2010 defender 110 td5 6 speed rolled and bent frame.. - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:53 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,689
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
So any idea how it got rolled?
Drug-lord's high speed chase, running from los federales... Es Mejico manito.
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #62  
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:24 PM
JohnsD90's Avatar
JohnsD90
Status: Online
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 2,282
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
Drug-lord's high speed chase, running from los federales... Es Mejico manito.
I'd check the car before i went over the border for bags of white powder if thats the case!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:46 AM
JSQ's Avatar
JSQ
Status: Offline
Jack Quinlan
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 582
Ze,

I was offered this truck about a year ago and tried to make a deal on it. I walked away.
I don't think you want it and I don't think you want to make a deal with the Mexicans who have it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #64  
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:54 AM
surf110's Avatar
surf110
Status: Offline
Ze
130 Project
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SD, CA
Posts: 543
Jack. Thanks for the advice. I was just trying to find out some details on it to see if it was doable.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:58 AM
JSQ's Avatar
JSQ
Status: Offline
Jack Quinlan
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 582
Everything is there and it runs, but the story is really weird.
The tow truck driver at the scene of the accident ended up with the truck and it's sitting at his house in Loreto if I recall correctly. It sounds like the Australians really bailed out in a hurry. I think it might have been a fatality accident.
Either way, the people are really difficult and the deal is very Mexico. I think you know what I mean...
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:12 AM
CDeWan
Status: Offline
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,493
110

And Jack is not one to be afraid to travel into and out of Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ View Post
Everything is there and it runs, but the story is really weird.
The tow truck driver at the scene of the accident ended up with the truck and it's sitting at his house in Loreto if I recall correctly. It sounds like the Australians really bailed out in a hurry. I think it might have been a fatality accident.
Either way, the people are really difficult and the deal is very Mexico. I think you know what I mean...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:22 AM
JSQ's Avatar
JSQ
Status: Offline
Jack Quinlan
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
And Jack is not one to be afraid to travel into and out of Mexico.

Precisely.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:59 PM
the rover shop
Status: Offline
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ft lauderdale florida
Posts: 5,225
I knew there was going to be more to the story than I was being told but I didn't dig because I didn't care..I only wanted to take all the parts and take nothing that can be traced to a title or pose a problem coming over the border. I wrote the 50000 on the window because I was trying to buy just the engine and trans etc but the guy wouldn't part it.. I left a deposit so that I could go back down there with a trailer and remove it from where it sits and take it to a friends place close by and part it out there where no-one knows where it went to and then just dispose of the rest.. This is all included in the price. I am just not sure I am going to have the time etc to go back and do it isn't the problem but to bring it back and then do the conversion would take longer than I want and other reasons like I stated previously... I will be in England with my truck in a years time and doing a pseudo restoration then is the time to do an upgrade of this magnitude or less..and then I have my other camels to drive while I do it... I had no trouble dealing with the guy who I dealt with but not sure if its the same guys as before,, but I was also only giving him money.. Everybody is easy to deal with under those circumstances..I am still in San Diego and could drive back to where it is with someone to finalize the deal and then what they do with it after that is up to them.. If nobody else wants it then that's fine also.. I may just grab a truck and go back, disassemble it and bring it back but then e price is more..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:19 PM
pendy's Avatar
pendy
Status: Offline
jim pendleton
89'd90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: andover, ks usa
Posts: 2,341
Seems like a no brainer to me. If the guy is a tow truck driver just have him bring it across the border for you with you in the passenger seat. As your personal vehicle that rolled.
To much work to strip it down there. You will leave to many needed parts with the hulk that a drivetrain conversion would need to be complete.
If it has a nefarious past just cut it up when you get it north. I am sure someone will come buy it from you with a trailer to load it up on then. Just an easy days work riding in a tow truck that way. Finish paying him on the north end.



Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I knew there was going to be more to the story than I was being told but I didn't dig because I didn't care..I only wanted to take all the parts and take nothing that can be traced to a title or pose a problem coming over the border. I wrote the 50000 on the window because I was trying to buy just the engine and trans etc but the guy wouldn't part it.. I left a deposit so that I could go back down there with a trailer and remove it from where it sits and take it to a friends place close by and part it out there where no-one knows where it went to and then just dispose of the rest.. This is all included in the price. I am just not sure I am going to have the time etc to go back and do it isn't the problem but to bring it back and then do the conversion would take longer than I want and other reasons like I stated previously... I will be in England with my truck in a years time and doing a pseudo restoration then is the time to do an upgrade of this magnitude or less..and then I have my other camels to drive while I do it... I had no trouble dealing with the guy who I dealt with but not sure if its the same guys as before,, but I was also only giving him money.. Everybody is easy to deal with under those circumstances..I am still in San Diego and could drive back to where it is with someone to finalize the deal and then what they do with it after that is up to them.. If nobody else wants it then that's fine also.. I may just grab a truck and go back, disassemble it and bring it back but then e price is more..
__________________
legend in my own mind

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:10 AM
the rover shop
Status: Offline
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ft lauderdale florida
Posts: 5,225
Just as a side note,,, if anybody wants to do this please remind me that I have to bring the ecu's and theft control unit with me..I removed them from the vehicle after I gave him a deposit.. Not that I don't trust him or anything.. Just as a you know..precaution. Lol..I'd hate to have to try and get a new one of those.. You need to provide all sorts of info and looots of money and then they have to be programmed...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
UtahD90
Status: Offline
Adam Harward
1995 Defender 90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 110
Registry
Pm sent
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer
Status: Offline
JP
2008 RRSC
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northeast
Posts: 919
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post

Drug-lord's high speed chase, running from los federales... Es Mejico manito.
There is no such thing as a high speed chase in a Defender.
__________________
"These are the best traveled nuts on d-90 . . ." ABrooks
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
gravitysucks's Avatar
gravitysucks
Status: Offline
Andy
94 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 126
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
..I only wanted to take all the parts and take nothing that can be traced to a title or pose a problem coming over the border...

Might be a good time to point out that engines and (many) transmission can be traced back to a title. They will also check paperwork at the border, and more than likely not allow the engine/trans across without any (that's from a Border Patrol agent).
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,689
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post

There is no such thing as a high speed chase in a Defender.
Have you seen Lelo's Truck down I-495???

I was having a hard time catching up with my VW 2.0T.
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
the rover shop
Status: Offline
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ft lauderdale florida
Posts: 5,225
As mentioned before.. There will be a receipt given for the parts only or the complete vehicle for a parts only non-repairable... I guess there is always the possibility that the cartel stole the vehicle in Australia and brought it over here into Baja just to be inconspicuous and using it for mulling coke, coz nothing screams inconspicuous like a rhd new defender with a bunch of well dressed Mexicans in Baja coming across the border like this......think about it guys.. You're a bunch of guys from Australia driving around the world in a defender and you roll the sucker over in Baja California, whether it is a fatality or not you don't have too many options.. It's probably not insured for total loss in another third world country, it's not worth getting it repaired over here and it's not worth shipping it back to Australia to have it repaired and its not a viable proposition to try and sell it in Baja especially if you just want to get back home..I have already sent the vin to a buddy in Australia to see what he can dig up on it but I would say they probably just chalked it up to an expensive lesson learned and that's it..if it had been a fatality I am sure the police would have been involved and the vehicle would not be where it's now...
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Audiophile31
Status: Offline
Andrew
01 D2
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chester, NJ
Posts: 5
Mexican police are not like American police. That place is corrupt and they don't care. Anyone who thinks that its a walk in the park there is off their rocker.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:08 AM
headdamage's Avatar
headdamage
Status: Offline
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Yellowknife NWT
Posts: 227
Funny that I just found this tread. I had a guy looking at my project 110 (stripped 1987 body and frame with no engine or interior) a week or so back. He was talking about bringing a crashed 2010 110 up from the Baja that an Australian had left there and using the parts to finish my truck if he bought if from me. This is up in Calgary, I wonder how many people are watching that truck and hatching schemes?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Audiophile31
Status: Offline
Andrew
01 D2
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chester, NJ
Posts: 5
I found this thread while I was searching for a good complete body (for reasons other than buying this pile and bringing it back). It had an interesting title so i read it, but there's just something far too sketchy about this. If it was that great an exporter would have brought it in.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old February 5th, 2015, 04:08 PM
CJ7-2010LRDefender's Avatar
CJ7-2010LRDefender
Status: Offline
Rafael
defender 2010
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cabo San Lucas Mexico
Posts: 6
It's in Loreto, Baja Sur. I've already payed for it and it's delivered to a friend property. I have stopped by already. I have a shop in Ensenada that can do the swap but I am looking into the logistics regarding the swap, 650 mile drive north to the shop, etc. They are able but we didn't expect to deal with the cut computer wiring.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old February 5th, 2015, 04:28 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-2010LRDefender View Post
It's in Loreto, Baja Sur. I've already payed for it and it's delivered to a friend property. I have stopped by already. I have a shop in Ensenada that can do the swap but I am looking into the logistics regarding the swap, 650 mile drive north to the shop, etc. They are able but we didn't expect to deal with the cut computer wiring.
look for a complete harness in the UK salvage yards ...
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, td5

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Copyright