Whats this D90 worth? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 5th, 2009, 05:25 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Enjoy it Cliff.

37k if it is clean as you say it is, is better than 30k for one that you will end up regretting because it needs a lot to get it up to snuff.

Ron

PS random plug for www.roversclub.org if you want to get involved in a local club. We have lots of folks from up your way.
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2009, 05:35 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin8ty
I will post pics upon picking it up this saturday if any one is interested.
Sweet! now since you are in New York we should go wheel it soon! you in?
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:58 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Not too bad really, you might have overpaid by 10%, but who cares really? If you got a good truck then don't worry about it. These are toys, and those who think they need to break even on every toy bought and sold should get into something other than cars. I don't really think its necessary or cool to obsess about a couple thousand here or there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2009, 06:05 PM
JJB622
Jimmy Baker
1997 BRG D90

Hey Cliff,

Congrats on the purchase. 97 with the yellow is a very desirable combo. I wouldn't sweat the price, especially considering I seldom see D90's for sale in our area. They're great cars for NYC.. you'll definitely enjoy it. I haven't taken mine offroad yet, but i would love to in the next few weeks if anyone wants to mobilize a new york crew.
Old January 5th, 2009, 07:27 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin8ty
I paid 37k, According to the posts I feel good about it. Could I have saved a 2-4k probably so, but like one of the posts said, I will enjoy it and I have been waiting for the right vehicle for a few months now. Also the seller and people involved seem very trust worthy as does the documentation and mechanic feedback. Thanks for all the input!

I will post pics upon picking it up this saturday if any one is interested.

Follow-up Post:

by the way, throughout the recent months i have asked some questions and even spoke to some members who gave great advice. This is a great forum with good people and I am looking foward for future advice on what mods to make and general D90 stuff. Thanks again for everyones help.
If it's any consolation, I got a spectacular sub-20k deal on my '97 SW, and after a bit of time, it was evident that it needed $10k+ worth of work/time to really get it where I wanted it quality-wise. Not a lemon at all, just well used (as it should be) and the tradeoff was exactly as the forum assassins explained. With luck, you'll be able to go 30k miles without significant breakdown or depreciation. And I firmly believe that quality NAS rigs will appreciate in value. As opposed to my M5, which leaves dollar bills on the ground whenever I push the accelerator to the floor.
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:20 PM
merlin8ty
Cliff Weinstein
1997 D-90 AA Yellow

Security System? Okay picked up the truck today, couldnt be happier with the purchase. Snow storm in northeast was a joke driving the vehicle back from maryland. thanks for everyones input, will post pics shortly. Here is my next question...the car is equipped with a Clifford alarm system. Seems pretty basic but not functioning properly at the moment, probably needs just a tweak or something. But i am very interested in purchasing a top quality security system. Lojack? other Systems? Basically i want peace of mind that the truck is nearly impossible to steal, perhaps not even start without a chip or key set...etc...Does anyone has suggestions on what works best with Defenders? The truck will be parked in a garage in manhattan full time but when im out and about i would rather not worry. Any help would be great.
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:41 PM
nikojo
John
D90 SW -- 2.8PS

Here are some of the unconventional ideas that are out there.....

1) You could "hide" a cut-off switch that powers the fuel pump or fuel cutoff....a switch only you would know where is hidden.

2) Mechanical key operated valve like MechLok http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/Meck_Lock.html
you can hook up to clutch OR brake system

3) Armored ignition key system.......Ravelco although a bit ugly, it is very difficult to foil http://www.neverstolen.com/productinfo.html
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:48 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Just remove the driveshafts or put the transfercase in neutral... they'll never figure out why its not going... or remove the steering wheel!
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
merlin8ty
Cliff Weinstein
1997 D-90 AA Yellow

pics

here are two pics taken by iphone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d90.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	17284   Click image for larger version

Name:	d902.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	17285  

Old January 11th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Nice, congratulations! BTW, that looks like a Badger ST which are generally considered the best top for a D90 and cost around $2,200 so that should make you feel even better about the price you paid. With regard to your alarm questions, the Ravelco seems rather foolproof as long as it is installed by someone who takes pride in their work. I personally hate all theft systems because they are usually poorly installed and fail, causing problems for the owner. If it were me, I would remove the Clifford and just leave it be. The defender community is pretty tight knit. You don't hear of them getting stolen often, and if it was, odds are pretty good that the thief would be caught as soon as he tried to sell it, part it out or retitle it. Just my opinion.

The LoJack is really not a good alternative. If you look at the coverage area it will remind you of cell phone coverage in 1991. IIRC less than 1/2 the US is actually covered by lojack. If you are really adamant about some system, I think the Ravelco system looks like a good way to go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, d90