2.5 NA/2.5TD Fuel Filter head with NIB Filter. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 14th, 2013, 06:17 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

2.5 NA/2.5TD Fuel Filter head with NIB Filter.

For sale is a fuel filter head originally fit to 2.5NA (and I think) 2.5TD Rover motors. The head/filter is cross compatible with other domestic diesels (I found the filter widely available at NAPA, etc under "Ford truck diesel"). Use it to replace a leaky one or use it in a side by side arrangement, I just don't need it anymore.

Asking $25 + the ride. Includes the housing and the new filter pictured. I'll ditch the old used one currently installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-14 18.11.29.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	72333   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-14 18.11.38.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	72334  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2013, 12:40 AM
GuamPilot
Mike & Carrie Wendt
1986 90 2.5NA

Registry
If this directly bolts in place of the stock filter head, I will buy it. Please describe any modifications if needed.

I assume this will fit in a medium USPS Priority Mail box?

Do you want check or PayPal or do you directly accept credit cards?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
For sale is a fuel filter head originally fit to 2.5NA (and I think) 2.5TD Rover motors. The head/filter is cross compatible with other domestic diesels (I found the filter widely available at NAPA, etc under "Ford truck diesel"). Use it to replace a leaky one or use it in a side by side arrangement, I just don't need it anymore.

Asking $25 + the ride. Includes the housing and the new filter pictured. I'll ditch the old used one currently installed.
Old June 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
That prime pump at the filter is sweet, but I think if I upgrade it will be to a 1 piece filter so you can fill the bad boy up, screw it on and loose minimal prime...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Sedimenter then 12V pump then spin-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-man View Post
That prime pump at the filter is sweet, but I think if I upgrade it will be to a 1 piece filter so you can fill the bad boy up, screw it on and loose minimal prime...
The optimal setup is a sedimenter that will trap water, sludge, and particulate, then a low pressure 12V pump, then a spin-on filter... The spin-on picture shows a 12V heater that you won't need. Then you will never have to prime the system again.
We change the filter, switch on the key, wait a few minutes, then start the engine, then drive away. It takes longer to walk to throw the old filter away, then it does to bleed the system.

We have some sedimenters and spin-on filter heads if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010044.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	73586   Click image for larger version

Name:	12V_Spin_On.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	73587  

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
fuel, nib