Autologic LR Diagnostic Scanner for sale - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old November 8th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Silver Streak
Eric
72RR

Autologic LR Diagnostic Scanner for sale

Autologic diagnostic scanner with Land Rover software for sale. I purchased it new in 2007 and updated it in 2009. It would have to be updated again to cover all the 09-14 models. I closed down shop earlier this year so I don't need it anymore. I seen a few of these on ebay for $9-10k and they go for over $12 new. I'm asking $6500 for this one. It was always handled with care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2014, 08:41 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Not having had updates in 5 years, where do you stand with autologic customer service? There is a lot this tool will do, on much more than just Land Rover, but without the ability to call in for support its usefulness is severely limited.
Old November 10th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Silver Streak
Eric
72RR

I don't have a current contract with Autologic. It is renewable and the unit can be fully upgraded or individual chassis can be upgraded at anytime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Abran
Abran
Many rovers

Autologic wants $1200 for the yearly contract. Includes software updates, phone support, and forum access.

Does yours have wi-fi?
Old November 11th, 2014, 06:56 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I was Looking into buying one a while ago and they said since I wasn't the original purchaser I couldn't upgrade or anything.. That was 8 years ago though.. Maybe they are better now..
Old November 11th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Abran
Abran
Many rovers

I bought mine in May, used. I registered it on their website and the next day received an email welcoming me and saying that I was now able to download software updates and use their forum.

I downloaded the software updates, and Puff! It erased all the Land Rover software on the tool. I called them and that is when they said I was NOT allowed to download software and that I now needed to pay $1200 to get the year long service contract and get the software back. needless to say, I was not happy but all the complaining in the world would not get them to restore even my outdated software.

So, I am now a member of their service plan. But I try to call at least once a week to ask how to open my ashtray, etc.
Old November 11th, 2014, 07:40 PM
jack SF
jack baran
95 ST yellow

as I understand it the autoloic will work with out any updates. but,, you will not be able to updated any modules. every time you update software in a module, you have to email an order to autologic . no account?-- you wont get software.

a new complete scanner is $13k plus tax. for 1 car line. every additional car line is $5-$8k.

they should update a subscription to an existing scanner. hardware was purchased from them so they should provide the support for it. its only wright.

what if I loose my scanner that I bought 6 month ago? I have to spend another $13k? that does not seem wright. I should be able to pay only for the hardware because I already paid for the software.
Old November 11th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Abran
Abran
Many rovers

It worked without the updates, but I thought best to update as I received the mail telling me I could.

True about the updates for the modules, but it seems like that is just for performance upgrades. The unit will sink used ECU and BECM to work in conjunction, but I have not dove into it fully.

Overall I am happy with the unit and service, but they were not so helpful when my software got wiped and one of the salesman was rude. Stating that If I got an email from Nigeria asking me to send money would I do it(this was in response to me complaining about getting the email stating I could update software). I wish I would have remembered his name so I could have relayed his message to one of his bosses.
Old November 11th, 2014, 11:54 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack SF View Post

what if I loose my scanner that I bought 6 month ago? I have to spend another $13k? that does not seem wright. I should be able to pay only for the hardware because I already paid for the software.
That's what insurance is for.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
for sale