Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 18th, 2011, 09:24 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Whiting View Post
Wow there's a lot of good ideas out there! .....Wing top and the under vehicle storage is a good Idea but I spend 7 months a year dealing with snow and mag chloride and I can see those boxes full of ice and crud. With everything inside ruined.

Understood but some of us don't have this problem where we live. Why limit your clientele?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Oliver Whiting
Oliver Whiting
84 110, 94 NAS90,Bunch of EX-mods

I agree and don't want to limit clientele but I think there is a different approach to the under vehicle storage.

It has been great to see everyones ideas.
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Whiting View Post
I agree and don't want to limit clientele but I think there is a different approach to the under vehicle storage.

It has been great to see everyones ideas.
Awesome, can't wait to see what you guys come up with. It's very cool to see another vendor catering to Land Rovers, even better to see one willing to work with the end user.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
I might be wrong but I thought there was an issue with the extension tanks that are out there at the moment not working with NAS trucks due to the roll cage supports? I can see why they could be a liability headache though.
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Oliver Whiting
Oliver Whiting

Accessories

I think you are correct for the NAS and a pass through tank. Could always do a larger version to fit in the factory location and there is one available for under the passenger seat. I am sure DOT, EPA and a few others would jump in to help out. If there was ever one involved in an accident you could kiss everything good bye.
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

I have the ROW tank under the passenger's seat. Transfers to the main tank through tubing to the main tank's filler neck which is also how it is vented. Small pusher pumps drains the tank in about 20-25 minutes. Besides the rear braket is mounted to the frame and the front bracket is easy to get. The hardest part was figuring out where to put the filler.

Which brings up the idea of a nice filler holder, such as the ones Equipe makes only at an affordable price.
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Problem with the under seat tanks for me is they hang down too low. Guarantee I will rip the arse out of it and a skid plate just makes it lower and easier to beat up/get hung up. Best option I have seen so far has been the larger tanks that fit in place of the stock one. Moot point anyway though if you're not going to make any.
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
My yakima rack works just fine with 1 complaint it hits the tailgate on my RRC when I lower it..
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Oliver Whiting
Oliver Whiting

Next time you visit sunny England you could pack one in a suitcase. Seriously maybe we should just buy a pallet of fuel tanks from the U.K. safari equip has them.
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
I have the ROW tank under the passenger's seat. Transfers to the main tank through tubing to the main tank's filler neck which is also how it is vented. Small pusher pumps drains the tank in about 20-25 minutes. Besides the rear braket is mounted to the frame and the front bracket is easy to get. The hardest part was figuring out where to put the filler.

Which brings up the idea of a nice filler holder, such as the ones Equipe makes only at an affordable price.
I put an equipe skid plate under the tank, I don't recall hitting it on anything through moab.
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Here's a another cool item that I don't think is available in the US: Rear stowage cage with removable shelf. http://www.mantec.co.uk/productdetai...202EF90B419B55
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:40 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
Exmor makes high back seats that folds like inward facing jump seats. I have installed them both in the forward and rearward facing. Rearward would be better for a SW but not a softop as you can't talk to anyone in the back.
I have seen them in the UK mags and on the website but didn't think they were availble thru any US dealers. Where did you get yours if you don't mind me asking?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ac