300tdi and r380 for sale. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old September 8th, 2017, 04:35 PM
broke1g
jeff
discovery 2 defender 90

300tdi and r380 for sale.

This is a great running 300tdi backed with a smooth shifting r380. This motor has 200 miles on the head. (not new) pressure tested all even minor seeps machined and fixed decked flat and reinstalled with new oem bolts and head gasket. All receipts for machine work in hand. I put less than 1000 miles on it in total and it never missed a beat even in the dead of winter. I am having trouble coming up with a price for it. I will not sell it until I have leak down and compression tested it. Running great doesn't always mean its right. I pulled it for a LS swap and its just rolling around on a cart like "LT. Dan" looking sad I don't really want to get rid of it but I have a new shop being built and more engines than a normal human. It is not a freshly hot tanked and painted motor I haven't even brake cleaned or pressure washed it. I am confident it is going to pass comp test no problem. a video would bring both parties some peace of mind. I figure I can sell this motor how it sits or if someone wants a totally clean perfect engine I am more that happy to tear it down hot tank it, have the crank and journals polished and checked, stick OEM or better bearings in it and paint or powder coat the block and pan. I overhauled caterpiller and international engines before I moved to landys, as well as having a couple 1000+ hp motors under my belt. Help me out guys shoot some numbers my way. Make an offer.

No, I will not take 18 dollars an Alpine window and 2 left outer fenders. theirs's always that guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2017, 04:48 PM
PabloCocito
Pablo Cocito
1987 Defender Tithonus

Price?
Old September 8th, 2017, 05:26 PM
broke1g
jeff
discovery 2 defender 90

The last one on eBay sold for 4500 dollars 300tdi r380 and 1.2 basically a disco drop out. I have a history with the seller. What he is selling is an unproven roll of the dice. See pictures for how that turned out...
I am going to just say I will sell this set up with the chassis mounts and down pipe for 4500. It will be checked over first before any deal is done or monies paid. If I even have a question the bottom end isn't right I will either change the price to reflect or refurbish the bottom end. I want whoever gets this to get 10 years out of it without a major problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hopkins 300tdi truck.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	293993   Click image for larger version

Name:	hopkins bad feedback.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	294001  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2017, 05:28 PM
speedpin
Adam
Looking ;)

Registry
Pipes,hose, intercooler, radiator, power steering pump?
Thx
Old September 8th, 2017, 06:04 PM
broke1g
jeff
discovery 2 defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpin View Post
Pipes,hose, intercooler, radiator, power steering pump?
Thx
Yep, all charge pipes radiator take it all. the harness as well. I love tdis to death but I have changed directions with my builds. Power steering lines are cut they will have to be remade or purchased. IMO the chassis mounts are pretty funky and could be remade 100 times better with "rectangle DOM tube" a sawall and drill. No trans cross member Unless that was a complete dealbreaker this crossmember jerry rigged to fit anyway. Any other questions fire away. If you want any work done to it before it leaves let me know what your thinking
Old November 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Billykhunkhun
Billy
1991, Defender 110 EX MOD

Did the leakdown pan out???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
300tdi, for sale, r380, tdi