2.8 TGV, Non running 300TDI, Roofs, Tub/trailer. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old March 26th, 2015, 12:21 PM
rherl
Richard Herlevi
1986 110

2.8 TGV, Non running 300TDI, Roofs, Tub/trailer.

I am doing a Defender build reset and have decided to go the LS swap route. As such I am putting my used 2.8 TGV up for sale. I bought it used from a member here about a year ago and never got it installed. It is still bolted to the pallet. I have added the heavy duty clutch form M&D, I have added the flywheel (which was resurfaced) and adapter plate from my 300tdi. I paid $5500 looking to get that out of it with the addition of the new heavy duty clutch and adapter plate for free.

I also have a non-running 300TDI. This was the original motor that arrived with my 300tdi. It ran well until the water pump when out. It never overheated but when I changed the pump out I decided to change the timing belt. I did something wrong in the timing belt change because after about 75 miles I had just pulled away from a stop sign going about 10 miles an hour and the timing belt broke. Some of the lifters were bent which I replaced but I was not able to get it running afterwords. I figured it was a timing issue, but I wanted a new motor anyway, so I pulled it and bought the 2.8. So non-running 300tdi with new water pump, new lifter pump. $500 OBO.

If you arrange the shipping I will put it on a pallet for you and strap it down. The 2.8 is still on the pallet and crate. The items below will need pickup so If you are in the Western US these are for you.

110 ribbed roof without alpine window. $250

110 flat top roof no alpine windows. It has some hole from utility lights and such. But is in great shape. $1000.

Lasalle Trim 110 headliner with alpine surrounds. Never installed. There is a paint chip on the front section that was there when it arrived. $1500. I do not have the original box. So I cannot ship this.

I built a trailer from the chassis of the original defender chassis and I had a max coupler articulating trailer hitch ($225) put on. It still has the salisbury rear axle on it at this point. I have 2 different 110 tubs that could go on it. One is an 86 tub that it in usable condition. The other is a 2001 TD5 tub in very good condition. I will also include a set of sides with the sale. $500 for the trailer with the 86 tub, $1000 for the TD5 tub on it. At this point I will not sell just the tub. I want the trailer gone as well. If you want the tub you inherit the trailer.

110 tub wings and sides. This is a tub I bought a while back that was in rough shape. I have taken it apart. The wings are in decent shape. The floor was pretty corroded but I will include it as well. The sides are in great shape. The cappings have some rust but are useable. The rear cappings are removed and need replacing. $500.

I have a heavy work week but will try and get pictures up today of the parts.

PM or email rherleviatgmaildotcom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2015, 12:41 PM
xplorUtah
Andrew P
1960 SII

Registry
PM'd you
1997 D90 SW #2496

"Fear profits man nothing"

1997 D90 SW #2139 Portofino Sold
1995 D90 ST #2445 Beluga Black Sold
1995 RRC SWB Beluga Black Sold
1986 110 200TDI "1 of 1" Sold
Old March 26th, 2015, 12:57 PM
rherl
Richard Herlevi
1986 110

300tdi sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
GLWS. Sounds like you've had some drama. I wonder what would break a new timing belt if you were able to get it running? Did you actually pull the timing cover to confirm it was broken?

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old March 26th, 2015, 03:02 PM
rherl
Richard Herlevi
1986 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
GLWS. Sounds like you've had some drama. I wonder what would break a new timing belt if you were able to get it running? Did you actually pull the timing cover to confirm it was broken?
I'm not sure why it broke. After the change it ran perfect for those few miles. When I pulled the cover off the belt was shredded. It looked liked it had crept forward and rubbed itself to smithereens against the cover. I thought maybe I had over torqued the tensioner.
Old March 26th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rherl View Post
I'm not sure why it broke. After the change it ran perfect for those few miles. When I pulled the cover off the belt was shredded. It looked liked it had crept forward and rubbed itself to smithereens against the cover. I thought maybe I had over torqued the tensioner.
Assuming you can turn the crank (pistons not seized due to overheating), my guess is the tensioner came loose. when you assemble the idler and tensioner, if you don't make sure that wheel is in the bracket hole of the other wheel when you mount it, after it runs, the whole thing can slip loose. It's what I was fearful of making a mistake on when I did my belt the first time.

if that's the issue on yours, then that is one hell of a deal you are offering on that tdi, for the cost of a new belt and timing cover gasket set.

I'm referring to this bit in the pic. See how the solo pulley fits in the hole on the bracket of the other pulley. if it's not in the recess when you tighten, it can slide to the side on the bolt and the pulley drops it's tension on the belt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	timingbelt003.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	116969  

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old March 26th, 2015, 08:21 PM
rherl
Richard Herlevi
1986 110

Headliner Sold
Old March 26th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Are you interested in shipping either motor?
Old March 26th, 2015, 08:59 PM
rherl
Richard Herlevi
1986 110

Yes I will ship. The 300tdi is sold. The 2.8 is already in a crate. You will just need to arrange pick up from a residential address. I need to shock with the local fastenal here.
Old March 27th, 2015, 08:52 PM
rherl
Richard Herlevi
1986 110

Trailer is Sold

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
300tdi, fs, roof, tdi