignment here in the US or in Europe as I originally expected, Iíll be returning to Japan for several years. Joy. As such, Iím cancelling my D90 upgrade plans, selling off a bunch of parts, and will probably also be selling one or both of my trucks in the spring. More info and listings to follow!

Thanks for your interest!
Murph
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
D90s sold while assigned overseas. You're welcome America!
'06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
'8X FankenRover D100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:49 PM
sirjond
Jonny
1995 D90 ST Alpine White

gonna say licked - the whole package. Chris can we talk tomorrow?
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
I might be second in line just for grins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

JonnyD is killing me. I will take everything if sirjond or Jpayne pass.

I've missed out all night. Arg.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:56 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Sure!

Back when I bought it all, I had to pay to have it freighted all over on a pallet for big dough. Now, thanks to a Navy move since then, it's right in your backyard.

Also of note for you, Jon, (or for anyone else should Jon decide to pass) I also already cleanly cut slots in my lower left dash corner panel for the three ARB compressor/locker rocker switches. (The thing that has your useless dash light dimmer switch in it to the lower left of the steering column.) If the buyer wants to swap theirs for mine already set up, that would be cool, too.

We can PM phone info, Jon.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Murph
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:59 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Ok, what other goodies are you about to spring on us Chris? How about you throw your fellow Freedom Fighter a bone and PM me before you post!
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:01 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Ha I tried that the last time - no dice.

Sad to see you're moving again, Murph. I was planning on heading up to RI this Summer, too.
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:13 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Sorry, Sam!

About a year ago, I listed a bunch of stuff in a similar way, and Josh (rijosho) was like "Hey, who lists a bunch of good stuff in the middle of the night! I missed it all!" In the future, perhaps I'll have to post an announcement in advance for everyone as to when I'll be kicking stuff off.

At some point soon, I'm probably going to be listing a complete, low-mileage 4.6 GEMS RR HSE engine, both serp distributor and non-distributor front covers, new ancillaries (A/C compressor, alternator, steering pump), new hot cam, cam drive assemply, lifters, seals, gaskets, hoses etc. and all the needed mounting brackets, pulleys, etc. to make it work in a 3.9/4.2 14CUX truck. (Or a 4.0 GEMS if you want to figure out the fueling.) I'll also probably offer it with an engine stand and hoist to make it all happen. More on that in a few days, as I want to take a better inventory, make a part list, etc. I've been planning and collecting parts for that project for more than two years.

Only about 20 minutes prior to getting the email about my future in Japan on Tuesday night, I was showing my girlfriend all the engine stuff, describing how the valvetrain works, and talking about finally getting started on the swap in teh next few weeks as weather might start improving. (In truth, the fact that the 94's stock engine runs so well is all that kept me from doing it to date.)

------ Follow up post added January 11th, 2013 11:20 PM ------

I was just typing and noted you in it, Josh. Funny that both of you responded while I was at it.

I'll be around here until sometime in September when my last course ends.

The last time I was stationed in Japan (in 2000-2001 as an Ensign/LTJG), taking a car there wasn't really feasible or practical, and even getting my motorcycles over there ended up being a pain. (Took two over and was only allowed to register one. One plate. Guess how I solved that when I wanted to ride.)

Now, when I originally expected to be headed to somewhere new in the US or perhaps join Steve B in Germany, I'm confronted with dealing with three cars and four motorcycles. (I'll probably end up selling my M3, and at least one of the D90s, along with my BMW and Ducati sportbbikes and my Harley. I'll most likely keep my Multistrada and take it with me.) Somehow this is turning into another sale thread.
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:21 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Does your gf go with you?

------ Follow up post added January 11th, 2013 11:22 PM ------

Yeah Sam, last time he posted everything at 2AM. haha
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:23 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloBubba
Sorry, Sam!

About a year ago, I listed a bunch of stuff in a similar way, and Josh (rijosho) was like "Hey, who lists a bunch of good stuff in the middle of the night! I missed it all!" In the future, perhaps I'll have to post an announcement in advance for everyone as to when I'll be kicking stuff off.

At some point soon, I'm probably going to be listing a complete, low-mileage 4.6 GEMS RR HSE engine, both serp distributor and non-distributor front covers, new ancillaries (A/C compressor, alternator, steering pump), new hot cam, cam drive assemply, lifters, seals, gaskets, hoses etc. and all the needed mounting brackets, pulleys, etc. to make it work in a 3.9/4.2 14CUX truck. (Or a 4.0 GEMS if you want to figure out the fueling.) I'll also probably offer it with an engine stand and hoist to make it all happen. More on that in a few days, as I want to take a better inventory, make a part list, etc. I've been planning and collecting parts for that project for more than two years.

Only about 20 minutes prior to getting the email about my future in Japan on Tuesday night, I was showing my girlfriend all the engine stuff, describing how the valvetrain works, and talking about finally getting started on the swap in teh next few weeks as weather might start improving. (In truth, the fact that the 94's stock engine runs so well is all that kept me from doing it to date.)
Ha Ha, no worries! Im just coming off a ARM range at Fort Benning so spotty cell coverage is loosing me the opportunity to spend coin! Less bars in more places....
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:25 PM
sirjond
Jonny
1995 D90 ST Alpine White

Sorry, Sam. I am usually the one that misses out. Guess I just got lucky?
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:26 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

At this point, we're prepping for visits as often as possible. There are a couple of reasons I'm 41 and never married. Continuously being deployed or stationed overseas is the biggest one.

She has two youngsters and their dad is local to them here. He's a good guy and we actually go flying together sometimes (and we all flew down to Key West just after XMas.)

I'd love to leave one or both of the D90s with her, as she's sort of an action figure, but it won't make sense. She grew up in South Africa driving around in Rovers, doing family safari vacations, etc. Her brother has a newer 110 there.
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:26 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
Does your gf go with you?

------ Follow up post added January 11th, 2013 11:22 PM ------

Yeah Sam, last time he posted everything at 2AM. haha
The irritating part is that Im up and at work and I still missed out! Perhaps late ads should be banned....

------ Follow up post added January 11th, 2013 11:31 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjond
Sorry, Sam. I am usually the one that misses out. Guess I just got lucky?
I think you pretty much cleaned up tonight! Sad Sam, happy wife!
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:39 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

World Traveler

Hmmm I can hear it know
Commander "Yes"
Chris "GF is getting on my nerves and starting to stalk me and her ex husband is wacky always trying to touch my D-90s"
Commander "Well what countries is she a convicted felon in"
Chris "let me check"
Phone dials "hey baby, what is your least favorite place in the world"
GF "Japan, I got caught smugglin samari swords to South Africa in my former life before I met you and turned my life around and now it is me and you against the world"
Chris "call you right back baby..miss you"
Murph quickly dials his commander
"Commander"
Commander "yeah Chris whadda it be"
"Japan"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloBubba View Post
At this point, we're prepping for visits as often as possible. There are a couple of reasons I'm 41 and never married. Continuously being deployed or stationed overseas is the biggest one.

She has two youngsters and their dad is local to them here. He's a good guy and we actually go flying together sometimes (and we all flew down to Key West just after XMas.)

I'd love to leave one or both of the D90s with her, as she's sort of an action figure, but it won't make sense. She grew up in South Africa driving around in Rovers, doing family safari vacations, etc. Her brother has a newer 110 there.
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:39 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Oh, another possible interesting sale to be posted later is the supercharger kit I bought from Shayne (the rover shop) last summer. < http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37073 >

I spoke with a local Rover expert about it a month or so ago, so I want to give him first option before I post it here. I'm going to ask him to help me swap in the R380 I've been sitting on into my 94 to replace it's original LT77, whether I decide to sell the truck or not.

------ Follow up post added January 11th, 2013 11:41 PM ------

Funny! I'll actually have to show her this thread. She'll think it's cool.

(This is not a Neil thread, so the ladies are allowed to view it. Hi, Neil)
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:42 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

How about we play 20 questions and guess what he has:
I need a new or like new top if you have one
How about a chipped 3.9 ECU
Any rear lock and fold seats?
Any all kidding aside I am sorry your plans for your truck and life got side railed. I couldn't imagine planning life events and having to erase them in an instant. You are going to stay on the forum correct.. .at least to keep reading Josh's posts!
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:51 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Just sold the extra top I had!
I have a drawer full of 4.2 and 3.9 ECUs, but none with hot chips!
Original rear lock and fold sold this past summer! (I just put a Corbeau Safari seat in mine so I could take the GF's kids out with us. My 97 has the four standard sideways-mounted jumpseats.)

I hope to figure out a way to hang onto something, OR!....I'll find a 97 Japanes spec one there, bring it back when I return in '15-16 (hopefully), put Boost wheels on it, and then regularly visit NYC and watch the "sightings" thread blow up with debate about it's NAS-ness vs Japanese-ness.

I'll certainly keep visiting to see Barry and Josh say rude things to people (mostly each other), and read Neil's commentary on LA, girls, exotic cars, and Mallory distributor upgrades.

------ Follow up post added January 11th, 2013 11:55 PM ------

Oh yeah, and this is not a thread about guns, but in addition to figuring out what to do with my cars and cycles, I have to figure out what to do about a couple of guns.
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

It's crazy how minutes count in the for sale parts threads.....dang it!
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:09 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Can I go to bed yet?
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:11 AM
sirjond
Jonny
1995 D90 ST Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Can I go to bed yet?
hahahaha!!! I was just thinking the same thing. Are we done Chris?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts