94 3.9l V8 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old August 4th, 2009, 09:43 PM
dimcon
Chris Goldie
94 D90

94 3.9l V8

I'm getting back to my project so its time to generate some money.
I've got the 3.9 that I pulled from my 94 90. Full disclosure - it was involved in a fire that pretty much melted everything plastic on the top end. It had just under 99k when this happened and is sitting in storage. Since I have pulled the valve covers and plenum, throughly cleaned them and reinstalled. The motor sat for a while in the truck after the fire and seized up. I filled the cylinders with WD40 and got it to spin by hand. I then put power to the starter and spun it for a couple of minutes total with the valve covers off and saw nothing binding. I have replaced the fuel injectors and just about all of the electrical sensors. Also replaced the distributor cap and rotor alaong with the fan blade. There is one or two small things I know I didn't replace and can't remember what they were. I bought an alternator but had to trim the ears to make it fit, came from Ebay so it may not be the right one. I have new hoses, PCV tune up kit, belts, ignition coil, a used MAS, fuel pressure regulator and have new bolts that came with a gasket kit from Atlantic British ( don't have the kit anymore). I also bought a engine harness that is for a Disco so it may need to modified, never got that far into it along with a ECM from a same year Range Rover. The original has some exterior scorch marks but is clean on the inside and may be fine. I'll include the exhaust system which has new oxygen sensors if desired, if not I can sell to some one else that may need it. Keep in mind that the most of the sensors and igintion coil are not genuine but are from the replacement list in the tech articles. I feel comfortable that it will run just fine but since I decided to put a diesl in mine I never finished with this motor.Considering everything above I think $500 seems fair. Not to big on shipping but will if someone sets it up. Let me know if there is interest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2009, 02:33 PM
dimcon
Chris Goldie
94 D90

Anyone want to make an offer, have no use for this thing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
v8