97 d90 a/c system. - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old July 30th, 2006, 09:43 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

I Set The Price Alright. For A Complete System. It Is For A 97 ,and I Was Considering Purchasing A New Unit From Rovers North.they Include The Compressor.

Now I Wish I Did.

Caveat Emptor.

Another Member Recently Offered An A/c System And Made It Clear That The Compressor Was Not Included. His Price Was $250 Less Than What I Paid.

Why Would Anyone Want To Keep The Compressor When They Remove The A/c System.
It Is A Simple Matter To Re-rig The Serpentine Belt.

Anyway,no Big Deal.......... We Just Had A Failure To Communicate.

I Just Want To Thank Mark And The Peanut Gallery For "educating Me".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2006, 09:29 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Angry

Hey Mark,what Is The Deal Here?

I Gave The System To My Tech To Install................he Is Beside Himself. This Whole System Is Junk! To Begin With, It Was Hacked Out Of Your Vehicle With No Thought What-so-ever To It Ever Being Re-installed. All The Hoses And Fittings Were Cut.....even Where All You Had To Do Was Unscrew One................my Tech{a Land Rover Master Tech} Says The Parts Are Pretty Much Rusted And Worthless...the Condensor Fan Is Seized.....the Evaporator Blower Motor Is Very Noisey.

I Buy A Lot Of Stuff Here And On Ebay........i Have Never Complained About Anything.perfect Feedback On Two Ebay Acccounts Totalling About Three Hundred Items.

This Is Too Much... You Told Me The System Was Checked And Working Fine..........well,there Is No Way In Hell That It Was.

I Would Like To Return The System To You For A Refund. I Paid You Twelve Hundred Dollars For This Stuff And It Is Worhtless.

I Will Post Pics Of The Parts For Any Of You That Want To See What I Got For My $$$$$$$$$.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:17 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Yikes....

Hope you guys can sort this out. Post the pictures, maybe someone else will want it delivered to them next.

Sounds like this guy needs something to bolt in and work, not a fixer upper.

JP
peanut gallery indeed

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:38 AM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
Ken, it worked fine. Call Copley. Stew and Keith had it serviced before they sold the truck to me. I have the repair order to back it up. I told you about the two lines that were cut because the fittings did not co-operate. Perhaps you should find a better tech. The truck is a new england truck so the parts are not going to look new but they did function correctly without any noises or issues, and the blower was never noisey!

Can anyone say buyer's remorse........
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:03 AM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

give the guy his money back.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

this cracks me up 6 weeks now and the poor guy still doesnt have air. there is always 07
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

IT IS AUGUST IN FLORIDA,AND I DO NOT HAVE A/C..........TRUST ME,I DO NOT HAVE BUYER'S REMORSE....I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE MY DEFENDER.....

I DO NOT NEED A NEW TECH EITHER.......AS I SAID HE IS FACTORY MASTER TECH...THE BEST.
HE DID ALL THE A/C INSTALLS WHEN THESE TRUCKS WERE NEW. HE ALSO INSTALLED MARTIN PODGORSKI'S USED A/C SYSTEM WITH NO TROUBLE AT ALL.....

THE PROBELM IS THAT THIS SYSTEM IS RUSTED AND WAS BUTCHERED.......I WISH IT WEREN'T SO...........WHO HAS TIME FOR THIS HEADACHE?

I AM NOT A COMPLAINER.......CHECK OUT MY EBAY FEEDBACKS......SAME USER I.D AS HERE.

IT IS IN OUR BEST INTERESTS TO WORK THIS OUT AND MOVE ON......I AM SURE THE D-90 COMMUNITY WOULD AGREE.

ATB,
KEN
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:27 PM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
Martin Podgorski? What! Who's that? Anyway, As stated, the unit was fine when removed disclosures made about the cut lines. All I am willing to offer, since the a/c was working fine when removed and recently serviced by Copley's, is a goodwill paypal refund of $200.00. That will buy the lines and the cond. parts.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Ken is referring to a A/C system that I purchased here from a member in Oklahoma. I got it and the same Tech installed it. It worked then and worked when I sold the truck. This was a couple years back, I could have gotten a new kit but decided to go used. It was that event that made Ken purchase a used system rather then getting the Rovers North New System.

To keep your reputation here, I think it would be best that you take back the A/C system. Its not buyers remorse, sound like you've spent the cash. He needs air for the truck, you ever been in Florida in the summer, it like January in North Adirondacks, not fun.

"Bubba" is your nickname, isnt that who your supposed to watch out for when you get sent to Prison?
You from Plattsburg or Champlain. I remember you listing some vehicles on eBay.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Charlie Wenzel??

97 D90 SW
Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:59 AM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

give the guy his money back, if your A/C is really ok, I'm sure you won't have any problems selling it to someone else.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:22 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Maybe give him his money back minus shipping and handling. I see both sides to this story.

LR master techs like to work with new parts or like new parts. They are rather finicky as the parts department often spoils them during Land Rover repairs. And some people should know better then to buy used parts if they are not prepared to deal with the inherant nature of dealing with installing used parts.

When you had problems dismantling the system you should have taken pictures and emailed them the condition of the system after its removal. This would have given him a chance to back out or agree to dealing with its problems. Sounds like you at least told him of the cut lines. Cutting the lines is a common occurance with siezed fittings. Then you dissect the siezed fittings from the hardware.

If you let him return it, have it sent to me and I will check it out and repair it for you to sell on to someone else. As well as post its condition here for people to observe. Not for free of course.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Turns Out This A/c System Came Out Of A 150k + Mile Rust Bucket....no Wonder It Is So Corroded........and If That Wan't Bad Enough....it Was Ripped Out Of The Car With No Thought What So Ever Of It Having To Be Reinstalled......

It Is Now Late August And I Still Cannot Drive My 97 Defender............this A/c Thing Has Me Annoyed To The Point Where I Am Losing Interest In The Vehicle....it's Upsetting To Think That A Member Of Our Community Would Blatantly Rip-off Another Member.....

Mark,if You Want To Make This Right.........$200 Doesn't Quite Cover It............either Buy It Back Or Refund Me Enough To Cover The Condensor Fan,lines,blower Motor............

By The Way,stuart Is Not Vouching For The Integrity Of That Unit........i Happen To Know Him And Spoke To Him About It.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:49 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
From LRX:

Advertisement to SELL; Product: PARTS; Price: 800; (Currency: US Dollars)
Full A/C System for Land Rover Defender Complete kit

I have a Complete Air conditioning Kit for a any defender. Its complete with all parts to make your defender turn to a air conditioned vehicle. Your will only have to buy the belt! I am open to offers so please feel free to call me with an offer thanks Nat

Nat Mundy.
New Canaan, Connecticut, United States of America - 23 August 2006
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:41 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Sue him. Please do it in delaware chancery court.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, d90