Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Oliver Whiting
Oliver Whiting
84 110, 94 NAS90,Bunch of EX-mods

sliders

Ian,
Yes I have sliders for a 90 $536
I think when you and I talked last about sliders you wanted some type of center support back to the frame and I don't currently offer that but it is something that is in the works. Sliders for Defenders almost need to be custom built as each Defender seems to be just a little bit different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	538126.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	38760  
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:33 PM
hlamar
Heston LaMar
97 NAS D90 ST #1789

Any close-ups of that front bumper assembly and A-bar? Is it just for the 110 or 90 also?
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Oliver Whiting
Oliver Whiting

Defender Bumper and A Bar

I will dig for more pictures but these were the easy ones as they are on my desk top. Fits 90 and 110 can be supplied with an extension for A/C models
I can supply bumpers for Discos as well
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	538001.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	38761   Click image for larger version

Name:	538115.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	38762  

Old May 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Chaucer
Will
93 110 | 97 90

+1 for all the storage options brought up so far; rear load space, wheel well/box boxes, boxes in the floor space in the front and middle row (110s). I like the wing options too, but I'd rather the products had a more professional fit & finish I also like the aux fuel tanks for NAS trucks with cage mounts idea.

I understand trying to promote a brand, but I don't like the laser cut logos of "ASFIR" on everything. May I suggest a sticker? That way the owner can leave it or remove it.
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:51 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
First off, the products you have been showing look solid. The side table on the 110 is slick - I probably won't be buying one but I like the way you guys are thinking.

Here a few things that I've been tossing around in my head to better my 90. Some day I'll get to them but figured I'd throw them there.
  • Spare tire bike rack. Hitch bike racks suck for a Defender IMO and none of the Yakima or Thule offerings work without a bunch of modifications. I think a 1.125" receiver welded to plate that has the 3 holes drilled out that fit the spare tire rack would be a start. Besides the bike rack a rack for skis/snowboard, fishing poles, or Hi-Lift mount could be of interest. With the 1.125" receiver it seems like it would have interchange capabilities easily.
  • Rear facing seat that folds up like a inward facing jump seat. Add to that a rail system that is mounted to the upper edge/corner of the wheelwell box. The rails could be used to slide the jump seat in and out or use as a basis for a storage system. I've had the stock bench and for the kids to get in, they'd have to climb over the front seats, then the Tuffy, then the bulkhead bar - coming from the back door seems much simpler and seems like it could be a little safer too to face rearward. Additionally, the mounts for a bench stick up and make stick into most anything you'd try to transport.
  • Bumperettes - like the ones Charles built himself - simple and clean
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
x2 on secure interior storage and products that take advantage of small spaces..
x5 on all of that. Especially the secondary tanks mentioned earlier. I'd love another fuel tank.
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

May I suggest another Overlanding item. Window guards. Mantecs are hard to come by and they rust. How about powder coated aluminum window guards for both front driver and passenger window as well as all rear windows? Everything except windshield and alpine windows. I'm planning to have some made soon.

Also bumperettes that are Mantec spare tire carrier compatible. I just bought Terrafirma bumperettes and I am in the process of making brackets to clear the tire carrier mount in the bumper. I will post pix in the small projects section.
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
And I would really like to see someone over here start making extended range water and fuel tanks without the embedded cost of importation..
X2 on the fuel tank. Gravity fed wheel well tank for NAS 90 would be great.
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)
Old May 17th, 2011, 12:49 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Thanks Oliver.

I am interested in seeing more storage and increased fuel capacity options as well.
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:12 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

items

Rear facing seat that folds up like a inward facing jump seat. Add to that a rail system that is mounted to the upper edge/corner of the wheelwell box. The rails could be used to slide the jump seat in and out or use as a basis for a storage system. I've had the stock bench and for the kids to get in, they'd have to climb over the front seats, then the Tuffy, then the bulkhead bar - coming from the back door seems much simpler and seems like it could be a little safer too to face rearward. Additionally, the mounts for a bench stick up and make stick into most anything you'd try to transport.

Exmor makes high back seats that folds like inward facing jump seats. I have installed them both in the forward and rearward facing. Rearward would be better for a SW but not a softop as you can't talk to anyone in the back.

I like the wing storage - that is pretty slick!

I would also like to see a reasonably priced rear bumper and intergrated tire carrier - even if it means modifying ones that are may be made for other vehicles.
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM
xplorUtah
Andrew P
1960 SII

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
First off, the products you have been showing look solid. The side table on the 110 is slick - I probably won't be buying one but I like the way you guys are thinking.

Here a few things that I've been tossing around in my head to better my 90. Some day I'll get to them but figured I'd throw them there.
  • Spare tire bike rack. Hitch bike racks suck for a Defender IMO and none of the Yakima or Thule offerings work without a bunch of modifications. I think a 1.125" receiver welded to plate that has the 3 holes drilled out that fit the spare tire rack would be a start. Besides the bike rack a rack for skis/snowboard, fishing poles, or Hi-Lift mount could be of interest. With the 1.125" receiver it seems like it would have interchange capabilities easily.
  • Bumperettes - like the ones Charles built himself - simple and clean
Agreed!
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

New gas tanks or aux tanks would be great too. Andrew Walcker had a custom tank made up that is like 19 gallons and fits into the old space.

http://www.thelongranger.com.au/defe...efueltank.html
http://www.safari-equip.co.uk/index.php?page=4
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5263.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	38799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5259.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	38800  

Name:	IMG_5264.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	38801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5266.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	38802  

Old May 17th, 2011, 08:30 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Under truck storage is great too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	i1_oilbox1.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	38803   Click image for larger version

Name:	i1_oilbox2.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	38804  

Old May 17th, 2011, 09:48 PM
dsh12
Daniel Hayes
1994 Defender 90 Soft Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Whiting View Post
Ian,
Yes I have sliders for a 90 $536
I think when you and I talked last about sliders you wanted some type of center support back to the frame and I don't currently offer that but it is something that is in the works. Sliders for Defenders almost need to be custom built as each Defender seems to be just a little bit different.
Make certain the slider has access for a Hi-Lift Jack.

There are no guarantees expressed or implied of the accuracy or correctness of the contents of this message, and the Author is not liable for the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this message. As always, do your own research. To the extent that opinions are expressed in this message, they are not necessarily the opinions of the Author.
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Chris Vitale
Chris
'95 D90 ST 2.8L TDi #2050

It would be great if you sold an extended, bolt-in, rear tub support bar. The factory tub support bar, that goes behind the front seats, limits the rearward travel of the front seat backrest.
Old May 17th, 2011, 10:21 PM
dsh12
Daniel Hayes
1994 Defender 90 Soft Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Whiting View Post
I will dig for more pictures but these were the easy ones as they are on my desk top. Fits 90 and 110 can be supplied with an extension for A/C models
I can supply bumpers for Discos as well
Front wing roll bars. They would be mounted via bolts to the front bumper and slider. They could be easily removed when not engaged in serious wheeling. It would be nice if a second set for the rear quarter panels could be fabricated as well.
Ow, attach points for limb risers might be a nice little addition?

There are no guarantees expressed or implied of the accuracy or correctness of the contents of this message, and the Author is not liable for the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this message. As always, do your own research. To the extent that opinions are expressed in this message, they are not necessarily the opinions of the Author.
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Oliver Whiting
Oliver Whiting

Accessories

Wow there's a lot of good ideas out there! So now it's time to stir the pot so to speak.
Fuel tanks are already manufactured and I can see some government organization getting involved if I start to manufacture fuel tanks. So fuel tanks for me are off the list.

Wing top and the under vehicle storage is a good Idea but I spend 7 months a year dealing with snow and mag chloride and I can see those boxes full of ice and crud. With everything inside ruined. Wing top storage boxes would need to be built as rights and lefts and the odd shape makes them expensive to do.

Rock sliders accept high lift jacks. The round holes in sliders for a high lift add on don't seem to work any better than just jacking up on the slider it's self (the extension is round).

We have started working on some storage boxes for 90 and 110 but it could be a while as nothing seems to go as quickly as I would like. And the price point will have to be right.

Why not get together and do a group buy on fuel tanks?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ac