2010 defender 110 td5 6 speed rolled and bent frame.. - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old January 30th, 2013, 09:53 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
So any idea how it got rolled?
Drug-lord's high speed chase, running from los federales... Es Mejico manito.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2013, 10:24 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
I'd check the car before i went over the border for bags of white powder if thats the case!
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:46 AM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Ze,

I was offered this truck about a year ago and tried to make a deal on it. I walked away.
I don't think you want it and I don't think you want to make a deal with the Mexicans who have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2013, 12:54 AM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

Jack. Thanks for the advice. I was just trying to find out some details on it to see if it was doable.
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:58 AM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Everything is there and it runs, but the story is really weird.
The tow truck driver at the scene of the accident ended up with the truck and it's sitting at his house in Loreto if I recall correctly. It sounds like the Australians really bailed out in a hurry. I think it might have been a fatality accident.
Either way, the people are really difficult and the deal is very Mexico. I think you know what I mean...
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:12 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

And Jack is not one to be afraid to travel into and out of Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ View Post
Everything is there and it runs, but the story is really weird.
The tow truck driver at the scene of the accident ended up with the truck and it's sitting at his house in Loreto if I recall correctly. It sounds like the Australians really bailed out in a hurry. I think it might have been a fatality accident.
Either way, the people are really difficult and the deal is very Mexico. I think you know what I mean...
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:22 AM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
And Jack is not one to be afraid to travel into and out of Mexico.

Precisely.
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:59 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I knew there was going to be more to the story than I was being told but I didn't dig because I didn't care..I only wanted to take all the parts and take nothing that can be traced to a title or pose a problem coming over the border. I wrote the 50000 on the window because I was trying to buy just the engine and trans etc but the guy wouldn't part it.. I left a deposit so that I could go back down there with a trailer and remove it from where it sits and take it to a friends place close by and part it out there where no-one knows where it went to and then just dispose of the rest.. This is all included in the price. I am just not sure I am going to have the time etc to go back and do it isn't the problem but to bring it back and then do the conversion would take longer than I want and other reasons like I stated previously... I will be in England with my truck in a years time and doing a pseudo restoration then is the time to do an upgrade of this magnitude or less..and then I have my other camels to drive while I do it... I had no trouble dealing with the guy who I dealt with but not sure if its the same guys as before,, but I was also only giving him money.. Everybody is easy to deal with under those circumstances..I am still in San Diego and could drive back to where it is with someone to finalize the deal and then what they do with it after that is up to them.. If nobody else wants it then that's fine also.. I may just grab a truck and go back, disassemble it and bring it back but then e price is more..
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:19 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Seems like a no brainer to me. If the guy is a tow truck driver just have him bring it across the border for you with you in the passenger seat. As your personal vehicle that rolled.
To much work to strip it down there. You will leave to many needed parts with the hulk that a drivetrain conversion would need to be complete.
If it has a nefarious past just cut it up when you get it north. I am sure someone will come buy it from you with a trailer to load it up on then. Just an easy days work riding in a tow truck that way. Finish paying him on the north end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I knew there was going to be more to the story than I was being told but I didn't dig because I didn't care..I only wanted to take all the parts and take nothing that can be traced to a title or pose a problem coming over the border. I wrote the 50000 on the window because I was trying to buy just the engine and trans etc but the guy wouldn't part it.. I left a deposit so that I could go back down there with a trailer and remove it from where it sits and take it to a friends place close by and part it out there where no-one knows where it went to and then just dispose of the rest.. This is all included in the price. I am just not sure I am going to have the time etc to go back and do it isn't the problem but to bring it back and then do the conversion would take longer than I want and other reasons like I stated previously... I will be in England with my truck in a years time and doing a pseudo restoration then is the time to do an upgrade of this magnitude or less..and then I have my other camels to drive while I do it... I had no trouble dealing with the guy who I dealt with but not sure if its the same guys as before,, but I was also only giving him money.. Everybody is easy to deal with under those circumstances..I am still in San Diego and could drive back to where it is with someone to finalize the deal and then what they do with it after that is up to them.. If nobody else wants it then that's fine also.. I may just grab a truck and go back, disassemble it and bring it back but then e price is more..

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Just as a side note,,, if anybody wants to do this please remind me that I have to bring the ecu's and theft control unit with me..I removed them from the vehicle after I gave him a deposit.. Not that I don't trust him or anything.. Just as a you know..precaution. Lol..I'd hate to have to try and get a new one of those.. You need to provide all sorts of info and looots of money and then they have to be programmed...
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
UtahD90
Adam Harward
1995 Defender 90 SW

Registry
Pm sent
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post

There is no such thing as a high speed chase in a Defender.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
gravitysucks
Andy
94 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
..I only wanted to take all the parts and take nothing that can be traced to a title or pose a problem coming over the border...

Might be a good time to point out that engines and (many) transmission can be traced back to a title. They will also check paperwork at the border, and more than likely not allow the engine/trans across without any (that's from a Border Patrol agent).
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post

There is no such thing as a high speed chase in a Defender.
Have you seen Lelo's Truck down I-495???

I was having a hard time catching up with my VW 2.0T.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

As mentioned before.. There will be a receipt given for the parts only or the complete vehicle for a parts only non-repairable... I guess there is always the possibility that the cartel stole the vehicle in Australia and brought it over here into Baja just to be inconspicuous and using it for mulling coke, coz nothing screams inconspicuous like a rhd new defender with a bunch of well dressed Mexicans in Baja coming across the border like this......think about it guys.. You're a bunch of guys from Australia driving around the world in a defender and you roll the sucker over in Baja California, whether it is a fatality or not you don't have too many options.. It's probably not insured for total loss in another third world country, it's not worth getting it repaired over here and it's not worth shipping it back to Australia to have it repaired and its not a viable proposition to try and sell it in Baja especially if you just want to get back home..I have already sent the vin to a buddy in Australia to see what he can dig up on it but I would say they probably just chalked it up to an expensive lesson learned and that's it..if it had been a fatality I am sure the police would have been involved and the vehicle would not be where it's now...
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Audiophile31
Andrew
01 D2

Mexican police are not like American police. That place is corrupt and they don't care. Anyone who thinks that its a walk in the park there is off their rocker.
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:08 AM
headdamage
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi

Funny that I just found this tread. I had a guy looking at my project 110 (stripped 1987 body and frame with no engine or interior) a week or so back. He was talking about bringing a crashed 2010 110 up from the Baja that an Australian had left there and using the parts to finish my truck if he bought if from me. This is up in Calgary, I wonder how many people are watching that truck and hatching schemes?
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Audiophile31
Andrew
01 D2

I found this thread while I was searching for a good complete body (for reasons other than buying this pile and bringing it back). It had an interesting title so i read it, but there's just something far too sketchy about this. If it was that great an exporter would have brought it in.
Old February 5th, 2015, 04:08 PM
CJ7-2010LRDefender
Rafael
defender 2010

It's in Loreto, Baja Sur. I've already payed for it and it's delivered to a friend property. I have stopped by already. I have a shop in Ensenada that can do the swap but I am looking into the logistics regarding the swap, 650 mile drive north to the shop, etc. They are able but we didn't expect to deal with the cut computer wiring.
Old February 5th, 2015, 04:28 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-2010LRDefender View Post
It's in Loreto, Baja Sur. I've already payed for it and it's delivered to a friend property. I have stopped by already. I have a shop in Ensenada that can do the swap but I am looking into the logistics regarding the swap, 650 mile drive north to the shop, etc. They are able but we didn't expect to deal with the cut computer wiring.
look for a complete harness in the UK salvage yards ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, td5