Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2014, 05:53 AM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
Are you parting out the Silver Beastie?
Yeah, I hate to do it but it didn't get the use it should and it was wasting away so I figured roll the parts I need into my 90 and pass the rest along.
Old October 31st, 2014, 04:36 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Krawlers and bead lock wheels are paid for..... Bitches..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2014, 04:47 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
now start building something with all this cool shit you have .
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 31st, 2014, 04:48 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
'Aint no one gonna RURR for you if you keep this up - ya bloody drongo - trust you have shares in FedEx
Old October 31st, 2014, 05:24 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka rover View Post
now start building something with all this cool shit you have .
That would require him getting off of D90 for more than 5 minutes....
Old October 31st, 2014, 05:52 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
'Aint no one gonna RURR for you if you keep this up - ya bloody drongo - trust you have shares in FedEx
I wouldn't ask someone to rurr those stinking big bumpers and krawlers.. and the amount of crap I've been buying lately I have a shipper running up and down the east coast anyway..but I appreciate your concern..thanks..yobbo

------ Follow up post added October 31st, 2014 05:56 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
That would require him getting off of D90 for more than 5 minutes....
When I have a new project in the works I see the stuff I need for it and buy it.. Pretty much got most of the stuff I need for the 130 build and this disco 1 stuff I may either end up putting on a play truck I have here with the intention of selling it to a customer........or I may just sell it off again.. Or I may just throw it in with the group buy inventory...
Old October 31st, 2014, 06:51 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
this disco 1 stuff I may either end up putting on a play truck I have here with the intention of selling it to a customer........or I may just sell it off again.. Or I may just throw it in with the group buy inventory...
Ahhhh, there it is. I was wondering how much of the items you buy in the private Classifieds end up on customers trucks or are turned around and sold at profit. I'm actually quite surprised the D90 Staff allows a Rover Repair and Modification business to buy items from the For Sale section, especially given the blatant advertising in the Username. Interesting, for sure......
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:05 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

If you read my post it says... To put on one of my own play trucks...with the intention of selling (at a later date when I'm done playing with it) to a customer. (Or anyone else who wants to pay me for it) ..I'm a land rover repair shop... I get customers come in all the time having their land rovers fixed... And they ask if I have something they can take out in the woods camping with their kids... I wasn't aware I need to justify what I do with stuff......I guess we should have a problem with land rover repair shops selling stuff also , let's do that and see how many things come up for sale in the classified sections also... 99% of the stuff I buy is for my OWN PERSONAL trucks...I'll be happy to run it by you and ask your permission to buy something in the future... When off road equipment by safari guard or lots of other components are available new, I would buy them from the respective manufacturers...until then I will buy whatever the freak I like from wherever the freak I want..I don't sell used parts to customers.. And especially not off road components...this is the city of nothingness, we don't have a big demand for off road vehicles unless we drive 6 hours north I to a small forest.. So when the powers that be tell me I can't buy stuff unless I get written permission from someone who matters, I will comtinue to buy what I like... once I decide what I want to use I may sell the parts back off, and maybe, just maybe I will do it on here...or maybe I will sell to a customer, but I highly doubt the latter... And with the eagle eyes on this board I would not have the orda

------ Follow up post added October 31st, 2014 07:06 PM ------

Even I would not have the balls to charge more than I paid for it... And I challenge anyone to stand up and say that I have sold anything here at an unfair price...so blow me..
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:19 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
Ahhhh, there it is. I was wondering how much of the items you buy in the private Classifieds end up on customers trucks or are turned around and sold at profit. I'm actually quite surprised the D90 Staff allows a Rover Repair and Modification business to buy items from the For Sale section, especially given the blatant advertising in the Username. Interesting, for sure......
Not sure why that is a bad thing. Building a ready market for people who want to sell all things Defender related encourages more sellers to come here and offer more products as they see the pace at which items sell which is better for all concerned. You just have to be quick on the draw with cash on hand to beat out the Aussie.
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:21 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

If you say so then so be it. I've just never witnessed any rover business owner buy so many parts through the Classifieds for their own personal vehicles. Maybe it's that most other ones I've known make a distinction between their business and themselves. When they want to do official vendor/business things they use the business account, when they do personal things they use their own account.

It doesn't surprise me you want me to blow you since you're always telling people to "lick your balls". Nice.
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:29 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Dude.. čouve got the wrong guy...I've never said to someone to lick my balls."guess it's just wishful thinking on your behalf.. And the vendors section is for people selling....what have you seen me sell....look at what I've bought and you will see its for my 130 build..or any of my camel trucks...or my own bush trucks.. I didn't think I need to apologise to the less fortunate for owning more than one truck..face it, your comments to me were out of line and out of jealousy..
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:45 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Not jealously, I can assure you that.
Old October 31st, 2014, 08:45 PM
Hardtimes
Russell Newhall
110dc, 110sw, 97 nas90 LE

Registry
I know this is a for sale ad, but thought it was interesting this came up since Brewie212 and I were chatting about it last night. As much as I hate that rover shop is buying everything it is only because deep down I am in fact jealous. Those of us that own defenders and always plan on owning one realize just how hard some parts are to find and as such sometimes lick something well before even thinking what/when/how we are going to use it. Some take it further than others and I know of quite a few members that have ten plus bumpers etc... sitting around.. without a running truck

I personally think that is what makes the community so unique. Not only can we create great friendships, but if you know a guy who knows a guy, it is amazing what unobtanium can be found.
Old October 31st, 2014, 08:55 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
Not jealously, I can assure you that.
Do you have a Defender?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts