Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old March 24th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Teasing?

As I wrote today before being interrupted...
...the D90 used as test mule had the VE pump set more aggressively than mine (weekend warrior),
straight air intake (with foam filter) and custom injectors nozzles.
The dyno chart reported 167HP (IIRC), then the fuel pump had was de-tuned a bit 'cos the truck was - accordingly to my mate - hard to control, it kept digging
Temperature within limits!
I should get more details, like the dyno chart.

Sincerely that sounds too much to my taste, so I preferred a more "conservative" setup.
+109" IIA ex-military

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sketches and doodles:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[O]===[O]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2010, 05:10 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

Now there's a vote for moderation!

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..
Old April 7th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Thumbs up

Kits on the way!

+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2010, 04:59 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

At long last!!!!!
The kits have arrived in Houston, Sorry Chris I can't have your's diverted..

I expect to start shipping early next week provided they clear customs.

Time to start another group buy? Price will depend on how much I take it in the shorts on this one.

Old April 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Thumbs up

YEEEEEEEEEEE!

I can breathe now...
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:57 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

EVO Kits have finally arrived!

The parts look nice.
Unfortunately they are not in individual boxes as was expected but bulk packages of specific parts.
Again a delay I will get the packaging figured out and move then on to you guys as quickly as I can!

Old June 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

Any extra kits? I just joined the Defender TDI club (well, the swap is in progress - no turning back now!)
Old June 6th, 2010, 09:54 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

No extra's... Sorry, BUT!!!!! We can ask the guys on the board for another long and drawn out process to get some more..
The performance is truly worth it, it actually feels like I could pull an overdrive!!!! Mid range torque is great and economy has inceased. 0 to sixty? Almost 16 seconds!!!! of course I'm at 5300 feet.

Old June 7th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
It could be done...I'll speak to Keith and see...
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:42 AM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

OK, keep me in the loop!
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
School me please, why wouldn't this kit work on a 200tdi?

Semper Fi!
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:31 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

I don't see why it wouldn't, but there are individuals on this board that know more about the 200 that could answer the question better.
Of course if that is the case then there should also be a few extra 300 turbo's and manifolds out there for dropping a Disco 200 into a LHD Defender.

Old July 12th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I've got a Disco 200tdi right now and my understanding is that I need to change my intake anyway to do a LHD conversion.

Semper Fi!
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:42 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

I can't say that for sure the 300 manifold will fit directly on because I've never done it. The bolt pattern on the head looks to be the same and it doesn't seem that there would be much in the way on the 200 to obstruct the 300 manifold.
I do know that a Disco 200 turdo leaves you with no room for a steering shaft on a LHD Defender.
That said I have a 300 Manifold and down pipe in good condition for sale
http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=27167&hl=

Old July 13th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by revor View Post
I can't say that for sure the 300 manifold will fit directly on because I've never done it. The bolt pattern on the head looks to be the same and it doesn't seem that there would be much in the way on the 200 to obstruct the 300 manifold.
I do know that a Disco 200 turdo leaves you with no room for a steering shaft on a LHD Defender.
That said I have a 300 Manifold and down pipe in good condition for sale
http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=27167&hl=

I may be interested, what about the turbo itself? It may worth it to test fit your bits just to make sure the kit will bolt up. I want to eventually do a LHD conversion, so this might help that along.

Semper Fi!
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:20 PM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

I have a 300TDI turbo and manifold installed on my disco 200tdi, so i could do the LHD conversion. The outlet of the turbo is still very close to the steering column because of how far back the 200 sits, but it does fit. It bolted right on, but I think i may have had to enlarge one hole on the 300 manifold, but it was more of a Land Rover tolerance thing. I can take pictures if anyone wants them.
Old February 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

Looks like there are no more 'group buys', and I can't justify the cost of paying ~$2600 for a kit shipped from the UK. Does anyone have a parts list for the EVO kit? Really, it seems to me the key components are:

1) the VNT
2) the exhaust manifold

Everything else looks like fairly simple plumbing.

* I can source VN Turbos from SA or China but I need a P/N/model #.

* I don't have a source on the exhaust manifold yet... I need one... worst case, there is a manufacturer who does one-off castings for a couple hundred dollars in the LA area. of course I'd need to machine the thing... but I have some contacts for that. If someone has a not-yet-installed 2.8PS and would lend out the exhaust manifold to make a pattern that would be great :-D

I could see the turbo + manifold it for under $1K.. and plumbing should be easy enough to fabricate up. This I could justify....
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:11 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Anyone up for another group buy?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
you can talk to Rene in Miami for sourcing the turbo (http://www.guerrainternational.com/e...an_ranger.html).

As for the manifold, I'm thinking the manifold ports and studs might be same as the 300tdi. you can order a 2.8 intake and exhaust manifold gasket for cheap from Rene, and compare to the 300 tdi gaskets to confirm. That gasket will tell you as well how it needs to match up for a custom inlet. if they are the same as 300 tdi, you could just order the intake and exhaust from the 2.8 and be done. I think the only diff after that is alignment of how the turbo matches up to the exhaust, and that's just tubing.

Just tried posting a pic of my 2.8 turbo data plate so you can have part number but there's some forum issue producing errors right now. The TGV part no is 724652-0001 (79517) made by Garrett.

BTW, pricing from Rene here is same as sourcing direct from M&D for this turbo, currently around $1700 USD shipped. A while back when I was trying to source a replacement turbo domestically, I did talk to the authorized Garrett agent in TX and he could source for $1500. anyway you look at it, it's a damn expensive turbo.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Michael
Michael
Discovery 1998

I believe MDs kit includes pistons, crankshaft, all new bearings/seals too, with the 300tdi cylinders bored a bit. Right?? Or is a stage 2 kit?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
300 tdi, kit, tdi