http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pts/2323075358.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2011, 01:33 AM
1962siia88
Daniel Rogers
1962siia88

Registry
I went and looked at this the other day. PM me if you want any info on it. I didn't buy it.

Daniel
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:57 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Please tell details!
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2011, 08:01 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Yes, please do tell- 130 in route. Ron- if you just need a box, that is what is on mine, as I would prefer the camper...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
1962siia88
Daniel Rogers
1962siia88

Registry
I was very excited about this thing and went there intending to buy it.*

The pics the guy sent were from 5 years ago and it's been sitting outside near salt water since then. *

It appears to have been built around 2000-2001 from dates on some of the water system.*

There is some rust at the lower edges on the trim and in the corner pieces. *Some not so bad some bad enough that the steel it flaking to bits. The paint is faded and flaking off in many places.*

The road cover was removed at some
point in the last few years and water leaked in through the top causing damage to some of the interior and rusting things like cabinet hinges, etc. *The interior is typical rv construction using particle board *for much if it and the parts that have had water damage are swollen and warped.*

The top opens in two pieces hinged on the outside edges by a large piano style hinge. This seems to deploy a basic tent frame but I didn't get that far because the hinges are rusted and didn't want to move. They have started to tear thru the rivets were someone tried to force the top open. I saw this starting to happen when we tried to open it and I stopped before we caused more damage. *The canvas was on the tent frame and I didn't see any damage on the part of it I could see but I would assume there is water damage there too.*

The electrical system is all 240 or 12v. The seller didnt have any keys with him so I couldn't get in the lockers but there is a converter/charger and a place to plug in to the grid or a generator.*

It appears to have hot and cold pressure water but I didn't see any tank but again I couldn't get into everything. I did see the pump and heater. Also has an outside shower but most of the outside plastic bits are sun damaged or cracked and broken.*

There is a two burner stove and sink too.*

I couldn't find any ID plate indicating the manufacturer but he box is really nicely constructed to what I would think are military specs. For just a box it might be worth it but it's not ready to go camping and no way my wife would think it was deluxe.*

It also has two swing away tire carriers for the back both with rust but not to the point of being worthless.*

At one point this thing was awesome and clearly was nice but the neglect and time next to salt water made this thing not worth it to me. *I didn't even make an offer.*

The guys is reasonable and probably has it priced right just for the box.

Hope this helps.*

Daniel
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Thanks. That is too bad.
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

thanks x2, seems better to finish mine off than have to mess with all the issues...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags