110 Military Swivels, balls, CV's, complete outer - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old October 19th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

110 Military Swivels, balls, CV's, complete outer

I have for sale 3 110 1 ton CV's from Never Summer Offroad. Very beafy. With them I have the full front outers. This includes the entire outer assemblies. The Ball, swivel, disk brakes, the whole lot. These are 110 military with Discovery disk brakes. The swivels are already bored so if you were thinking of going with Kieths super bling so sswweeet CV setup, they would be a great fit. I also have 300m front shafts. The shafts go to a 31 spline 1.37 in diff so if you wanted to run them with a rover dif, you would have to have them resized and resplined, but pretty good way to get new shafts for $100! These will also come with big Chevy 1.25 ton ball joints for the steering, you do not have to use them but they are pretty cool. I don't know what this is worh. If anyone is interested, please make me an offer. Thanks!!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2004, 08:21 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I will take the shafts

Maybe the rest depending on how much $$ you need out of them.

Sent you a PM
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Axles are sold. The rest is still up for grabs. This is probably the cheapest way you all could upgrade your CV's, which is an absolute must if you have even thought about using your trucks for what god intended them for!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Swivel balls and bits are sold. I now have the 3 HD CV's. Funny, but the things I though would sell immediately are left and the things I thought would take a while flew out!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 26th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Come on people, this is three Beefy 110 CV's! All for $300. WIll sell separately. Thanks

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 27th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Dave,

Don't know a lot about CVs. I keep things lubed up and all seems fine. FingersXd. But might be a good idea to grab two of yours. Will they plug into the rest of my front axle, or do I need other mods? The front half of my drive train is all stock 93NAS110.

Doug
Old October 27th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I am not totally sure if they will plug in. I think they will, they are the ones used in upgrades all the time for 90's, but a 110 should fit. If anything, you would have to grind a little material away from the spindle to fit them. I will ask Pendy and get back to you, as he is the expert.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 27th, 2004, 12:38 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Expert from my father.

But I do know the answer to this. Yes they will fit. I have some stock 10 spline shafts I will sell you cheap if you buy these from Bucky. Both 100.00. Send the money to Bucky and PM me an address. I will get the shipping also.

JP
Flattery its like a dare.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old October 27th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Wink

Wait a minute. Is this the Pirate forum? 10 spline -- that's the dog meat brittle stuff, right? If I want to upgrade I need 48 spline -- or was that 64? Help, over my head. Trade for a 3.9 block?
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

So does all this mean you want the CV's?? Cause I have sold one so there are two left!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:14 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I have a dozen 3.9's laying about, try again. But $ works.

Whats PBB?

JP

Old October 27th, 2004, 11:58 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Pirate Bulletin Board. you know about that dont you?
Old October 28th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Okay, so I'm learning. The NAS 110s, being 1993, have 10 spline front axles, which obviously need to be upgraded to 24s, right? Right. (Good thing I've been pushing this truck uphill on that Salisbury.)

So don't know how this relates to Bucky's CVs, and guess I would need to know that. Right? Right.

DW
Old October 29th, 2004, 01:19 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Okay, so I'm learning. The NAS 110s, being 1993, have 10 spline front axles, which obviously need to be upgraded to 24s, right? Right. (Good thing I've been pushing this truck uphill on that Salisbury.)

So don't know how this relates to Bucky's CVs, and guess I would need to know that. Right? Right.

DW
The axles I have are 10 spline. If you what to have spares, both axles and CV's.

I agree you should update to 24 spline, but do an ARB when you update. The big CV's you have need special axles to run with a 24 spline diff. So a lot more costs are involved.
You can load up on cheap spares or save your nickels and update your front axle. Of course a front Sals would be the best option in your high speed runner. They are rare as hens teeth and $

Search more options and ask more questions if you like.

JP

Old October 29th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Humm, so we are changing off the subject of the thread, but it might help David sell his cv's.

What do you guys think is the best 'business class' (vs. coach or first class) axle set up for the 110? I'm not an aggressive rock climber, but have been known to get into tight spots on the trail now and then and sometimes get myself into corners where momentum is necessary but dangerous. I have a Detroit that is due to go into the Salibury soon which will reduce the need to 'charge' my way out of tough spots.

Also want to be able to cruise and corner, with an understanding of the limitations of the vehicle. OME 751s in front, 755s rear, Koni HeavyTrack shocks (which are awesome).

DW
Old October 30th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Wow Doug,
I could type here for an hour and still not full answer that question. I think the cheapest v. best way to deal with that front end is probably the rover trax toy longfield CV option. This is keeping price vs strenth in the picture. The second best and cheaper option is to go with my CV's and 24 spline axles. This is weaker, and cheaper. Of course the best option, is Dana60 and hit it hard, but that is very pricey. You get what you pay for in life, unfortunantly. But, if you are running stock stuff, and have not broken anything yet, you are not really going at it. So you might be fine with what you have. Okay, so to best answer your question, it will go like this- With the weakest but cheapest option first. Keep in mind that the weakest option here is still 30% stronger than what you have now.

1. My CV's and bling 24 spline chromo axles.
2. Rover trax (bad frekin ass) longfielded CV's and chromo axles
3. Toy R+P pinion and Rover trax (bad frekin ass) longfielded CV's and chromo axles
4. Dana 60 complete front
5. 9in r+p and Dana 60 outers
6. Mog portals

Now, how come no one has bought my CV's yet?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 1st, 2004, 12:55 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Thanks, Dave. What would be a good match on my Salisbury rear axle to your #1. above? Simple upgrade to HD axles?

DW
Old November 2nd, 2004, 01:16 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Your rear diff is very strong, you just have the weaker stock axles. If it were me on a real tight budget, I would order a couple pairs of Rover Trax axles, my CV's, and drop in a 24 spline LR front diff. You could probably get the front diff all set up for under $100, even free. Add the axles and CV's and for a cheap price, you have a set up that can handle 35in tires and modest to hard driving. With your nice motor, I would leave the front diff open, or you might start popping the front CV's even with the upgrade, but very unlikely with 33in or smaller tires.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 2nd, 2004, 01:42 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

I'm convinced, David! Please send me a private message how you would like to arrange payment.

Suggestions about where to start looking for the 24 spline front diff?

DW
Old November 3rd, 2004, 01:25 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Pendy is a good one, so is Kieth, maybe you could sweet talk him if you get the axles from him (rover trax). I would also put a post in the wanted section, a lot of people have them around after ARBs or other upgrades were put in. I will PM you.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags