1994 3.9L engine - - FREE - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old February 12th, 2013, 01:44 PM
tonydownunda
Tony
1994/Defender 90

1994 3.9L engine - - FREE

Manual and it is not shifting right now so it probably needs a little work on the top end. All the fluids were recently drained and they were all clean. Our best guess is that the engine has about 50,000 miles. We are not sure if it runs but it was well maintained and running perfectly until the Darwin award winner attempted wiring the trailer hitch and burned the interior. It is a California car so the engine is clean with no rust. It is on a pallet and shrink wrapped. Interested party needs to pay for shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydownunda View Post
Manual and it is not shifting right now so it probably needs a little work on the top end. All the fluids were recently drained and they were all clean. Our best guess is that the engine has about 50,000 miles. We are not sure if it runs but it was well maintained and running perfectly until the Darwin award winner attempted wiring the trailer hitch and burned the interior. It is a California car so the engine is clean with no rust. It is on a pallet and shrink wrapped. Interested party needs to pay for shipping.
The guy died in the truck???

The definition is:

The Darwin Awards recognize individuals who have contributed to human evolution by self-selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterilization due to their own actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Darwin on the owner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
The Darwin Awards recognize individuals who have contributed to human evolution by self-selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterilization due to their own actions.
I was thinking the same thing and then saw your post... remember the guy who fastened a jet rocket onto the back of his car. All they found was a thumb and some bone fragments when it hit a cliff.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
More importantly, does this include the transmission and transfer case? It sounds like it might since you mention it's manual and not shifting.
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
I was thinking the same thing and then saw your post... remember the guy who fastened a jet rocket onto the back of his car. All they found was a thumb and some bone fragments when it hit a cliff.
A friend had the books at their house, I read a few of the stories and the only conclusion I have is... You cannot fix stupid.

------ Follow up post added February 12th, 2013 02:31 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
More importantly, does this include the transmission and transfer case? It sounds like it might since you mention it's manual and not shifting.
He posted it for sale back in July the whole setup...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydownunda View Post
I am new to this forum and I have begun a D-90 project. The Defender is from Canada and was brought to California in the 90's. The owner hot wired a trailer hitch which caused an electrical short and a fire that destroyed the dash and part of the interior. Since the whole interior needs to be re-done we have decided to pull the engine and put either a Chevy LS1 or LS2 in. I would like to sell the engine, transmission and transfer case. It is a manual and it is not shifting right now so it probably needs a little work on the top end. All the fluids were recently drained and they were all clean. Our best guess is that the engine has about 50,000 miles. We are not sure if it runs but it was well maintained and running perfectly until the Darwin award winner attempted wiring the trailer hitch. It is a California car so the engine is clean with no rust. It is on a pallet and shrink wrapped. Buyer is going to have to pay for shipping. I can help find you a shipper. Best offer and it is yours.

Old February 12th, 2013, 02:33 PM
tonydownunda
Tony
1994/Defender 90

No death in the car. Yes to the transfer case and transmission. It goes to the junk yard this weekend. I would hate to see it destroyed.

The conversion went well. The car is about 95% complete. Just finishing up the last pieces of the dash. Now I can get any part at my local auto parts shop.
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Oy, I wish you were closer as that is definitely worth saving. Surely someone from the area will jump on this.

How's the LS swap going?
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
tonydownunda
Tony
1994/Defender 90

Swap is going really well. Engine, transmission and transfer case are in and the wiring and dash are almost done. Couple little hiccups but nothing major.
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Oy, I wish you were closer as that is definitely worth saving. Surely someone from the area will jump on this.
Yep, me thinks it would have been good for the tube buggy rolling around in my head.

Semper Fi!
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:03 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Very interested....Will have to see about shipping it to either Florida or Alaska..any pics and how badly was the engine melted..
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:32 PM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
Is this a LT77 box?

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
hmmmmmmm....ROADTRIP!!!!!!
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:57 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Series88 View Post
hmmmmmmm....ROADTRIP!!!!!!
That will be the ultimate RURR...

Old February 12th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Dave Thiessen
Dave Thiessen
85 Land Rover 110

Registry
PM sent
00 DII- RIP
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:25 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Has anybody heard from this guy.. Trying to organize the pickup and can't get a response..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
1994, engine