Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Oh this thread has taken a horrible turn for the worse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2010, 03:44 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

supports

Dave,
Thank you for taking the pictures of the rear tub support. Those are different from the ones I had made (very different).
I have a set of those and they will not work on my 94 ST nor the 94 that I am building. What year are those rear tub supports from and was the truck a ST or SW?

I will get some pictures up....promise.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I have no idea, they came with a bunch of other parts.

Would really like to see a picture of the ones you are having made as they might work better for my application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
Ron,
These are actually under the tub not inside the tub to the C pillar ones.
Clay

------ Follow up post added December 1st, 2010 07:52 PM ------

Dave,
I may be able to take a picture of the one on my truck but I didn't want to take a drive to the machine shop for a photo (I hope that doesn't sound harsh - not meant to be) as they open at 9:30 and I have to be a work by 8:30-9:00 ish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

Smile

here is my pic A pillar support,94 Rear C pillar support and 97 C pillar support
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	defcageparts.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	33711  
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

I don't have a lot of time right now to dig through this, 8 crazy nights is not an exaggeration! But, I think the angle iron Dave posted is right for that A pillar - one of those pictures looked like the correct \___/ bar Clay and I would need on our '94s, but the others didn't. I also am not sure if that bar is welded or bolted underneath. I don't have my truck on hand to check out.

Ron - PM me on the prices for the pieces you have that sound like the above!

Will check back tomorrow when I have some more time!

Thanks - great thread.

Jerod
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:02 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

A Bar/Bulkhead support Pics and Prices

O.k. here are the pictures for the A Bar bulkhead support. Now keep in mind that these are modeled after a 94 which means that they have an extra little bracket at the bottom to affix the bar support to the frame which 95s and 97s I don't think have. So all you have to do is tell the machine shop not to include the bracket at the bottom.
The machine shop will charge $240 for a pair or $160 for a single. If you are interested PM me and I will put you in touch with James at the machine shop. You will be dealing directly with him on the parts. Though I like you guys, I am not doing this for profit so I am defering any of you who want them to the shop that is making them. They are a Toyota and Lexus independent who fabricate race and off-road parts here in San Diego.

Also, I have included a shot of my shoe as that seems to be the new trend on the forum - See Besttop tailboard clips request thread in the wanted section
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A Bar Supports.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	33823   Click image for larger version

Name:	A bar Supports2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	33824  

Old December 7th, 2010, 10:07 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

94 Tub supports

O.k. here are the pictures for the 94 tub support bulkhead support. Now keep in mind that these are modeled after a 94 which means that they they may be different from 95s and 97s. I am not sure what the differences are.

The machine shop will charge $160 for a pair or $120 for a single. If you are interested PM me and I will put you in touch with James at the machine shop. You will be dealing directly with him on the parts. Though I like you guys, I am defering any of you who want them to the shop that is making them as I am not doing this for profit.

They are a Toyota and Lexus independent who fabricate race and off-road parts here in San Diego.

One of the pictures has the original off the truck and you will notice 2 spacers that are welded to the support that the securing bolt goes through. The shop will include these spacers though they will not be welded.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	94 tub supports3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	33826  
Old December 7th, 2010, 10:12 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Tub supports different years

I have attached a picture of 2 different styles of tub supports. The one with Por 15 is from another defender which I am not sure what defenders it is made for. The Por 15 one won't work on my 94 ST but possibly one of you knows which truck it will fit and if you know which one please post it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	94 vs other year tub support.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	33828  
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:12 PM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Thanks Clay - I'm interested, but it might be a while until I have my truck back and get a look at the condition of my parts. Is this a pattern these guys in SD are keeping on file, or a one-time shot deal?
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:23 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

supports

Jerod,
I believe it will depend on how many orders they get. If they get a few they will draft up more concrete drawings for their files. If it is only onesi, twosi I would think it would be a limited time offer.
Clay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts