Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old June 17th, 2014, 12:34 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Allard Full-Width Aluminum Radiator

Hi,

I have a monster Allard aluminum radiator for sale, with frame included. I installed this in my 110 300Tdi conversion but pulled it out after we put the wings on because my old style ex-MOD upper radiator brackets covered the fill plug of the radiator. I'm fairly certain that there are newer-style brackets that would work with this radiator no problemo and you could always fab some up...but I didn't want to mess with it so I just put a stocker in.

Also included are the hoses from a hose set that I ordered.

I paid $794 for the radiator + UK shipping and duties, plus $150 for the hoses. I'll take $600 + shipping/packing for this bad boy.

Note: the intercooler and intercooler hoses are not included. I'm keeping them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Looks pretty.
Suggest you get the galvy shock towers to!

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old June 19th, 2014, 12:24 PM
swaini
alswaini
97defender 90 st converted to NAS

Smile

hi,
will this fit on defender 90 v8, 1997?
thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2014, 11:06 AM
COJ142
Michael Giroux
1985 Defender 110 CSW RHD

Chris- I find myself in the market for a radiator this week. Can you tell me the model number of this one? I need to contact Allard and see if this will fly with my defender 200TDI. Thx.
Old July 5th, 2014, 12:08 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Hi Michael,

I don't see any model number but it's their full width, radiator with extra rows and an oil cooler. Sorry I don't have more info. Let me dig through my receipts.

/
/
/
/
Old July 5th, 2014, 04:20 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I looked at some photos and YT videos and it appears that the 200Tdi radiator inlet and outlet are on opposite sides of the radiator. On the 300Tdi radiator, the inlet and outlet are on the same side--one at the top and one at the bottom. There may be a hose set available to make the adaptation. You might ask Allard. They get their hoses from these guys: http://www.siliconhoses.co.uk/

/
/
/
/
Old July 6th, 2014, 12:54 AM
COJ142
Michael Giroux
1985 Defender 110 CSW RHD

Thanks Chris. Researching it on Monday!
Old July 24th, 2014, 02:22 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Still available.

/
/
/
/
Old July 25th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Jarrardsteel
Bill Jarrard
1987 Defender 90

Pm'd
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:12 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I've had a few folks ask if this will fit their ____-year truck with the _____ motor. The truth is, I don't know. It sits in the stock radiator posts and the box matches the stock size. The issue is the brackets. I know for sure that the brackets for my ex-MOD's 2.5 radiator would not work. The mounting holes were different and they would have covered the fill plug. I believe that this radiator was designed for later (1990s and onwards) trucks with the 300Tdi. That's what most of Allard's products are made for.

Look at the pictures above and visualize your mounting brackets attached to the top posts. Do they have a cut-out for the fill plug?

Chris

/
/
/
/
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Jarrardsteel
Bill Jarrard
1987 Defender 90

Pm'd again.
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:56 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

This has been sold.

/
/
/
/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
aluminum, radiator