Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old December 12th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
110/109 Full-Length Galvanized Brownchurch rack -$600

I have a full-length commercial (HD) Brownchurch rack that fits a 110 and possibly a 109.
See the photos, but this is not the typical Brownchurch rack. It has heavy-duty, double mounting legs and additional strut supports on the front and rear to carry some heavy weight. I don't have the exact specs on what the weight rating is, but I did have about 450lbs of cement board and P.T. landscape timbers on there last week. Easy to tie the cargo down when you walk down the center expanded wire mesh center section.

The photos may not show it well, but the front overhang section has two support struts that attach to the window hinge bracket and the rear has two support struts that attach at the capping line below the small quarter windows. Bottom line is that this is designed to handle some significant weight.

I'd love to keep this rack as it has awesome utilty, but unfortunately it's not compatible with the SD safari cage that's getting installed.

It is fully galvanized with all the hardware and has been painted black. For those with garage clrearance issues, this may be a good solution because it doesn't have those high sides. I'll measure the exact height if anyone is interested (from where the bottom of the mounting leg attaches to the rain gutter to the top of the rack). The rack no longer has the retractable/collapsable ladder that was recessed into the center section, but you could probably get one if you absolutely had to have it. No bends or tweaks aside from where the ladder rollers are but see the photos it's not really a big deal.

Offered to D-90 members for $600, but it's definately a pick-up only situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	44630   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	44631  

Click image for larger version

Name:	rack 1.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	44632   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	44633  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2011, 07:14 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Bump.
As an incentive before it snows, I'll offer it for $500 (but only until say, January 1st, or whenever it snows).

Otherwise, I'll put it aside for the spring. I realize it's probably a bit too "commercial" for most people, but I've learned that a lot of Defender owners actually use their trucks to "work" with. This rack is perfect for hauling ladders, stock, whatever. It's seriously heavy-duty (and galvanized with zero rust).
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
need storage, somebody buy this.
Great rack. Super heavy duty.
Have all the bracing and hardware. I think this is $1,200 new from brownchurch and then it will cost about $1,000 to get it accross the pond.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
109, 110, ac, brownchurch, rack