Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Shawn
shawn Orth
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Black KBX Defender Grill, surrounds and Wing Tops

I have a brand new set of KBX wing tops, grill and surrounds that I was going to use on my 130. I have decided to go a different direction. I would ship for $350 in the lower 48. Here are a few pictures. The parts are still wraped in plastic. I did not take a picture of the surrounds becuase they are still wraped in the box. thanks for looking.
Shawn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KBX 1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	65013   Click image for larger version

Name:	KBX 2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	65014  

Click image for larger version

Name:	KBX 3.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	65015  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

ill go 250.00
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
CMSgt Bo
Bo
1985 One Ten

PM sent.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:11 PM
Shawn
shawn Orth
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Aaron, sold pending payment to someone who is not a bottom feeder. thanks for your gracious offer.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Aaron, sold pending payment to someone who is not a bottom feeder. thanks for your gracious offer.
Learned that from my Atlanta accountant buddy.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

2nd in line and I am a CPA so you should keep it in the family.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Lmao @ bottom dweller, thats kinda mean

Robert Deniro
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
Shawn
shawn Orth
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Aaron you may be cheap but I still love ya. I will let everyone know if the first buyer backs out. Good to see another person in the profession. If I had only known. I hope your tax season go's smoothly or your one of the lucky few who got out and is making real money.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Everyone that works in Finance and accounting are bad bad news *LOL*
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

It's amazing how often a CPA can stop a finance deal dead in its tracks.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

can't let that one slide

yeah especially if your an M&A guy who doesn't know squat about GAAP and thinks a week in the field of kicking the tires will give you all the info you need. If I was a buyer of a company I would want a CPA on my side any day. If I was on the broker side and hoping for my payday based on the overvaluation of a company from shotty due diligence and pie in the sky Cash flow projections then hell no "keep those folks away...they might find everything".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
It's amazing how often a CPA can stop a finance deal dead in its tracks.
------ Follow up post added January 23rd, 2013 09:09 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Should have been a MD with the hours that I put in and I unfortuneately am not value added like tax folks are. You learn your place in the world if you work in Audit. Rode the Arthur Andersen bus to the bottom of the sea.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:16 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
yeah especially if your an M&A guy who doesn't know squat about GAAP and thinks a week in the field of kicking the tires will give you all the info you need. If I was a buyer of a company I would want a CPA on my side any day. If I was on the broker side and hoping for my payday based on the overvaluation of a company from shotty due diligence and pie in the sky Cash flow projections then hell no "keep those folks away...they might find everything".

------ Follow up post added January 23rd, 2013 09:09 PM ------

Should have been a MD with the hours that I put in and I unfortuneately am not value added like tax folks are. You learn your place in the world if you work in Audit. Rode the Arthur Andersen bus to the bottom of the sea.

Actually I am the MBA guy who makes the CPA that believes we know nothing about GAAP bang their forehead.
And at Year end I love to make Toillete & Douche's auditors ( stinking up the room form the same brand of aftershave *LOL* ) cry when I reclass an asset expense to the P&L, and screw up their D&A schedule
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Shawn
shawn Orth
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Wow all this GAAP talk is turning me on. Maybe we should mention GAAS when we audit. Now that IFRS and GAAP are going to merge all those guys out there who are auditing will have to learn a whole new approach at the European assets valuation system. I was an external auditor for 10 years but now concentrate on tax. It's much easier to me and a lot less liability. I still have a few audits but have a great audit team. I hope that I'd not put to many to sleep.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:32 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
you'd be surprised how many finance guys are on here....almost as the amount of military. I thought lawyers were bottom feeders...(no offense Ninja Bread Man!)

------ Follow up post added January 23rd, 2013 08:38 PM ------

Quote:
Actually I am the MBA guy who makes the CPA that believes we know nothing about GAAP bang their forehead.
And at Year end I love to make Toillete & Douche's auditors ( stinking up the room form the same brand of aftershave *LOL* ) cry when I reclass an asset expense to the P&L, and screw up their D&A schedule

You guys should watch an older movie for a inspirational laugh, its called Other Peoples Money.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:07 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

knew it

Ha! Knew it, you just proved you're a Finance guy because you can't read. I said M&A not MBA . And yes I am now on the other side of the fence doing consulting and screwing with the auditors (E&Y) right now. It is really fun to mess with the audit senior as they are so uptight. Of course I picked Accounting because I could spell and can't do complex math nor could I pass an English class with anything higher than a C so why not do accounting!!! and I love calling them Toillette and Douche as well. To bad Coopers got sucked up as I heard that was a really good place to work.

This is fun throwing this thread off track.

Who the hell had to bring up IFRS...I am holding out for little GAAP where you don't have to spend $8K on a valuation of long lived assets that are immaterial..

Quote:
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:03 AM
triple9music
Chad Davis
1984 Defender 90

Registry
so can i buy these parts or what
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post

you'd be surprised how many finance guys are on here....almost as the amount of military. I thought lawyers were bottom feeders...(no offense Ninja Bread Man!)

------ Follow up post added January 23rd, 2013 08:38 PM ------

You guys should watch an older movie for a inspirational laugh, its called Other Peoples Money.
I am the closest thing to " Larry the liquidator ", learned from the person who inspired that movie, think USF&G
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Shawn
shawn Orth
1994 Defender 90

Registry
I have one commitment on the KBX and waiting for payment. I brought up IFRS because its the wave of the future. Poor valuation of assets and lots of adjustments and impairments. I loved being an auditor because you blow into town set up in a room like your the CIA and make everyone in the building nervous. Back when I would mostly do audit if we really wanted to f&$?k with the people we would get on the elevator at the end of the day when the masses would head home and make up funny shit that sounded bad and just shake our heads a lot. People never understand that what is going on is just to make sure that the financial statements are fairly stated and not to shut down the Company. No one audits and looks for fraud.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
I have one commitment on the KBX and waiting for payment. I brought up IFRS because its the wave of the future. Poor valuation of assets and lots of adjustments and impairments. I loved being an auditor because you blow into town set up in a room like your the CIA and make everyone in the building nervous. Back when I would mostly do audit if we really wanted to f&$?k with the people we would get on the elevator at the end of the day when the masses would head home and make up funny shit that sounded bad and just shake our heads a lot. People never understand that what is going on is just to make sure that the financial statements are fairly stated and not to shut down the Company. No one audits and looks for fraud.
Funny you said that , I tell you how I handle the auditors

1- I don't give a crap at their summary
2- I put every document requested on a room ( as uncomfortable as possible )
3- Instruct my Team not to answer any question ( specially the buddy buddy approach ) and re-direct the Auditors to me.
4- My Favorite ( they end up shitting their pants ) ... " Hi I am so and so, nice to meet you, here are the Documents requested and the keys to this room, please email me any request for Testing, and I look forward to speak with you at the Exit Interview, have a great week " always look at me like I have 4 heads

One had the actual balls to say, well, we will need you to answer questions throughout the Audit.. to what I responded ( he felt off the chair ) " No I won't, if you are qualified to Audit me , you will need to find your answers on the books, if and only IF I am doing anything wrong, I will know and certainly not here to tell you, and neither is my Team, so be prepared to handle your report of findings at the exit , which I will review and respond accordingly thanks "; love to see Auditors walking on eggshells, not to mention Toillette & Douche auditor wrote the wrong finding once and on my response to findings I've trashed the poor bastard, the following year they sent these Gorgeous chicks..playing friendly seduction..you guys are Legalized Criminals *LMAO*
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Shawn
shawn Orth
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Thats pretty good. I don't do PCAOB audits for that reason. I have had cleints like that. That is why you don't talk to the menions and stick to the one who has the most skin in the game. That is also why you do an internal cotrol report and walk thru's and if you find the answers unsatisfactory you dis-engage. Now that my cause a little problem with the client but as long as you use due diligence and follow the GAAS guide it keeps you out of the libility window. Remember that the client needs the audit much more than the auditor does. Usually there is a 3rd party that is pushing or requires they audit. No matter what you think you need the auditors more than they need you. There is not very much money in audting these days. To much risk for reward.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ac, defender, wing