Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
jim_harriger
Jim Harriger
1997 D90 S/W

Question A/C for NAS D-90 available

hi gang,

I have an AC unit, removed from a '97 D90 SW, available for sale. This includes *nearly* everything you
need: condenser/fan unit, receiver/dryer, evaporator unit with blower and mounting hardward, dash fascia with switches, wiring harness, hoses, rubber grommet for firewall, and the little wiring cover for the end of the blower motor assembly. it worked perfectly when taken out, and i sealed all the openings as soon as it was removed. i can also xerox the manual pages that have the remove/replace instructions, if needed.

Items not inclued or broken:
compressor (if you have one that at least has good bearings in the clutch, i'd add my good one to the package, since all i need is one to support the belt.)
bottom condensor brackets (impossible to remove without R&R the radiator, which i didn't have time to do)
fascia vents: 3 of the four in our unit are broken. i will include them, i think they are repairable, but i never got around to it, as we never used the AC (obviously, since we are taking it out).

I don't have a good feel for what this thing is worth, anyone want to give me a clue? i'm thinking around $1500 + shipping, maybe 200 more for the compressor exchange. anyone out there think i'm nuts? i'm going to try to get pictures of everything, and get it packed for shipping in the next few days, then i'll be able to give a reasonable shipping estimate. it's probably 2-3 boxes, and around 50-70 lbs total.

thanks, all!

jim harriger
(lovin' all the legroom! :-) )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2008, 11:35 AM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

AC Interest

Hi, Jim-

I noticed your post, and was told a little about you and your kit for sale by Johnathan in Augusta, GA this last weekend. I bought his '97 SW, and need to replace the A/C kit removed by an earlier owner. Is it OK if I contact you for a little more info?

Have a great day.
Chris
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
jim_harriger
Jim Harriger
1997 D90 S/W

sure thing! either email (jdh@blackdogandmagpie.net) or phone ( +1 (425) 591 8558) works. between about 8am and 9pm pacific time on the phone, if possible.

looking forward to hearing from you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2008, 05:46 PM
jim_harriger
Jim Harriger
1997 D90 S/W

in the interest of full disclosure, i need to add something to this, that I found while taking pictures for folks that are interested.

the front of the fascia (where the vents are) there are two small holes (about 1mm in diameter) where a
microphone hanger for a 2-way radio was mounted. I think they would be easily repaired with some liquid rubber or heat-set vinyl. i can supply pictures for any who are interested.

jim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
90, d-90, nas